[0.17.23] Map Generator->Mod Settings restarts without warning

Bugs that are actually features.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.23] Map Generator->Mod Settings restarts without warning

Post by Boogieman14 »

Not entirely sure this qualifies as a bug per se, but it's certainly annoying.

I was just starting a new map, went through a few different seeds and other slider settings until i was satisfied with the preview. Then I went to Mod Settings, changed a few toggles and when I hit confirm, the game restarted without warning. Obviously my carefully tweaked settings and seed were gone with no way to reproduce them.

At the very least, the confirm button in Mod Settings should have a warning about the restart, perhaps with an option to copy the map exchange string to clipboard. Even better would be some mechanism to automatically save and recover the settings.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.23] Map Generator->Mod Settings restarts without warning

Post by Bilka »

You mean like this?
That's already in the game :P
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.23] Map Generator->Mod Settings restarts without warning

Post by Boogieman14 »

I guess that's not quite obvious enough then :lol: In fact, it is quite well hidden as it is the same font and color as the options. An important message like that should at least have a different color, or even a mouseover on the confirm button.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Return to “Not a bug”