kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

YunoAloe wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:27 pm
kingarthur,
How do I make coke? It is required for automation science packs (red flasks), but FNEI shows the only recipe that is not locked with any technology is using destructive distillation column. Which I cannot craft because it requires copper pipes, which are locked behind fluid handling. There are two cokes, the one required is Angel's Petro Chemical Processing, the other one which cannot be crafted is Py's. I tried changing "Hide Converter Recipes", "Enables the converter valve and recipes" in Angel's, also those last two options in your mod, but none had effect on this. I see other people also having this issue?

UPD: found this https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pycoalpro ... 000d8fa958
What's that option they're talking about, I can't find it.

UPD2: Ok, I was able to proceed with the distillation column + gas vent + tailings pond, after I disabled AAI Industries. Probably need to add copper pipes in addition to regular pipes to the crashing sequence.
ok ill look into it all and get them fixed soon. pc down atm so itll be a few days before its done

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 am
Szentigrade wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:39 am
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:30 am

I'll look into adding one. Pc in peices atm so itll be a few days
i just noticed there is no botanical nursery MK01 at all, need that unlocked from the start
Well that's not right. Send me your save so I can see who broke things and I'll get it fixed asap as I'm working on stuff right now
attached save, kinda stuck right now because of no wood
ok so far ive managed to narrow it down to something in omnimods is disabling the botanical nursery mk01 and several of the log recipes from the early game that should be in coal processing 1 tech. ill keep working on it and i should have it fixed sometime in the next 24hrs
hows the pc coming along? any eta on fixes

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:45 am
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 am
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:39 am
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am

i just noticed there is no botanical nursery MK01 at all, need that unlocked from the start
Well that's not right. Send me your save so I can see who broke things and I'll get it fixed asap as I'm working on stuff right now
attached save, kinda stuck right now because of no wood
ok so far ive managed to narrow it down to something in omnimods is disabling the botanical nursery mk01 and several of the log recipes from the early game that should be in coal processing 1 tech. ill keep working on it and i should have it fixed sometime in the next 24hrs
hows the pc coming along? any eta on fixes
Finally got the parts I needed. So I'm working on that now and will be getting to mod fixes asap. Should have them done in the next couple of days

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Hello kingarthur,
I am happy to see your getting your repairs. If you would be interested, I found an incompatibility.
It surfaces when you load Bob+Angel+MadClown+Py (all full) and Omnimatter together.
You get this error on Factorio - start (on image).
When I pull out Angels refining, outhers load succesfully; same happens, if I toggle off Py-mods. In attachment are also factorio-current and modlist.
From the little I know about Omnimatter, I suspect that the problem is that all the loaded ores dont get their "tiers" from Omnimatter.
If you would get to look into it, I would be also interested in any elaboration about the problem. Someday, I would love to start some modding myself :)
Thanks a lot, looking forward to add Omnimatter to my games :)
PS: I am still on 0.16; if it is valid....
Delanii
Attachments
mod-list.json
(12.58 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
factorio-current.log
(96.43 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
crash with Omnimatter.png
crash with Omnimatter.png (19.43 KiB) Viewed 3428 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Delanii wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:09 pm
Hello kingarthur,
I am happy to see your getting your repairs. If you would be interested, I found an incompatibility.
It surfaces when you load Bob+Angel+MadClown+Py (all full) and Omnimatter together.
When I pull out Angels refining, outhers load succesfully; same happens, if I toggle off Py-mods. In attachment are also factorio-current and modlist.
From the little I know about Omnimatter, I suspect that the problem is that all the loaded ores dont get their "tiers" from Omnimatter.
If you would get to look into it, I would be also interested in any elaboration about the problem. Someday, I would love to start some modding myself :)
Delanii
the reason it stops with refining or py removed is that the patch gets deactivated. it looks from the error in the log some item ive called a replacement on seems to have hit a snag in angels refining. possibly an item that was already replaced before and doesnt exist at that point. ill have to add some debug log messages and see where it actually crashes at. ill let you know more when i figure it out

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

I've run into an issue with my modpack. I'll attach the mod list, my mod settings, and a screenshot of the error. I don't entirely know if it's something that can be fixed in this mod or if it's from another mod, but I figured this would be the best place to put it given the error. If the error is caused by another mod, let me know where I should post it.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 3384 times
mod-settings.txt
(13.8 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
mod-list.json
(5.66 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

donoya wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:27 am
I've run into an issue with my modpack. I'll attach the mod list, my mod settings, and a screenshot of the error. I don't entirely know if it's something that can be fixed in this mod or if it's from another mod, but I figured this would be the best place to put it given the error. If the error is caused by another mod, let me know where I should post it.
nope. heres good. its my doing and ive already fixed it for the next update

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:20 am
Hello kingarthur,
Delanii
the reason it stops with refining or py removed is that the patch gets deactivated. it looks from the error in the log some item ive called a replacement on seems to have hit a snag in angels refining. possibly an item that was already replaced before and doesnt exist at that point. ill have to add some debug log messages and see where it actually crashes at. ill let you know more when i figure it out
Thank you for telling me about the situation. I have to look through the docs and maybe try to start to learn from smaller or not so complex mods as is Omnimatter and other relatively big mods.
Thank you for looking into it, regards, Delanii :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:34 am
Hello kingarthur,
Delanii
Thank you for telling me about the situation. I have to look through the docs and maybe try to start to learn from smaller or not so complex mods as is Omnimatter and other relatively big mods.
Ya. Best way is to look at base mod or at another mod that does what your trying to do. Also Google helps for lua issues. I started to look into the problem but the pc at work doesnt like loading that many mods so itll have to wait a day or 2 when I can do it at home

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:40 am
Hello kingarthur,
Delanii
Ya. Best way is to look at base mod or at another mod that does what your trying to do. Also Google helps for lua issues. I started to look into the problem but the pc at work doesnt like loading that many mods so itll have to wait a day or 2 when I can do it at home
Thats a great idea, look at the base, never occured to me.
I actually would have a few ideas how to enhance/further increase usage of casting (direct casting and such) and also a few ideas from Xander (if the mod author wouldnt mind), so I definitely would be looking at those 2 (Xander and Angels smelting), as soon as after I would be able to understand base, at least to some extend.
Thanks for the tip!
I am very happy that you are willing to look into it, day or the are absolutely great; that wouldve mean that I can start play with those while traveling to my vacation!! :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What about AAI Indusstry support for now?
Earendel officially added sand glass, he wrote it compatile with bob's and angel mods but its not balanced with py mods - i think recipes for sand and glass must stand higher the recipes from AAI Industry
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

ChrisPikula
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ChrisPikula »

So I've run into a bit of a muddy situation.

I can't seem to make the Rare Earth Extractor, as it requires a express inserter. And that's locked behind chemical science. Which needs circuit 2, which needs diodes, which needs rare earth oxides...

I'm currently playing AngelBobs, AAI Industry, Madclowns extended angels, Expanded Rockets Payloads, full Pyanodons; including ores, and the Yukio set.

mutkanum
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mutkanum »

mod-list.json
My list of mods. (Save game too big)
(4.45 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Well… i'm needing Hule to made a Py-bot… but I can't find any rΓ©cipe, manual or automated, to make hule.

Edited: It's repaired. Thanks. :D

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:40 am
Hello kingarthur,
Delanii
Hello kingarthur,
I looked into before mentioned compatibility situation as much as I could from my resources and (kinda) found out, where the trouble is.
Its not in you(r) ( :D ) mod, I had to turn off More science – BobAngels Extension, Expanded Rocket Payloads touched by AngelBob (i ask Sandro about compatibilty with Omniore) and had to add placeholder graphic of picture of number "VI" to omnilib, since my settings creates so much resources that omnilib does not have enough graphics prepared.
Hows it looking with Xander? Is it still on board, somewhere in the back?
Regards, Delanii

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:20 am
Regards, Delanii
It's on my list. But got a number of other things I want done before I get to it.

There are a number of bugs I'm still working on for pycoaltbaa.
Doing some work for pyanodon for pyph
Want to get pyblock updated to v.17
Then If I've got my desktop working again I'll get to Xander. The my craptop cant handle doing anything quickly. Loading py alone takes 10 minutes

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:24 am
Regards, Delanii
It's on my list. But got a number of other things I want done before I get to it.

Then If I've got my desktop working again I'll get to Xander. The my craptop cant handle doing anything quickly. Loading py alone takes 10 minutes
Great!
Those are fantastic stuff youre working on, so I am happy youre in process and Xander IS somewhere out there.
I try to contact mod author about it, also start some small steps in making this work.
Is it ok, if I sometimes post here questions about how to code compatibility mods? I am considering creating specific compatibility mod for this one. Or at least, I would finish some work to make a head start for you :)
Regards, Delanii

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:48 am
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:24 am
Regards, Delanii

Great!
Those are fantastic stuff youre working on, so I am happy youre in process and Xander IS somewhere out there.
I try to contact mod author about it, also start some small steps in making this work.
Is it ok, if I sometimes post here questions about how to code compatibility mods? I am considering creating specific compatibility mod for this one. Or at least, I would finish some work to make a head start for you :)
Regards, Delanii
Sure I dont mind. Ask away. Any progress on making compatibility will help a lot.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ive posted a new update that should have fixed some bugs. having major issues with omni mods not loading again so im still getting those straightened out. let me know if any issues are still happening

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:47 am
ive posted a new update that should have fixed some bugs. having major issues with omni mods not loading again so im still getting those straightened out. let me know if any issues are still happening
Hello kingarthur,
last night I moved from 0.16 (which I have still as .zip instalation) to 0.17, latest, updated mods and now I can give feedback about ur progress. I can confirm, that full Py with Omnimatter works OK. However, if you add to the mix full Bobs, Angels and MadClowns (see modlist), alongside Omnite are generated Niobium, Molybdenium and Raw Borax. The first two are from Fusion, right? and Raw Borax is from Raw ores?
Well, if you find time to look into in, I am sending in attachment modlist, mod settings and factorio-current of that game.
Warning! - loading time on startup of this is very long. If you dont have time testing it by actually starting the game, let me know and I test it.
PS: Also made first small steps in 0.16 and Xander compatibility. When it gets on the menu, let me know and I send you what I got.
Regards, Delanii
EDIT: Ups, no settings files allowed here...
Attachments
mod-list.json
(11.81 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
factorio-current.log
(178.8 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:04 pm
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:47 am
Hello kingarthur,
last night I moved from 0.16 (which I have still as .zip instalation) to 0.17, latest, updated mods and now I can give feedback about ur progress. I can confirm, that full Py with Omnimatter works OK. However, if you add to the mix full Bobs, Angels and MadClowns (see modlist), alongside Omnite are generated Niobium, Molybdenium and Raw Borax. The first two are from Fusion, right? and Raw Borax is from Raw ores?
Well, if you find time to look into in, I am sending in attachment modlist, mod settings and factorio-current of that game.
Warning! - loading time on startup of this is very long. If you dont have time testing it by actually starting the game, let me know and I test it.
PS: Also made first small steps in 0.16 and Xander compatibility. When it gets on the menu, let me know and I send you what I got.
Regards, Delanii
EDIT: Ups, no settings files allowed here...
Ya I know there are a far few issues with omni and py + others at the moment. My craptop cant load up it up. So at the moment I havnt made much progress

Return to β€œMods”