[0.17.17] always desyncs on multiplayer join

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.17.17] always desyncs on multiplayer join

Post by mrvn »

Vanilla starts up fine but installing just the angelsrefining mod always causes a desync on join.

Removing the control.lua and migration scripts from angelsrefining, leaving only settings.lua and data*.lua, doesn't change anything. The mod doesn't even do anything then and still you get a desync.

Everything works fine after downgrading to 0.17.16 so this seem to be a regression in the game itself triggered by mod.

PS: attaching the mod fails "Error parsing server response".
Attachments
desync-report-2019-03-21_23-40-47.zip
(3 MiB) Downloaded 94 times

KingPin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.17] always desyncs on multiplayer join

Post by KingPin »

I posted a new topic day or so ago but just saw your topic and noticed I have the same issue, angels refining gives me desync also. I have not been able to debug why it happens yet :( I have removed all other mods to test and this single mod throws any 2nd connection to the server for a desync. mine started around 17.16 also, and is still happening at 17.23.

not sure if it matters but I am on linux ubuntu 18.10 LXC container.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I haven't had much time to debug this either. Never change a running system. :)

Angel suggested though that maybe some settings are different between server and client. If you want to test further try syncing the game and mod settings by hand, don't assume the game syncs them correctly.

KingPin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KingPin »

I shutdown server, copied the mod-settings.dat from client to server, and restarted and tested and the same desync sadly. gotta love having a settings file that cant be edited via a text editor...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

You don't need to sync the settings by hand. The game won't allow you to join the server if they're different.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

KingPin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KingPin »

doesnt really matter, pretty much all of us stopped playing since no one can get on.

Return to “Desyncs with mods”