Small Inserter Test

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Manti
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Small Inserter Test

Post by Manti »

So I got a bit curious about inserter efficiency, so I devised a simple test. One boiler, one steam engine, one coal and let's see how much can each inserter move before it runs out. I chose this method so I am able to include the burner inserter in the test. I really wanted the burner inserter to be good. (Spoilers - f*** burner inserters)

The inserters were moving stuff from a box into a box, so these numbers are for 100% workload.

Let's set the number for the normal inserter as 100%. Here we go:

Inserter - 100% (445 units)
Long Inserter - 101,3% (451)
Fast Inserter - 103,4% (460)
Smart Inserter - 74,2% (330)
Burner Inserter - *cough* - 10,6% (47)

So... The 3 most used inserters take more or less the same power under full load. Smart is naturally weaker.

Now, as on full load normal inserters take 7,45 kW of power (and not that bullshit number the tooltip has) and uses 399 W when not working, my math says... uh... that a burner inserter is more efficient than a normal one when it idles at least 94% of the time. Considering they are 25% slower than normal inserters... Well they are just shit almost anywhere. I SO wanted them to be at least somehow efficient...

Glyph
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Small Inserter Test

Post by Glyph »

Interesting! And of course, if you are using 100% solar, then burners are the only ones that require you to use resources.

I feel like burner inserters do need a buff though, they could have a place in some designs. Question: Can you use an inserter to insert fuel into a burner inserter?

Manti
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Manti »

Glyph wrote:Question: Can you use an inserter to insert fuel into a burner inserter?

Yes, you can. And then it becomes fully automated again, as burner inserters take fuel for themselves if they need it... I want to use them in some cases, such as when power is REALLY far away, but right now it's a waste.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”