[0.17.15(16)] Freeplay - Corrupted save

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Blazing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.15(16)] Freeplay - Corrupted save

Post by Blazing »

Save become unloadable after random chest tutorial popup 8h into game.

Error trying to load:

The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_load()
...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:395: attempt to index field 'story' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:395: in function <...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:394>

Rizzling
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.15(16)] Freeplay - Corrupted save

Post by Rizzling »

So this bug is a result of the tutorials causing lua errors. These posts go into more detail. 68046 also includes a fix for corrupt saves (2nd post) involving swapping control.lua files :
viewtopic.php?t=68046
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68106
They said this bug would be fixed in this version but I still get the tutorial error that corrupts save files. This is the error I get as soon as the first prompt for the Logistic system tutorial comes up:
The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_tick (ID 0)
Callable only on entities that have request slots.
stack traceback:
...ing/Factorio/temp/currently-playing-tutorial/control.lua:145: in function 'init'
...eam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/story.lua:66: in function 'story_update'
...ing/Factorio/temp/currently-playing-tutorial/control.lua:590: in function <...ing/Factorio/temp/currently-playing-tutorial/control.lua:583>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_request_slot'
...ing/Factorio/temp/currently-playing-tutorial/control.lua:145: in function 'init'
...eam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/story.lua:66: in function 'story_update'
...ing/Factorio/temp/currently-playing-tutorial/control.lua:590: in function <...ing/Factorio/temp/currently-playing-tutorial/control.lua:583>

Provided that I don't save the file after getting this error, I'm still able to open the save without issue. I'm on 17.16.

Blazing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.15(16)] Freeplay - Corrupted save

Post by Blazing »

Thank you that works like a charm! I did not think to look it up in resolved as i updated to 0.17.16 and the bug is still not fixed in 17.16 . Unless it applies only to saves created in the newest version. Cheers!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”