Version 0.17.19

Information about releases and roadmap.
Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.19

Post by Light »

If you're alright with mods, then RSO can be used to make resources so distant and rare that you'll explore the map for half an hour finding distant patches which require tens of thousands of track to reach. It's the only true way to experience a proper rail world right now.

Just know that resources don't show on previews, which is something the devs really should support given its common use.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Light wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:27 pm
Just know that resources don't show on previews, which is something the devs really should support given its common use.
Thats weird because every time for me the preview ore location and type matched with what I got in game. In 17.11 at least...

Also I was hoping that we can get ore frequency changed without a mod. Not all planets are so rich in ores after all. Default settings are horrendous for "reality's" sake...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

BHakluyt wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:35 pm
Thats weird because every time for me the preview ore location and type matched with what I got in game. In 17.11 at least...
I think what Light says is that RSO generated ores won't show on the preview. I think I've read once that the resources generated by RSO were generated after the map, so preview can't show them. But I might be wrong.
[Edit] Seems I'm not : Factorio 0.16.x/0.17.x note: RSO doesn't work with map preview - there will be no ores there with RSO active
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/rso-mod
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Releases”