Display save game date and time

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sonicelo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Display save game date and time

Post by Sonicelo »

TL;DR
When saving or loading games, it should display the date/time of existing saves.

What ?
Because I game on several devices, I noticed that Steam save sync is a bit glitchy and sometimes it does not fully sync all of the saves. It would make it easier to identify the correct saves, if I have seen the date and time of the save.
The diference between play time and save time is, that play time can tell us which is the longest played, but does not tell me, my saves did not fully sync and I am continuing a different save (with the same name).

I am sure there are many more use cases, like when testing a single game with several saves, etc.

Why ?
Its a small & easy feature that can make players life a bit easier and a certain person forever grateful. ;)

Blonktorio
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Display save game date and time

Post by Blonktorio »

+1

I agree this would be very useful.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

+1

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Would love to see this, too.

Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Illiou »

I would very much like to see that as well.

I actually thought the devs would likely include that in the new GUI since it's such a simple and useful thing and I never seen a game that does not show the date of the save. But that wasn't the case so I guess I'll just push this thread.

Right know I have to open the save folder and look at the file modification dates to know when I played that old save file which I'm opening again or to know which of two saves is more recent independent of play time, which is kind of ridiculous. :roll:

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”