No sound?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

No sound?

Post by 5thHorseman »

I've got a fairly weird setup, a laptop with a "plugable" (that's the brand name) usb3 hub that I plug my headset into, along with a few other things like my keyboard and mouse, and a monitor (that I don't game on I'm not an animal).

Anyway, when Windows sound is set to the "plugable" audio, I get no sound from Factorio but do get sounds from Windows (including other games). When I set Windows sound to my sound card, I get sound from the laptop speakers or the jack in the side (if I plug the headphones into it).

I tried with and without mods, and even went back to 0.16 because I wasn't sure if it was a new thing or not (it's not). I'm not sure what else to do about it.

I don't see anything about sound (except that it's starting a thread for sounds) in the log but figure hey, maybe it'll help someone more than me.

I considered posting a bug about it, but maybe it's just something I need to configure. However, I don't actually see any configuration settings for sounds other than the basic volume sliders.
factorio-current.log
0.17.14, with mods.
(8.12 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
factorio-previous.log
0.16.51, without mods.
(4.58 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: No sound?

Post by orzelek »

Is your pluggable device set to default audio device in windows?

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: No sound?

Post by 5thHorseman »

orzelek wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:12 am
Is your pluggable device set to default audio device in windows?
Yup. And when I set something else to the default everything (including Factorio) produces sound through that thing.

Return to “Technical Help”