[Klonan] [0.17.15] Inventory Transfer tutorial not possible to complete and possibly all tutorials corrupt saves

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
catalyst518
Inserter
Inserter

[Klonan] [0.17.15] Inventory Transfer tutorial not possible to complete and possibly all tutorials corrupt saves

Post by catalyst518 »

I'm running vanilla (no mods), default map settings, 0.17.15 on Windows 10 via Steam.

I opened my tank to load some ammo, and was presented with the Inventory Transfer tutorial for the first time (surprised it popped up this late into the save since I'm already at blue science). I clicked start tutorial to test it out. The first thing I see is this dialog of migrated content: https://i.imgur.com/nbZjXMy.png That probably doesn't need to be publicly shown for the tutorials.

After closing that dialog, the tutorial loads, but there isn't any wood to transfer to complete the first objective. https://i.imgur.com/mYrjPWh.png

I quit the tutorial and returned to my game. I saved the game as a new save (0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug) to post here.

I closed Factorio.

I relaunched Factorio to test something else for this bug report, but the save file (0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug) now doesn't load with the following error: https://i.imgur.com/DHhZOl9.png

I loaded back into my working save (0.17vanilladefault.15) and tried another one of the tutorials I had completed already (one of the logistic bots). The migrate content dialog popped up again same as the Inventory Transfer. Then, during the tutorial, I get the following error: https://i.imgur.com/RjZuPea.png. This also corrupted that save file (0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug4).

Attached are several save files. Here's an index:

0.17vanilladefault.15 is a completely clean working save that is my current main save.

0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug was created after my first attempt at the inventory transfer tutorial and is corrupted.

0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug2 is a clean save right before attempting to reproduce the inventory transfer tutorial bug.

0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug3 is corrupted right after attempting the logistic bot tutorial from within the 0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug2 save.

0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug4 is corrupted after attempting the logistic bot tutorial from within the 0.17vanilladefault.15 save.
Attachments
0.17vanilladefault.15.zip
completely clean working save that is my current main save
(5.66 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug.zip
created after my first attempt at the inventory transfer tutorial and is corrupted
(5.82 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug2.zip
clean save right before attempting to reproduce the inventory transfer tutorial bug
(5.57 MiB) Downloaded 124 times
0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug3.zip
corrupted right after attempting the logistic bot tutorial from within the 0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug2 save
(5.62 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
0.17vanilladefault.15tutorialbug4.zip
corrupted after attempting the logistic bot tutorial from within the 0.17vanilladefault.15 save
(5.65 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
factorio-previous.log
(9.2 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
factorio-current.log
(14.2 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.15] Inventory Transfer tutorial not possible to complete and possibly all tutorials corrupt saves

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The tutorial problem of breaking saves is fixed for the next version of 0.17. In the meantime you can manually fix your save by replacing the control.lua file in the save with the one from \data\base\scenarios\freeplay\control.lua
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.15] Inventory Transfer tutorial not possible to complete and possibly all tutorials corrupt saves

Post by TruePikachu »

There's a semi-duplicate 68086 which states corruption after death. Is this situation also fixed for next release?
(Also, this thread is still in the bug report toplevel, not in the fixed-for-next subforum)

currst2620
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by currst2620 »

"\data\base\scenarios\freeplay\control.lua"
Where do I find this file? I'm on a Mac using Steam.

currst2620
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by currst2620 »

Found it. Replaced the file, back up and running.

catalyst518
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catalyst518 »

TruePikachu wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:59 pm
(Also, this thread is still in the bug report toplevel, not in the fixed-for-next subforum)
It's because the first half of the bug report is still not fixed. There's still a big list of migrated content when loading a tutorial and there's no wood to complete the first objective of the Inventory Transfer tutorial (just checked this behavior is still in 0.17.16). At the time of originally posting, I wasn't sure if all the issues with the tutorials were related.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Klonan] [0.17.15] Inventory Transfer tutorial not possible to complete and possibly all tutorials corrupt saves

Post by Klonan »

Well, i have no idea why it was giving combinators instead of wood,
But I made a fresh map and now it works, so I guess its some migration magic.

Srerp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Srerp »

currst2620 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:24 am
Found it. Replaced the file, back up and running.
I'm also playing factorio on a mac, and I don't know where to find it. Could you tell me where it is?

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”