Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by IanRaven »

kenlon wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:15 pm
Angel, I think something went wrong with the zip file when you were updating Bio Processing. When I install the mod, it doesn't show up in the mod list in game, and I get this in the log:

0.192 Error ModManager.cpp:793: Mod package read error. Error when parsing zip file "E:\Games\Factorio\mods\angelsbioprocessing_0.6.0.zip" : bad conversion

Unzipping the package results in it working correctly.
Yep, it was a zip problem.
I just unziped it and it worked, then I ziped it again and it also worked.

ForlornWinter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ForlornWinter »

I'm experiencing an issue with Angel's Refining.

When I'm putting down a mining drill, green squares (not unlike the ones that used to be part of the train signal block debug view) are displayed over any ore types added by Angel's refining.

The issue does not affect any infinite ores, or any stock ores. The green squares do not appear when I do not have an electric mining drill in my hand. I have verified that all debug visualizations are off and I reset both my mod settings and my general settings to their defaults. I have also deleted angel's refining from the %appdata%/factorio/mods folder and redownloaded it. The issue was still present. I have attached some screenshots for your use.
Attachments
20190317191826_1.jpg
20190317191826_1.jpg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 5296 times
20190317191800_1.jpg
20190317191800_1.jpg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 5296 times
20190317191750_1.jpg
20190317191750_1.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 5296 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

kenlon wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:15 pm
Angel, I think something went wrong with the zip file when you were updating Bio Processing. When I install the mod, it doesn't show up in the mod list in game, and I get this in the log:

0.192 Error ModManager.cpp:793: Mod package read error. Error when parsing zip file "E:\Games\Factorio\mods\angelsbioprocessing_0.6.0.zip" : bad conversion

Unzipping the package results in it working correctly.
Yeah there was a file hiding im there that wasnt supposed to be there and that's what corrupted the zip some how. Thanks for the hint
ForlornWinter wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:33 am
I'm experiencing an issue with Angel's Refining.

When I'm putting down a mining drill, green squares (not unlike the ones that used to be part of the train signal block debug view) are displayed over any ore types added by Angel's refining.

The issue does not affect any infinite ores, or any stock ores. The green squares do not appear when I do not have an electric mining drill in my hand. I have verified that all debug visualizations are off and I reset both my mod settings and my general settings to their defaults. I have also deleted angel's refining from the %appdata%/factorio/mods folder and redownloaded it. The issue was still present. I have attached some screenshots for your use.

That's just the indicator for the places you can buildings the miner. Can makes that toggable

teckno99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by teckno99 »

i think i found another bug with bio processing i specifically didnt explore west on current game so as to allow the trees to populate it.
i have now travelled about 3300 due west using the cheat to see the map and so far no trees, but i did find gardens and the puffer nest thing.

edit just realized the gardens are all swamp. idk if that is anything but just in case

edit 2: sorry for the hassle but i just found a temperate tree at about 3800 west

Nukesnipe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nukesnipe »

5thHorseman wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 am
Nukesnipe wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:28 am
A few sentences is better than nothing.
And nothing written is better than nothing available at all.

Bob gives us a ridiculous amount of free content and doesn't even ask for thanks. Calling him lazy for not giving you more is a slap in the face.
And Factorio is the only game in my experience modding games where not documenting your mods is accepted. I've seen huge mods and modpacks for Minecraft, XCOM, Skyrim, STALKER, Doom, etc. that completely revamp the game experience in a way similar to what Bob's does. And what's the difference? There's documentation for them all that explains what they do and how to use them. Yes, it's free extra content, but that's no excuse. Long War is free extra content for XCOM, and that comes with documentation. Various modpacks for Minecraft like BTW and FTB are free extra content, and come with documentation. Need I go on? Bob is the outlier, the exception to the rule of modders documenting their mods, and honestly I find it baffling that people defend him as if his actions are the norm.

kenlon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kenlon »

Angel, the changelog for Bio Processing mentions that you rebalanced the Paper processing chains, but from a quick look in FNEI with the new version, I'm not seeing differences.

Could you outline what you changed? (Or, I suppose, I could just diff the files myself. . .)

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Nukesnipe wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 pm
5thHorseman wrote:
Nukesnipe wrote:

Bob gives us a ridiculous amount of free content and doesn't even ask for thanks. Calling him lazy for not giving you more is a slap in the face.
And Factorio is the only game in my experience modding games where not documenting your mods is accepted. I've seen huge mods and modpacks for Minecraft, XCOM, Skyrim, STALKER, Doom, etc. that completely revamp the game experience in a way similar to what Bob's does. And what's the difference? There's documentation for them all that explains what they do and how to use them. Yes, it's free extra content, but that's no excuse. Long War is free extra content for XCOM, and that comes with documentation. Various modpacks for Minecraft like BTW and FTB are free extra content, and come with documentation. Need I go on? Bob is the outlier, the exception to the rule of modders documenting their mods, and honestly I find it baffling that people defend him as if his actions are the norm.
I never said it was the norm. I said it was acceptable. I don't play any of the games you listed but those I do play, the norm is that modders mod for themselves, and out of the goodness of their hearts decide to provide these mods to us to also play with. Anything extra above that is exactly that - EXTRA. Including documentation.

If you don't like that there's no documentation, don't use the mod. It's okay to ask if there's documentation, and it's okay to ask him to make some. But it's not okay to then come back and tell someone who has worked for YEARS to give strangers free entertainment that they're lazy for not doing it.

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlueMarkers »

Not sure if this has already been noted, but it looks like there's an issue with the CAB if you don't have the CAB energy transfer port installed in the grid. If you activate a CAB deploy charge without the CAB energy transfer port installed you get the response:

"Cannot deploy the C.A.B. if there is no __equipment-name__angles-cab-energy-interface-vequip__ in the grid."

But beyond that, the CAB is frozen (cannot move) and you can't activate the undeploy charge because you get the error:

"The C.A.B. wasn't deployed"

At that point you're stuck in an unmovable brick until you can install a the energy transfer port, launch a deploy charge, and then launch an undeploy charge.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Nukesnipe wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 pm
5thHorseman wrote:
Nukesnipe wrote:

Something to consider is that some mods aren't done by just a single individual who does this in their spare time when they return home from work to their loving family. Collaborative effort is what allows mods to shine through, meaning some mods have descriptions written for them by a friend or fan who wants to contribute any way they can.

Bob may have his reasons for being unable to write descriptions, as he's always working on bugs or other things that are of more importance. He simply may not have time to get around to writing up a lengthy documentation that outlines everything you want to see, as he's sometimes working on implementing new ideas or concepts that may change the direction of how the mod operates.

Since it clearly bothers you, why don't you become the better man and simply offer to write up the documentation for him? I'm pretty sure he'd appreciate the help so he can focus on other things besides listening to complaints over being "lazy" by unappreciative people who think they know the developer's timetable better than they do. Many community members love to assist developers as a token of appreciation for their work, so they help the devs whenever possible. That's what makes modding communities so great is that collaborative effort between the developers and fans, so why not do your part in making it better?

It's something for you to consider.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

angelsrefining always gives a desync on join in multiplayer:

Code: Select all

0.080 Running in headless mode                                                                                                                                                  
0.086 Loading mod settings angelsrefining 0.10.4 (settings.lua)                                                                                                                 
0.089 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)                                                                                                                                         
0.150 Loading mod base 0.17.17 (data.lua)                                                                                                                                       
0.342 Loading mod angelsrefining 0.10.4 (data.lua)                                                                                                                              
0.443 Loading mod base 0.17.17 (data-updates.lua)                                                                                                                               
0.527 Loading mod angelsrefining 0.10.4 (data-updates.lua)                                                                                                                      
0.619 Loading mod angelsrefining 0.10.4 (data-final-fixes.lua)                                                                                                                  
0.705 Checksum for core: 2126933501                                                                                                                                             
0.705 Checksum of base: 1967292039                                                                                                                                              
0.705 Checksum of angelsrefining: 208119421                                                                                                                                  
angelsrefining is the only mod installed.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Seems to work in 0.17.16.

Chard
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chard »

In Angel's Refining, the higher levels or sorting rarely seem to be more efficient, several times they get worse.

Crushed Saphirite Sorting for example gives 1 ore, 1 chunk and 2 pebbles, netting 4 ore after processing the chunk with additional pebbles from the ore. That costs four crushed saphirite giving you 1:1. Chunk sorting is also 1:1, crystal sorting is also 1:1 and purified sorting is 9:10, slightly improved there.

Jivolite sorting gives you 4:5.5 for crushed, 6:7 for chunks (slightly worse), 8:9 for crystals (slight worse still), 9:12 for purified (slightly better than crushed). Is this a balance bug? Is the vanilla stuff still used? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

KingPin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KingPin »

mrvn wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:15 pm

I am getting a desync also, narrowed it down to angel refining or petro. not sure how to debug further yet. mine, however, started in 17.16, the first person after a server start can join, a 2nd connection from the same person or different gets a desync.

Culdacar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Culdacar »

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I've got a bug with Advanced Garden Cultivation.

For each garden type, it says the output should be 2 Exploration-Token Bio-Techs, 1 of whatever garden type you're cultivating, and then a 5% chance of a second garden of the same type.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like the Exploration-Token Bio-Techs are also on the same 5% output chance as the gardens, but you get 8 of them instead of 2 every cycle.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

That's a display bug :

results=
    {
      {type="item", name="token-bio", amount=8, probability=0.25},
      {type="item", name="temperate-garden", amount=1},
      {type="item", name="temperate-garden", amount=1, probability=0.05},
    },
8 x 0.25 = 2

P.S.: I recommend :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/multi-pro ... pe-details

P.P.S.: Maybe this should be added to the FAQs ?
(In the first post of this thread, in the bioprocessing topic, on the FAQ tab in the bioprocessing mod page...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Chard wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:58 pm
In Angel's Refining, the higher levels or sorting rarely seem to be more efficient, several times they get worse.

Crushed Saphirite Sorting for example gives 1 ore, 1 chunk and 2 pebbles, netting 4 ore after processing the chunk with additional pebbles from the ore. That costs four crushed saphirite giving you 1:1. Chunk sorting is also 1:1, crystal sorting is also 1:1 and purified sorting is 9:10, slightly improved there.

Jivolite sorting gives you 4:5.5 for crushed, 6:7 for chunks (slightly worse), 8:9 for crystals (slight worse still), 9:12 for purified (slightly better than crushed). Is this a balance bug? Is the vanilla stuff still used? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Not sure if anyone is using angelsrefining without the other mods. Seems indeed like total waste to go the higher tires. I think you are right, those ratios seem odd.

Note: As soon as you add some of the other angles/bob mods you get totally different recipes. The iron pebbles, and iron slag and such disappear and you only get ores from the sorting. The higher levels give more diverse ores you wouldn't get otherwise. So most people probably don't see what you are seeing.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:02 am
That's a display bug :

results=
    {
      {type="item", name="token-bio", amount=8, probability=0.25},
      {type="item", name="temperate-garden", amount=1},
      {type="item", name="temperate-garden", amount=1, probability=0.05},
    },
8 x 0.25 = 2

P.S.: I recommend :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/multi-pro ... pe-details

P.P.S.: Maybe this should be added to the FAQs ?
(In the first post of this thread, in the bioprocessing topic, on the FAQ tab in the bioprocessing mod page...)
Installed. This needs indeed be advertised more.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Something like this needs to be integrated in the base game. I hoped that in 0.17 it would be...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Proemteus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Proemteus »

Hey, I dont know if I have to report this problem in here

but when I finish downloading the Angels Refining mods, it just gets instantly deleted and it doesnt appears in the mod list
I tried several times and it doesnt work

Im installing from the mod downloader in the game itself

EDIT: apparently if you download it from the game it doesnt work, i downloaded it from factoriomods.com and replce it and it worked

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mrvn wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Mod mismatch or desync? For a desync there needs to be a save related value that is set differently for both the server and the client. Since there is nothing running script wise in refining this might be more of a base game bug that's apparent with the mod or the some value overflowing with the modded items. But thanks for the report I keep an eye out for that.

Return to “Angels Mods”