Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal

Post by Veden »

Rampant Arsenal

[*] Name: Rampant Arsenal
[*] Factorio-Version: 0.16.36+
[*] Description: Factorio Mod - Adds a variety of turrets to wage war.
[*] License: CC 4.0 BY-NC
[*] Release: 2018-5-25
[*] Website: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Veden/RampantArsenal
[*] Github
[*] Category: Gameplay
[*] Author: Veden
[*] Credits: YuokiTani - Graphics
Last edited by Veden on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal

Post by Light »

A few thoughts after giving this a fair try. I've also played with the Additional Turrets mod in 0.15 so I may make some comparisons. This is also using Bob's enemies which these turrets are best suited against since vanilla stands no chance.

I feel the lightning turret needs a major buff given how its use drops off rather quickly due to its very short range, damage, and high power consumption. Lightning turrets are far weaker than six Mk1 laser turrets which do the job better with the near identical power requirements.

The advanced laser is basically the 'Doomsday Laser' given how potent it is at a rather modest power requirement, making chokepoints even against the strongest of Bob's biters impossible for them to cross. Could probably do with a higher power cost for the level of devastation it can dish out, especially with nuclear power now officially added. It's one weapon that shouldn't be spammed across the map and used more strategically unless the player creates enough power to accommodate them.

The other turrets I feel are fine thus far, acting like their Additional Turret counterparts which absolutely wreck shit if you research damage bonuses and better ammo for them. Shotgun turrets should be a fun one to place in the front lines as I love its very wide cone. Just a shame the friendly fire issue still persists as it did before, as I fear having turrets placed too close and just barely within their cone of fire will result in blowing themselves up, plus being unable to use walls does kind of suck. I don't recall if sore68 made any headway on that outside of his advanced laser which was the only one that shot across walls, but I think projectiles didn't work right if they did? Hopefully 0.16 added something that could be done to help with it.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

awesome feedback, no disagreements.

The cannon, rapid cannon, and advanced laser have the projectile creation distance set that you can put about 3 walls around them.

The collision boxes are the biggest obstacle to overcome, but if you want something that can pierce you need one.

thc133
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thc133 »

Thanks for the new mod! Does it have any connection to your Rampant mod?

I used to play Rampant and Natural Evolution mods with high difficulty settings (2.5 for Rampant, 5 for NE, 4x technology cost). The most challenging part is early game even before turret technology is researched. First wave usually contains 10-25 biters. I have to rush the turret technology or rely on Dart Turret provided by Bio Industries mod. It will be great if you'd like to add some early-stage armory. Thank you!

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

thc133 wrote:Thanks for the new mod! Does it have any connection to your Rampant mod?

I used to play Rampant and Natural Evolution mods with high difficulty settings (2.5 for Rampant, 5 for NE, 4x technology cost). The most challenging part is early game even before turret technology is researched. First wave usually contains 10-25 biters. I have to rush the turret technology or rely on Dart Turret provided by Bio Industries mod. It will be great if you'd like to add some early-stage armory. Thank you!
Yes, I can take a look at the early game.

At the moment, no connection with Rampant. But I am planning a oil like resource that the unit-spawners will drop instead of alien artifacts.

Also planning on adding some stuff that will work with the rampant mod that can manipulate the biters pathing such as decoys or some type of base structure that can slow the unit group spawn rate.

Will probably change the new rampant biters alittle bit over time to better fit with this mod.

If you or anyone else has thoughts about stuff, please let me know.

Bloodymight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bloodymight »

Hi I just installed this mod and noticed an "oil based generator" which to me seem like something just to burn excess oil... just what I needed

but I can turn that thing only in 2 directions which seems like a bug

and you can't turn it at all once placed

couldn't try out the other stuff yet since I just installed this mod

just wanted to report that

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Bloodymight wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:28 pm
Hi I just installed this mod and noticed an "oil based generator" which to me seem like something just to burn excess oil... just what I needed

but I can turn that thing only in 2 directions which seems like a bug

and you can't turn it at all once placed

couldn't try out the other stuff yet since I just installed this mod

just wanted to report that
Steam turbines don't allow you to rotate when the have been placed and the oil burner is based on that entity.

The 2 directions thing, should be fixed be allowing either end to accept or output fluid.

creodron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by creodron »

Just wanted to report that with the Nuclear Tank, I cannot exit the tank when the front faces between the 12 o'clock and 5 o'clock positions.
With the Advanced Tank, I cannot exit the tank when the front faces between the 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions.
The regular tank works fine. The problem persists when this mod is the only one enabled.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

creodron wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:42 am
Just wanted to report that with the Nuclear Tank, I cannot exit the tank when the front faces between the 12 o'clock and 5 o'clock positions.
With the Advanced Tank, I cannot exit the tank when the front faces between the 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions.
The regular tank works fine. The problem persists when this mod is the only one enabled.
Thanks for the report, this should be fixed in the latest

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal - 0.17.4

Post by Musil »

I've got this graphical bug:

Bit better than in the .16 version of Rampant, there the wall was also puke blue, now it's just the tanks.

No idea how to fix it, searching forum seems useless.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Musil wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:01 pm
I've got this graphical bug:

Bit better than in the .16 version of Rampant, there the wall was also puke blue, now it's just the tanks.

No idea how to fix it, searching forum seems useless.
Do you have color choices or how you would like to see them changed?

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Musil »

Assuming stealing borrowing some tank/car graphic from another mod is infeasible, partially coloring these sprites would help make them look better. Make them look like the basic ones, but with certain parts differently colored. Like in the Tech tree.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:11 pm
Assuming stealing borrowing some tank/car graphic from another mod is infeasible, partially coloring these sprites would help make them look better. Make them look like the basic ones, but with certain parts differently colored. Like in the Tech tree.
Let me know if the 0.17.5 looks better to you.

Thedrah
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal - 0.17.5

Post by Thedrah »

trying out your mod now but i wanted to add, there's a dead mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/supportive-weapons that had some cool turret/combat stuff in it that might help if you're looking to add more

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Musil »

Veden wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:12 pm
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:11 pm
Let me know if the 0.17.5 looks better to you.

I thought I replied here: anyway yeah: it looks good now. Both 2nd tier tank and car. Haven't built the third tier yet.

The advanced vehicles are amazing, and letting them use modules turns them into real juggernauts. You can boost advanced tank speed with exoskeletons to over 100 kph :)

Map I'm playing started as a vanilla deathworld with rampant AI only, played with one other guy. We gave it up when we failed to get oil properly. That is, we got some oil but then our outpost got wiped off the map and the other fellow felt it was futile.

Wasn't. Somehow the biter losses during the wiping & big area we cleared when we got a tank meant they started ignoring the factory, which let me research up and fix problems and slowly keep expanding. Thirty hours later, I've cleaned a huge area free, and nerve-gas artillery means they don't really stand a chance and there's nothing between me and those sweet 15M ore patches.

Now I regret not starting with the new Rampant enemies. Even Goliath biters are no match for rapid-fire cannon turrets.

(AI should recognize this and try to attack simultaneously on a broad front).

Also it seems the explosions don't attenuate with distance? I guess that's a game engine feature, but they really should.

HE shells seem a bit OP.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal - 0.17.12

Post by Illiander42 »

How does this interact with Bob's Warfare?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal - 0.17.12

Post by Veden »

You should see everything from both, you may end up with two types of recipes for the same item or very similar items.

This mod doesn't use any of the recipe changes that may come with bobs warfare.

The only integration is the power armors from bobs can use the advanced nuclear generator equipment which was by request.

Kaiku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal - 0.17.16

Post by Kaiku »

I'm unable to research Rocket Turrets 2 (for the Rapid Rocket Turret) even though all the prerequisites are researched and green. See screenshot. (The few techs above that didn't fit on the screen are also researched).

https://puu.sh/DE78j/e99b8ccf87.png

Edit: After further digging, Cannon Turrets 2 also isn't researchable. I think it might have something to do with the prerequisite "weapon-shooting-speed" techs which don't seem to be in the game. Maybe they ought to be some forms of rocket-speed and cannon-shell-speed instead?

That aside, these Rampant mods are fantastic! Many thanks. I am in particular very fond of carpet bombing the biters in my heli with HE rockets.
Do you know if the Rampant mods are compatible (and advised) for the Space Exploration mod?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal - 0.17.16

Post by Veden »

Kaiku wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:02 pm
I'm unable to research Rocket Turrets 2 (for the Rapid Rocket Turret) even though all the prerequisites are researched and green. See screenshot. (The few techs above that didn't fit on the screen are also researched).

https://puu.sh/DE78j/e99b8ccf87.png

Edit: After further digging, Cannon Turrets 2 also isn't researchable. I think it might have something to do with the prerequisite "weapon-shooting-speed" techs which don't seem to be in the game. Maybe they ought to be some forms of rocket-speed and cannon-shell-speed instead?

That aside, these Rampant mods are fantastic! Many thanks. I am in particular very fond of carpet bombing the biters in my heli with HE rockets.
Do you know if the Rampant mods are compatible (and advised) for the Space Exploration mod?
Thanks for the report. This should be fixed in 0.17.18

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.36+] Rampant Arsenal - 0.17.18

Post by Musil »

High-explosive landmines destroying each other; bug or feature ?

They also explode before the enemy reaches them, greatly diminishing their utility. (I can provide video of that)

EDIT: I took a look at the actual mod, tweaked the landmine detonation range. Now they're even better.
Trying to figure out if you can set a delay on them, but I've no luck finding a list of all the entity variables.

Return to β€œMods”