Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
planetmaker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by planetmaker »

Damn you, damn you... With 0.17 I started a new game... and my sleep during the nights since have been incredibly short.

There always is just another next thing to do and it is absolutely capturing. Thank you for the already many hours of gameplay with this newest and greatest release - and the many hours which are to come :)

abadinvain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abadinvain »

Dear Wube people,

bought Factorio some times ago, but start to play it after 0.17 release. As one my friend said before "it is what I call Game with capital G". I am on my first (serious) playthrougt and I am astonished how deep and complex game is, and enjoying to discover more and more layers of its complexity (trains, logistic network...). Also I very appreciate level of commitment you show in your determination to improve and polish Factorio on daily basis. So big big thanx for it.

Knowing that androids dream of electric sheep, wonder what am I, dreaming of fully saturated transport belts each night.

bMac59
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bMac59 »

I bought the game in Nov of 2018. I'm addicted. I wish I had bought it a couple of months earlier as my wife and I visited Prague in Oct, 2018. I would have come to see you! I'm a general applications programmer in Minnesota, USA. I would have bought you all a drink at the U Pivrnce bar. (My son told me to go there for a beer. Czech Republic has the best beer in Europe!)

I've been a gamer since the 1970's (yes on an ASR-33 teletype 300 baud modem to a HP-2000c timeshare) - then Apple ][ then IBM PC, etc.

Thanks for a great game. Love the updates in v.17.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

I try to keep saying thank you in all my post for this awesome game, i really enjoy my playtime in the game even it's a "beta", you made a very good work, i hope you the best for the future!
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

Factorio devs created a monster. A horrible monster.

This creature prevents me from sleeping at night. And during days, it haunts me. It has the horrendous power of stealing time. It is stealing hours of my days. And when it's not here I can't help thinking of it. And even when it's here, I'm like "dammit... when will we be friday, to have the FFF ?". And when we're friday, I beg gods to accelerate time until the next friday.

The game is awesome. It's a gift of the gods.
No... you are Prometheus, you ventured in the dangerous realm of video game industry and you brought us back, mere humans, a forgotten game for it bids the soul of the player into an endless lust embalmbed in warm oil and sprinkled with metallic dust of freshly machined cogs.

Now please, for the next update, I beg you, please, extend the duration of the (real life) days by a couple hours.
Oh and I'd gladly buy in the merch section a mug to drink coffee during my sleepless night playing Factorio.

bMac59
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bMac59 »

Hyperbar00, I have the same problem. Except I don't drink coffee. But I did buy a t-shirt. (which just showed up today! It's awesome)

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

THANK YOU!

0.17 is the best factorio we ever had, and I can't even imagine what you guys are going to do for 0.18.
I have thousands of hours in this game and still can't get enough of it.
I bought factorio two years ago on GOG for some 15$ if I remember right, and I feel that's not enough
to honor the development the game has made. Is there a donation option, or do I have to buy the game a second time to show my empathy? :)

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Guenni7 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:00 am
to honor the development the game has made. Is there a donation option, or do I have to buy the game a second time to show my empathy? :)
I think it would be just as important to encourage all your friends to buy the game. If they like it, they will tell their friends, and they will tell their friends, etc. That way, you will accomplish more than buying the game a second time.

Of course, there would be nothing wrong with a donation option.

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

I'm glad there is a dedicated thread for me to gush in. I'm sure it would get messy if everyone just did it all over the forums. :D

Factorio is my favourite game of all time.
I had a strange experience when I first started playing it of having my mind repeatedly blown.
The core gameplay was fantastic but it kept throwing these other awesome systems at me. Vehicles - omg awesome! Crazy weapons like flamethrowers etc - awesome! Oh, and there's armor that you can customize, awesome! Then there's the rail system - I spent days just playing around on trains and experimenting with their schedules and loading/unloading systems.
The thing that really blew my socks off was the robots. I couldn't believe such awesome mechanics could all coexist inside one game, it was just too much awesome in one package.
And then there was the combinators - its like, oh yea, by the way, we also have a turing-complete programming language within the game. Just, by the by. lol

My time played currently stands at 2678 hours and therefore I feel I am about 26% of the way to mastering this game (as per the 10,000 hour rule). But I would not be surprised at all if I am still learning stuff at the 11,000th hour :D

But wait ! I'm not done with my list of superlatives.

Wube is the best developer in the world.
Every decision that has been made about the game, bar none, I completely agreed with and I love that you guys are so transparent about what is happening and about the discussions that take place internally and with the player base. Not only that, but sharing of the discussion process and rationale behind why certain decisions are made. I have never felt so valued as a game customer, nor as engaged in the outcome, as I do with Factorio. I read every FFF as soon as it comes out, and have started working my way through the back catalogue to read about the dramatic early days of the game when everything was touch and go. It makes me wish I could teleport myself back in time to help financially support the game at that difficult time.

The thing I like the most... is probably the way that we players are able to develop our own "technology" in the form of blueprints, circuits, train systems or whatever. When you get something complicated working for the first time, and it does a specific job very efficiently in exactly the way you'd hoped, it's as if you just unlocked something new on a hidden tech tree. Suddenly new possibilities are opened, and it was made so by your own design ingenuity. That is an incredibly satisfying feeling - that we are slowly bootstrapping ourselves through experimenting and designing to ever-more automated or efficient ways of playing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making and continuing to make the greatest game I've ever played. You guys are awesome!! :>

jjbers
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jjbers »

Thanks for making the game, it's quite fun.
Even though I've been playing for 14 hours I'm still learning how to play.

Draba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Draba »

Factorio was sitting in my library for ages, a few weeks back finally got into it and launched a satellite.

Main impressions were:
  • The UI is seriously awesome. Everything I wanted and then some was there, rarely even needed to google things
  • Played the entire thing by ear and the pace at which resource use/automation scales up was a pretty big surprise, it's great
  • Since then checked out some 1-10K SPM megabases, how hard you must push before frying your computer was a huge surprise again
Great game!

Kostriktor
Inserter
Inserter

Factorio i love you

Post by Kostriktor »

hi Factorio,
no need for much words; i love and i miss you.
looking forward to spend time togheter.
stay sharp

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into the "Thank you devs" topic, cause kinda related :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ForesterSOF
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ForesterSOF »

Daily fix

It seems after playing for less then 50 hrs every morning when I come home from work I have to play a bit to improve something somehow. Sometimes that fix tears down an area and I rebuild it.

Best $30 spent.

BEEFE
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BEEFE »

I want to say that Factorio's trains allow the best fast travel I've ever seen in a game. Unlocking the ability to fast travel to a location requires 1) visiting the location, 2) investing a modest amount of time and resources along the route, but it's not at all onerous. The act of traveling isn't instantaneous, so you're given a taste of all the terrain you're skipping over, but I never feel impatient during my commute because I'm going 200+ km/h.

The introduction of temporary stops has greatly reduced the annoyance of logistics in making sure your train is pointing the right way, too.

The way trains work is closely tied to how the game works as a whole so it can't be copied wholesale into like RPGs, but I absolutely recommend Factorio's trains as a model that other games should at least examine.

patrick12222010
Inserter
Inserter

Post by patrick12222010 »

Thanks a lot devs! Didn't expected much from this game initially but this really surprised me!

svenar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by svenar »

At first, I didn't know what to expect from this game, but after playing a few hours I totally love Factorio, currently 300+ hours and still counting. The only reason I gave Facorio a try is that it has a Linux release. :D

joni65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joni65 »

Very happy to find this topic because I was specifically logging in to praise the developers of factorio. It’s been a while since I’ve played because...reasons... but will be continuing soonish. I’ve been reading the ff and thought about how awesome it is to so easily get caught up with what has been happening.

You guys should (for real) run a seminar on how to be excellent developers. The weekly updates go far far far (more fars) into keeping down the frustration that game fans feel when they want a little bit of information on what is going on with their favorite game. While many fans get completely out of control with their anger at not hearing from developers, even those of us who practice civility become quite frustrated at not knowing what is going on. You eliminate that frustration by making updates an equally important part of your development process. It is so refreshing and very much appreciated. Thank you!!

I also want to say thanks for the slow, step-by-step process you use with a focus on cleaning up the bugs as you go along. Your pre release is far more stable than most developers final release. For them cleaning up bugs is basically an afterthought that may or may not ever be fixed. (Looking at you Bethesda)

There are many other things I could mention but I’m trying not to be tldr, so I’ll rap it up with a final...

Thank you for being great at developing!!

Orum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Orum »

Just wanted to thank you guys for two things in particular. First, for making the awesome game that is Factorio. It's very rare to see a game in development for 7 years, when most other developers would have just named one of your earlier releases as "1.0" and then called it a day. It's truly a testament to your commitment to create a quality product, and we, the gamers, thank you. And, as someone who has modded for other games (but not Factorio--yet), I'd also like to thank you for your efforts to support the modding community. I honestly can't think of even one other developer who is willing to debug modded installs with weird edge-case scenarios, and then adjust the base game to compensate. That's not to say the base game is lacking either, as almost all my games are entirely vanilla.

Second, I wanted to thank you guys for your communication with the community. You are the gold standard that other developers should aspire to reach, with over 300 FFF posts to prove it. It's nice to have the technical details of problems, solutions, or simply improvements shown to us, as it lets us appreciate the hard work you guys do. I look forward to reading them every week.

In short, you guys are awesome. :D

chuotbay1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Not allow a multiplayer game to pause

Post by chuotbay1 »

Hi all,
Seriously, thank you for having a Multiplayer Pause button.

Pretty much every game out there refuses (for what ever reasons) to not allow a multiplayer game to pause. As a father with small kids, not being able to pause a multiplayer game with friends is extremely annoying.
Thanks for read

Return to “General discussion”