[kovarex] [0.17.12] New setup blueprints are destroyed on with Q

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.12] New setup blueprints are destroyed on with Q

Post by pleauser »

I ran into this annoying change recently as I progressed to robots.. it adds unnecessary extra clicks to what used to be very simple. gee, add a lot more clicks/key presses to make blueprints you want to keep just to avoid accidentally keeping temporary blueprints. sigh.

I thought perhaps naming the blueprint would tell the game that I wanted to keep it but no, silly human you must do what I want not what makes sense. so yeah, once again, to fix a niche case you have punished everyone else.. very unlike your usual work.

yes i'm grumpy. its taking 3 times longer to do stuff because the game keeps deleting blueprints in a way it didn't used to and its not documented anywhere I could find.

does anyone run around with their inventory open while they are working on refining a build section?? sigh.

setting a name clearly indicates its not intended to be temporary, come on folks!!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Fresh blueprints once named and confirmed are deleted

Post by kovarex »

Hello. Yes, you don't need grumpy, as it actually is a bug.

We added a logic, that canceling a selection of new blueprints removes it (instead of putting empty blueprint into your inventory) which caused this bug as well.

The bug is: Creating a new blueprint and pressing Q after it was setup removes it instead of putting it into inventory.

Dismissing fresh empty blueprint or any of the tools still destroys it as before.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.12] New setup blueprints are destroyed on with Q

Post by MasterBuilder »

kovarex wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 pm
The bug is: Creating a new blueprint and pressing Q after it was setup removes it instead of putting it into inventory.
I rather liked their ephemeral nature. It was like having a quick filtered copy & paste. If pressing 'Q' keeps them in my inventory, I now have to go back to deleting them again.
Or perhaps the behavior of 'Q' in this context can be set to keep the BP automatically only if a name is set?

I realize this is just different workflows for different people, so maybe this can be made into an option instead?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Copy and paste is an extra function.
You don't need blueprints for that any more.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:38 pm
kovarex wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 pm
I rather liked their ephemeral nature. It was like having a quick filtered copy & paste. If pressing 'Q' keeps them in my inventory, I now have to go back to deleting them again.
Or perhaps the behavior of 'Q' in this context can be set to keep the BP automatically only if a name is set?

I realize this is just different workflows for different people, so maybe this can be made into an option instead?
What do you mean by filtered copy & paste? If you mean configuration of the what you accept into the blueprint by clicking the entity icons for example, you also do it with copy tool.

If you do alternative select (shift + click is the default), with the copy tool, it doesn't skip the blueprint configuration state and lets you configure the result of the clipboard blueprint.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

kovarex wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:45 pm
What do you mean by filtered copy & paste? If you mean configuration of the what you accept into the blueprint by clicking the entity icons for example, you also do it with copy tool.

If you do alternative select (shift + click is the default), with the copy tool, it doesn't skip the blueprint configuration state and lets you configure the result of the clipboard blueprint.
That is exactly what I meant. I did not know I could do that. (Edit: I'm referring to shift + click with the copy tool.)
I'd been using a new BP and discarding it with 'Q' afterwards to replicate that same behavior.

Thanks. That just made this a lot easier.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm
kovarex wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:45 pm

That is exactly what I meant. I did not know I could do that. (Edit: I'm referring to shift + click with the copy tool.)
I'd been using a new BP and discarding it with 'Q' afterwards to replicate that same behavior.

Thanks. That just made this a lot easier.
We should probably put the information somewhere, maybe on the Copy button in the shortcut bar.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i got used to pressing q to get rid of the blueprint in my hand, whatever it was, if i wanted to keep it, i'd open my inventory and click an empty spot, now it's saved and i can keep it for use again

if i make a temporary blueprint and don't put it in my inventory or blueprint book, it going poof is perfectly acceptable.

for most cases i am copying small things, making changes and then stamping it down, and q and poof.

i would be perfectly fine if putting a name on it automatically saves it to your inventory however, as that step takes extra time it probably means i want to keep it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”