Version 0.17.14

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.14

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that research queue setting in the New Map GUI wouldn't remember its value. (67370)
  • Fixed a crash when hand replacing an assembler ghost with fluid mixing. (67732)
  • Fixed migration of fluid-using modded mining drill.
  • Fixed ten_minutes modifier bug in NPE.
  • Fixed broken resetting of scenario context.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

tatorj2006
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.14

Post by tatorj2006 »

:shock: Thanks Devs :)

Sauerkraut
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sauerkraut »

Go to bed, Wube!

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

Its just past 5pm now, most of the team is winding down for the weekend.
O RLY?

LYNXPRO0166
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LYNXPRO0166 »

For some reason i'm experiencing stutter.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

LYNXPRO0166 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:10 am
For some reason i'm experiencing stutter.
Please make a topic in bug reports with logfile, game save, and if you play modded, your mods list (or the whole mods folder zipped if it's not too big).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

I read something about new pollution mechanics in the past patch notes.

So I started a new game today. I can't understand if those nasty swarms of 15-30 biters that comes in the first 2 attacks are the new norm or just a balance issue. I mean... I can handle them (I'm on railworld, so...). But I'm somehow skeptical on the fact that a new player will find this amusing. :roll:

mkdr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mkdr »

I played a lot 0.16.51 and loved it. Looked onto the 0.17.x experimental yesterday and I totally dont like a lot of changes made, the UI looks clumpy and overloaded compared to 0.16.51, the new treadmills look really bad, with the new 3d animation on the horizontal, looks confusiong and it taking more space. Worst is though the inconsistency with treadmills and inserter, of the treadmill going on for a few pixel. Will there be an option if this goes live to have the old look?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

mkdr wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:47 pm
I totally dont like a lot of changes made, the UI looks clumpy and overloaded compared to 0.16.51, the new treadmills look really bad, with the new 3d animation on the horizontal, looks confusiong and it taking more space.
I would call it taste. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

I think most of it is well done. The one part I don't care for is the re-do of the train interface. With the wait conditions and the stations being combined into a single window it makes the list of stops harder to read and takes up way more space. I'd like to see a return to wait conditions being show in the second window when the stop is selected. I do like the ability to drag the stops, but that's the only new thing I really like.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

I agree setting up the wait conditions for a single stop for a train is quite nice but managing 200+ trains and 200+ stops is still a pain. It would be great to be able to minimize the wait conditions for a stop, to be able to minimize the conditions for all the stops with one click, to be able to search for a stop in the list of stops for this train, to be able to insert a stop at the current location in the list and not always at the end, to be able to tag and sort stops by tag, to group stops, and to minimize and expand the list of stops in a group... I do find it better than it was, but there is still room to make it even better :)
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

jim lee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jim lee »

Maybe, instead of a re-do of the train stuff... How about a "collapse" switch so that, once we set things up, all you see is a list of stations?

I'd think that would be a nice touch.

Then, of course, someday it would be nice to have a train "language" for coding the trains. Instead of just going from one statoin to the next, have logic like if (fuel<100) getFuel etc. etc.

-jim lee

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

mkdr wrote:
I played a lot 0.16.51 and loved it. Looked onto the 0.17.x experimental yesterday and I totally dont like a lot of changes made, the UI looks clumpy and overloaded compared to 0.16.51, the new treadmills look really bad, with the new 3d animation on the horizontal, looks confusiong and it taking more space. Worst is though the inconsistency with treadmills and inserter, of the treadmill going on for a few pixel. Will there be an option if this goes live to have the old look?
I like 0.17.x
The absolute best feature is the copy-pasta function,how could I have played without it?
The new toolbar is also excellent, especially for the 0.16 players that didn't had figured out to filter the whole toolbar.
The fps is now smooth and high when i Zooms out, even on my computer from the stone age.

The only negative i can come up with now is the clarity/visibility of the "alt" view, especially the sign of the power-pole over the assembler is hard to see that it's there at all.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Lubricus wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:51 am
The only negative i can come up with now is the clarity/visibility of the "alt" view, especially the sign of the power-pole over the assembler is hard to see that it's there at all.
Yeah power poles, iron sticks, and for some reason splitters look exactly to my eyes like basic, unset assemblers, at least at a glance.

But yeah all other changes are super positive in my mind. I've been really having fun in the playthrough I started when 0.17 dropped.

danielbrauer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danielbrauer »

mkdr wrote:
Worst is though the inconsistency with treadmills and inserter, of the treadmill going on for a few pixel. Will there be an option if this goes live to have the old look?
This sort of problem is best handled with mods. Adding options in the game means the developers have to deal with the resulting complexity forever.

tufduck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tufduck »

mkdr wrote:
I love the 0.17 GUI. For me, it's so much better than 0.16. Slick and beautiful, and much more user-friendly. Especially the new quickbar, it's a huge improvement over the old one I think, in terms of user-friendliness and functionality. And those extra buttons, copy/paste, undo, toggle Personal Roboport, etc.. are immensly useful. I remember myself wishing for copy/paste/undo functionality in 0.16, and now we have it. Oh I almost forgot, the new train GUI... That is one piece of impressive dialog right there!

And about the belt graphics. I absolutely love the new belts! Those look awsome, the new 3d animation is super.

But each to his own taste I guess.. But please look into 0.17 a bit more, you may come to like it. ;)

planetmaker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by planetmaker »

tufduck wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 am
mkdr wrote:
I love the 0.17 GUI. For me, it's so much better than 0.16. Slick and beautiful, and much more user-friendly. Especially the new quickbar, it's a huge improvement over the old one I think, in terms of user-friendliness and functionality. And those extra buttons, copy/paste, undo, toggle Personal Roboport, etc.. are immensly useful. I remember myself wishing for copy/paste/undo functionality in 0.16, and now we have it. Oh I almost forgot, the new train GUI... That is one piece of impressive dialog right there!

And about the belt graphics. I absolutely love the new belts! Those look awsome, the new 3d animation is super.
I totally agree. Especially the UI definitely improved and makes things clearer and easier accessible - most noticable with the quickbars, rail/train menus and map generation settings.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ssilk wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:37 pm
mkdr wrote:
I totally dont like a lot of changes made, the UI looks clumpy and overloaded compared to 0.16.51, the new treadmills look really bad, with the new 3d animation on the horizontal, looks confusiong and it taking more space.
I would call it taste. :)
Holy crap, Ssilk is back!
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

jim lee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jim lee »

Wow! I found the tool bar confusing. What is this Alt view thing? And the personal robot? I click them and don't notice any change. When I do a "copy" I get a blueprint, this is good and expected.. But then I can't get rid of it! It's like playing with ink, it gets all over. Pretty soon there's blueprint copies everywhere! The hand icon thing is nice, but in this new version you have a black hand over a really dark background. A little more contrast would be nice.

The "red" blueprint. Why can't we just select something with a rectangle and click "delete"? What is the purpose of a red-blueprint?

-jim lee

studix2002
Inserter
Inserter

Post by studix2002 »

jim lee wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:49 pm
Wow! I found the tool bar confusing. What is this Alt view thing? And the personal robot? I click them and don't notice any change. When I do a "copy" I get a blueprint, this is good and expected.. But then I can't get rid of it! It's like playing with ink, it gets all over. Pretty soon there's blueprint copies everywhere! The hand icon thing is nice, but in this new version you have a black hand over a really dark background. A little more contrast would be nice.

The "red" blueprint. Why can't we just select something with a rectangle and click "delete"? What is the purpose of a red-blueprint?

-jim lee
It’s a de-construction planner, not a blueprint...it’s for telling your bots what to de-construct

Return to “Releases”