Ability to limit the number of simultaneous inbound trains to a train stop

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Eketek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Ability to limit the number of simultaneous inbound trains to a train stop

Post by Eketek »

TL;DR
Add an optional parameter to train stops to limit the number of simultaneous inbound trains.
What ?
The train stop GUI should provide an optional field for specifying the maximum number of *inbound trains. When the limit is reached, any other trains that would otherwise be routed to that stop should either wait for an opening or go to another valid stop with the same name. Also, to prevent this from causing deadlocks and asinine delays, trains would also have to occasionally swap reservations with each other.

It might also be worthwhile to make it circuit-controllable (output the number of inbound trains as a signal and input the limit from a signal).

(*) A train would be "inbound" to the train stop either when it paths toward the stop or if it is stopped at the train stop, and the train would cease to be "inbound" when it departs the stop, when it gets re-routed to another stop with the same name, when it gets de-automated while en-route, or when it gets de-constructed or destroyed.
Why ?
This would be a relatively accessible way to make the trains behave when there are multiple stops for them to choose from multiple outposts. It would also be more useful for a few things which station disabling is used for.

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ability to limit the number of simultaneous inbound trains to a train stop

Post by Darinth »

Suggested many time, and many times I have supported this idea and still do. End the herd of trains all heading to the same location only to turn around and head back when the first one reaches it's destination.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

This is something I too would love to see implemented! It would open up new possibilities which is always a big plus!

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

There is a train limit now.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”