Roboport Contents

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

chronix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Roboport Contents

Post by chronix »

TL;DR
Can we have another radio button when connecting to the roboport with a wire to get the roboport's contents (not the entire network)
What ?
Similar to how we can get the contents of a chest, I would like to get how many bots and repair kits are in this roboport.
Why ?
I want to use it to build a place with combinators to automatically add robots to the network if there are none available for that type. I can use the existing connection to get if the total number of available logistics or construction bots is less than 50, and start adding whichever type is needed. But I keep running into the roboport being full of the opposite type of bot, since they had the nerve to park there, so it won't automatically add more unless I can add a combinator to add up the bots in the specific roboport and remove enough of whichever is filling it to allow the other type to go in. Small change seems useful to me, but not sure who else would do this. The alternative for now is to have some requester/buffer chests with inserters and the same logic in a few places around the network, rather than have it all be at the bot factory. And it seems like a simpler idea than being able to send a signal to the roboport for the bots to vacate immediately if there is room elsewhere :)

Edit: It would also be super fantastic to be able to get lists of other items, specifically items being constructed that cannot be fulfilled (like shown in the icon by the copy/paste/etc bar), so you could request them from neighbor networks or trains etc.
Last edited by chronix on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Robotport Contents

Post by Tekillaa »

hi,i made the same post /suggestion just here

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

chronix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chronix »

I saw that one, which is a similar request (but very different from mine) and I imagine more complicated (for the developers).

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

In the begining, i had the same wish as you, just the info output, i made a post about dealing with population/repartition. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=67659

i needed that info output to have inserter putting back logistic bot into a box, so when 5 logistic bot come make a deposit somewhere , only 1 go back carrying his 4 friend home

But in addition to that, i got a lot of troubles with distribution of tools too. I hope you got a better experience than mine, so far now, for me logistic is a nightmare. I would be happy if your idea pass, but i truely hope that the total development of my idea will be done, because it will remains for me, again something missing if just your suggestion is done. (tool for player, and those bots travelling with tools again and again...). And i hope that the same feature as a already existing chest with some adaptation for a roboport is not that hard? depends on how is treated the roboport in the code i guess. Not my domain.

I got many playtime on the game (600+h), and this is the only big part missing in the game for me.
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

chronix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Roboport Contents

Post by chronix »

I also added in an edit, because I wasn't sure if there was a request elsewhere for it: It would also be super fantastic to be able to get lists of other items, specifically items being constructed that cannot be fulfilled (like shown in the icon by the copy/paste/etc bar), so you could request them from neighbor networks or trains etc.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”