Community Map

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Community Map

Post by TwentyEighty »

Is there any community map for PyMods? If not do you guys want to start one? Perhaps when Py Oil releases. Maybe with 10 people building sulfuric acid plants we can have enough Nickel :lol:

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Community Map

Post by kingarthur »

Could be fun. I've thought about it before but I dont know where to get a server to run one.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

i ve been on such a server its very fun but you need good comminication and set some hard rules like only RHD .

and probably another thing you need is a good understanding of what you do
like assign to people tasks like make a steel BP that does X/s with the available inputs beeing ( bad example since o2 and coke are not that expensive)

AND PLANN OUT WELL

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

FYI going to start a 0.17 community map server when PyPH is ready

Mod List:
Factorio Standard Library
PyCoal
PyFE
PyHT
PyIndustry
PyRO
PyPH

OpteraLib
LTN
LTN Tracker
Stone Water Well
Miniloader
QuickStart
Maybe Grumpy Joe's mod if he doesn't go too crazy with it, I agree with the molybdenum miner and stack inserter changes so far

Big Bags
Bottleneck
Even Distribution
Squeak Through
RSO
Ore Eraser

FNEI
What's it really used for
Helmod

If it's easy I might replace quick start with a simple mod that includes Py construction bots instead of vanilla bots to start, because why not.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

TwentyEighty wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:23 am
FYI going to start a 0.17 community map server when PyPH is ready

Mod List:
Factorio Standard Library
PyCoal
PyFE
PyHT
PyIndustry
PyRO
PyPH

OpteraLib
LTN
LTN Tracker
Stone Water Well
Miniloader
QuickStart
Maybe Grumpy Joe's mod if he doesn't go too crazy with it, I agree with the molybdenum miner and stack inserter changes so far

Big Bags
Bottleneck
Even Distribution
Squeak Through
RSO
Ore Eraser

FNEI
What's it really used for
Helmod

If it's easy I might replace quick start with a simple mod that includes Py construction bots instead of vanilla bots to start, because why not.
here are a few that i recommend :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BigStorageTank
lord kator train mod ( much more ups friendly then LTN when it comes to sustained traffic with common use items (ores & plates) )
black market
vehicle wagon
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LJD_Vehicles_A16
and maybe some powerful train mod since with 500 stack trains get pretty heavy and slow

Bottleneck-this might be a ups drain in mid-late game

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

a and i suggest waiting a few days after initial release for major bug and balance patch

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:40 pm
lord kator train mod ( much more ups friendly then LTN when it comes to sustained traffic with common use items (ores & plates) )
black market
vehicle wagon
and maybe some powerful train mod since with 500 stack trains get pretty heavy and slow

UPS friendly is very important with PyMods, but I have no experience with TSM. I read about it a bit, but I can't figure out if you can request multiple materials to one stop. Do you know? I have LTN designs to request an arbitrary number of materials to a warehouse, and up to 3 different fluids to 4k tanks. Do you know if this is possible in TSM?

Same applies to provider stations, and it seems like you can't do multiple materials for a supply station in TSM. The rail framework looks like it needs to be completely different for a provider station vs a requester station. In LTN I could use stacker->station for every single station, so every spot in a rail grid can look the same. So i'm trying to think up what a rail grid design would look like in TSM

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

TwentyEighty wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:40 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:40 pm
black market
vehicle wagon

UPS friendly is very important with PyMods, but I have no experience with TSM. I read about it a bit, but I can't figure out if you can request multiple materials to one stop. Do you know? I have LTN designs to request an arbitrary number of materials to a warehouse, and up to 3 different fluids to 4k tanks. Do you know if this is possible in TSM?

Same applies to provider stations, and it seems like you can't do multiple materials for a supply station in TSM. The rail framework looks like it needs to be completely different for a provider station vs a requester station. In LTN I could use stacker->station for every single station, so every spot in a rail grid can look the same. So i'm trying to think up what a rail grid design would look like in TSM

yes i know i use it
yes you can ask for more then 1 ( but you must make sure you can store it)
it should work with fluids too if you use proper wiering
provider station is a simple vanilla design BUT if you want to get more complex( filters ) you can load more then 1 item from a station
rail grid:
basicaly the same but is nome cases you need BIG stackers and is nome none at all

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

also isnt water fill better then those springs?

smaller size 3X3 vs 5X5 allows more water sources pe smaller areas and that makes for smaller more efficient designs

also i recommend black market mod with tech market since getting some circuits here and there or a building can really speed things up IF you decide to sell stuff
and if you relay sell like crazy you can make some builds that dont require rebuilding

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:45 pm
yes i know i use it
yes you can ask for more then 1 ( but you must make sure you can store it)
it should work with fluids too if you use proper wiering
provider station is a simple vanilla design BUT if you want to get more complex( filters ) you can load more then 1 item from a station
rail grid:
basicaly the same but is nome cases you need BIG stackers and is nome none at all
It seems like I need a dedicated train every time I get iron oxide output somewhere (or ash or chromite sand or whatever other useful waste product) and I want to be able to send it someplace. Is this correct? In LTN you can just let the iron oxide slowly accumulate not bothering anyone and a train gets sent when finally you reach the provide threshold
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:21 pm
also isnt water fill better then those springs?

smaller size 3X3 vs 5X5 allows more water sources pe smaller areas and that makes for smaller more efficient designs

also i recommend black market mod with tech market since getting some circuits here and there or a building can really speed things up IF you decide to sell stuff
and if you relay sell like crazy you can make some builds that dont require rebuilding
I've used waterfill a lot but wanted to try someone more blueprint friendly and more redesign friendly. Plus one fewer thing to keep in inventory, and the wells looked kinda neat. There's also this one https://mods.factorio.com/mod/inland_pumps

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Code: Select all

It seems like I need a dedicated train every time I get iron oxide output somewhere (or ash or chromite sand or whatever other useful waste product) and I want to be able to send it someplace. Is this correct? In LTN you can just let the iron oxide slowly accumulate not bothering anyone and a train gets sent when finally you reach the provide threshold
no you dont need a train for each outpost its a double provider setup and depending on the amount caried arrownd you will need a small depot for that resource like 3 trains or more depends of the output

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Was going to wait until PyPH, but hey my family is out of town two nights this week so I'm opening this now. Public server, 24/7 to the best of my ability. All are welcome. The password is nichrome (obviously). Just find me on the server list under PyMods Community Map. I'm based in US-EAST, have fiber so bandwidth should be no problem but who knows about latency for all you europeans. Biters are turned on but pretty nerfed. Could kill off biters and pollution once we start hitting UPS cap.

People have been asking about a Py discord so I made a discord for this map. IDK if people will use it or not
https://discord.gg/YjBs6B

Let's start spaghetti-ing our way to Green Science, pump out some rails and jaw crushers, and go rail grid after that.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

where the discord??
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

Where the discord ??

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

I guess I don't know how to discord, this one should be permanent https://discord.gg/44Gb5Dv

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

I'm going to restart the community 24/7 map for all pymods + PyPH (as soon as we can get a config released into RSO). All are welcome! Get ready to produce a lot of small-parts-01

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

gears are past....small parts are the future :D
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Return to “PyMods”