Topics and discussion about specific mods
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Deadlock's Crating Machine

Post by Deadlock989 »

Omnifarious wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:48 pm
You're going to make the crating machines only take 2x2 and going to give them those fancy new graphics? That's pretty fanastic! Question though, are the loaders a part of the machine, or are they separate? I really hope they're separate. :-)
No, they're staying 3x3, and no, the loaders are not part of the mod. Cosmetic changes only plus a fix for the new belt speeds, should be available in the next couple of days.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

Since this is the mod of yours that interests me most, I might be willing to take ownership over code updates and fixes.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Omnifarious wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:37 am
Since this is the mod of yours that interests me most, I might be willing to take ownership over code updates and fixes.
Shane is maintaining it for now and I'm keeping an eye on it as well, so I think we're OK. That said, it's a GNU license so you can do almost anything you like with it as long as you acknowledge the source and authors and maintain the same license if you chose to re-publish it.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Version: 1.4.1
Date: 21. 03. 2019

Changes:
- Brand new unique crate machine graphics!
- Adjusted crafting times to match 0.17 belt speeds, so that each tier compresses its respective belt again.
- Updated crate icons to match new wooden chests.
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Why can't I search for the techs when they are researched?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

SuperSandro2000 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:30 pm
No idea. Works for me.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:35 pm
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:30 pm
No idea. Works for me.

mmm Could be a typo.

But I found this:

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:55 pm
But I found this:
Can't reproduce. Will need a lot more (i.e. any) info about your set-up, other mods installed etc. before I can start to help you. Looks like it might be some other mod that reorganises the inventory tab and isn't handling layered icons properly.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:55 pm
But I found this:
Can't reproduce. Will need a lot more (i.e. any) info about your set-up, other mods installed etc. before I can start to help you. Looks like it might be some other mod that reorganises the inventory tab and isn't handling layered icons properly.
Can't reproduce it anymore...

Harag
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Harag »

Are the pollution values intended? There's nothing about that in the balancing choices.

A tier 3 crating machine has a pollution of 7.65/s. Compare that to 2/s for the tier 3 assembler and 4/s for the centrifuge (Factorio changed the values recently).

A centrifuge handles uranium. A crating machine uses electrical energy to do mechanical work recycling wooden boxes. I think that should produce less pollution :geek:

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Harag wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:18 pm
Are the pollution values intended? There's nothing about that in the balancing choices.

A tier 3 crating machine has a pollution of 7.65/s. Compare that to 2/s for the tier 3 assembler and 4/s for the centrifuge (Factorio changed the values recently).

A centrifuge handles uranium. A crating machine uses electrical energy to do mechanical work recycling wooden boxes. I think that should produce less pollution :geek:
No, that's probably not right. They used to be the same order of magnitude as an assembler. I did read about the pollution changes in the FFF but didn't bear it in mind. I will take a look later.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Version: 1.4.2
Date: 25. 03. 2019
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a pollution issue. Crating machines now equal the pollution of assemblers of the same tier.
Changes:
- Rebalanced energy usage.
Version: 1.4.3
Date: 26. 03. 2019
Bugfixes:
- Tier colour mask wasn't rendered properly, now fixed.

Frenzier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frenzier »

The cost of crating machines its meant to be express stack inserters and electric engine units for all 3 types of Crating machines? Shouldn't a Crating machine 1 that its meant to work with yellow belts require a similar level of technology to be crafted? Im using Bobs+Angels.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Frenzier wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:10 am
The cost of crating machines its meant to be express stack inserters and electric engine units for all 3 types of Crating machines? Shouldn't a Crating machine 1 that its meant to work with yellow belts require a similar level of technology to be crafted? Im using Bobs+Angels.
It can give a belt 20x the throughput or more, depending on what's being crated. So it should be relatively expensive.

Frenzier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frenzier »

By the time i get the technology to build a crating machine 1, it will be pointless to use it since i will be already using express belts, so i will just go straight to Crating Machine 3... that makes Crating Machine 1 & 2 redundant. It costs Red and Green Science packs to unlock the technology for crating machine 1, but the materials to build a crating machine 1 require Blue Science packs, and Blue Science Packs gives me Express Stack Inserters and Belts, a Crating Machine 1 should require regular Inserters+Engine Units+Assembling Machine 2+Steel a Crating Machine 2 should require Fast Stack Inserters+Electric Engine Units+Assembling Machine 3+Crating Machine 1+Steel, and the Crating Machine 3 should require Express Stack Inserters+Assembling Machine 4+Crating Machine 2+Steel+Something else, I agree it should be expensive, for that quantity can be adjusted, not locked behind technology.

Maybe its some sort of bug with Bobs mods, since it has 2 more levels of logistics, yet you have crating machines only up to level 3 logistics.

Your stacking beltboxes and compact loaders have 5 machines for each logistics level.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:27 pm
By the time i get the technology to build a crating machine 1, it will be pointless to use it since i will be already using express belts, so i will just go straight to Crating Machine 3... that makes Crating Machine 1 & 2 redundant. It costs Red and Green Science packs to unlock the technology for crating machine 1, but the materials to build a crating machine 1 require Blue Science packs, and Blue Science Packs gives me Express Stack Inserters and Belts, a Crating Machine 1 should require regular Inserters+Engine Units+Assembling Machine 2+Steel a Crating Machine 2 should require Fast Stack Inserters+Electric Engine Units+Assembling Machine 3+Crating Machine 1+Steel, and the Crating Machine 3 should require Express Stack Inserters+Assembling Machine 4+Crating Machine 2+Steel+Something else, I agree it should be expensive, for that quantity can be adjusted, not locked behind technology.

Maybe its some sort of bug with Bobs mods, since it has 2 more levels of logistics, yet you have crating machines only up to level 3 logistics.

Your stacking beltboxes and compact loaders have 5 machines for each logistics level.
*shrug* I didn't balance the crating machine recipe for other mods and whatever changes they might make. I don't know what an "express stack inserter" even is.

Instead I wrote code that lets third party add-ons crate their stuff up easily. Bob and Angel support is provided by such an add-on. The add-on is responsible for making this mod compatible with whatever other mod, in terms of what is packable, what the machine recipes are and so forth.

But there is no support for higher tiers of belt in Crating. DSB does, but not this mod. A five-speed belt full of crates would have the same throughput as 100 yellow belts or more. Got no interest in trying to make that happen, myself.

Frenzier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frenzier »

Im sorry, i didnt realise the issue was not on your end.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:17 pm
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:27 pm

*shrug* I didn't balance the crating machine recipe for other mods and whatever changes they might make. I don't know what an "express stack inserter" even is.

Instead I wrote code that lets third party add-ons crate their stuff up easily. Bob and Angel support is provided by such an add-on. The add-on is responsible for making this mod compatible with whatever other mod, in terms of what is packable, what the machine recipes are and so forth.

But there is no support for higher tiers of belt in Crating. DSB does, but not this mod. A five-speed belt full of crates would have the same throughput as 100 yellow belts or more. Got no interest in trying to make that happen, myself.
My usual use case with beltboxes is that I have a fast belt running into the box and a slow, cheap belt to transport the stacks long distance.

So an express or ultimate crating machine would be for the purpose of keeping up with a express belt or ultimate belt of raw items. Not to produce an express or ultimate belt of crated items. It's only 4-5 yellow belts worth per crating machine. How many you then combine to fill a belt and at what speed is another matter.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Any chance we could get a settings variable to determine the base crafting speed? I'm getting these gaps:

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Recon777 wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:45 am
Any chance we could get a settings variable to determine the base crafting speed? I'm getting these gaps:
Shouldn't be happening since the last patch or two. Can't reproduce. Are you using any other mods? Need more info.

Return to β€œMods”