Upgrade planner modules

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Upgrade planner modules

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

Just to make sure I'm not missing it -
Is there a way to make the upgrade planner put modules on an assembler that currently has none and remove all modules from an assembler that has them?

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Upgrade planner modules

Post by Mr. Tact »

Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

Mr. Tact wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:33 pm
Yes, use this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ModuleInserter
That mod not integrate into the upgrade planner, making the answer - no.
The mod also does not actually work, making the answer - no.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

ColonelSandersLite wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 am
Mr. Tact wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:33 pm
Yes, use this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ModuleInserter
That mod not integrate into the upgrade planner, making the answer - no.
The mod also does not actually work, making the answer - no.
Works fine for me. *shrug*
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi, we were talking about that on a discord, this is a "quality of life" mod, there no game changing at all, and to my point of view, (like for quality of life add on WoW), they got to be in the game.

i got the same pb for experiencing different module on mining, i got no other choice to destroy every mining drills then replace them, its non sense, a way to change module via upgrade planner for all type of build who can carry module(factory, mning drill, centrifuge, beacon..) got to be in the game, because bot got to be able to help us when we do that, without just destroying every building to replace with a BP who got the good module setup. or able to use the upgrade module planner without bot if we click on the building when we are near from it.

That's just my point of view and i m hoping that all little things for having a good factorio experience will be directly implemented
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheBloke »

I've started using the mod Module Requestor which is working OK, both for adding modules to existing machines and for removing them. It adds new planners (locked behind easy research) in which you can specify the module type you want, or leave blank for 'none', then drag over existing buildings to set the appropriate construction requests.

But yes I certainly agree it would be excellent to have this in-game, and it's definitely something requested rather a lot.

I guess it could be worked into the Upgrade Planner somehow, although currently that's limited to replacing like-for-like. So it would need to have the ability to specify options for "Add to existing" and "Remove", and they'd really only apply to modules.

Perhaps the best way would be to:
a) Extend the deconstruction planner so it can target modules, allowing removing modules from existing buildings;
b) Extend blueprints such that there's a way to overwrite module configurations. That would be the most natural way in my view: just like we can change combinator and other circuit network settings, logistic chest filters, change recipes etc by plopping a BP down over existing structures, also allow us to specify that if a machine in a BP has different modules to the already built entities, then new construction orders should be placed to effect that change. This could even extend to removing modules, making a) unnecessary.

But for the time being it's either install a mod or do manual work deconstructing the existing buildings and then replacing with a BP with the correct module configuration.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

TheBloke wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:40 pm

b) Extend blueprints such that there's a way to overwrite module configurations. That would be the most natural way in my view: just like we can change combinator and other circuit network settings, logistic chest filters, change recipes etc by plopping a BP down over existing structures, also allow us to specify that if a machine in a BP has different modules to the already built entities, then new construction orders should be placed to effect that change. This could even extend to removing modules, making a) unnecessary.
I love that idea
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Opsse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Opsse »

I created a suggestion post here: /viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68089

Return to “Gameplay Help”