[0.17.14] You have to press Esc/E an equal number of times as BP books you open in your inventory before it can close.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.14] You have to press Esc/E an equal number of times as BP books you open in your inventory before it can close.

Post by MasterBuilder »

You have to press Esc/E an equal number of times as BP books you open in your inventory before it can close.

- Have two or more books in your inventory.
- Open inventory.
- Right click BP 1, then BP2. Repeat a few times.
- Press Esc/E.

Each time Esc/E is pressed, one book is closed.
If you've done this a bunch of times, e.g. splitting a book, you wind up with too many open books in the stack to effectively close.

I wind up pressing B twice to open & close the BP lib as a way to effectively close the inventory.

I don't mind having a stack like this but I have two problems with it:
- There's no indication to the user this is happening so it comes as a surprise when the inventory is 'closed'.
- There's no shortcut out. Like hold Esc/E to skip the stack, etc.
- There's no limit. If it was only 2-3 allowed at once pressing Esc/E a few times would not be a big deal. If the user can open 20+ this way it be comes cumbersome to close them.

I don't know if there is an actual limit to this, as I stopped testing at 20 which is already too many.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.14] You have to press Esc/E an equal number of times as BP books you open in your inventory before it can clos

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I've changed it so if you try to open the same item multiple times it "reduces" the opened "stack" of things to where it was when you opened the item originally. It's not perfect, but it mechanically works much nicer.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”