PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Topics and discussion about specific mods
YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by YunoAloe »

Thanks. But by addons, I meant that would adding stuff like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/extendedangels , AAI & Yuoki break the game (in any senses)? Yuoki is said to be compatible with Angels, but is not listed as supported by you. Would also they be rather recommended to have, or not, in opinion of anyone reading this? I'm looking for top complexity, but bugs are critically important, and balance is important too (e.g. 2 times compressed solar panels are bearable, 5+ times are not; or that https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Warehousing makes sense because they take a lot of space).

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

YunoAloe wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:43 pm
Thanks. But by addons, I meant that would adding stuff like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/extendedangels , AAI & Yuoki break the game (in any senses)? Yuoki is said to be compatible with Angels, but is not listed as supported by you. Would also they be rather recommended to have, or not, in opinion of anyone reading this? I'm looking for top complexity, but bugs are critically important, and balance is important too (e.g. 2 times compressed solar panels are bearable, 5+ times are not; or that https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Warehousing makes sense because they take a lot of space).
Things like extend angels should be fine as it only adds to the angel things and wouldn't really have any bad effect on pymods.

Do you mean aai or aai industries. Aai is personal taste as the machines wouldn't really effect anything. Aai industries would slow down the game start and makes getting science going just a bit harder.

Anything like yuoki doesnt mean it isnt compatible just that I hadn't done anything. Nobody's said anything about it. And I havnt played with it. From what I know of it yuoki like omni mods can make things more interesting and remove some of the more annoying parts related to getting ores.

Warehousing is unneeded if you use py industry.

Balance is a bit all over the place depending on what is added during to py just being so hard compared to a lot of mods like Angel's.

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

just a suggestion is like a crude nursey from the start to produce wood, it seems to be the only thing slowing me down atm

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Szentigrade wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 am
just a suggestion is like a crude nursey from the start to produce wood, it seems to be the only thing slowing me down atm
I'll look into adding one. Pc in peices atm so itll be a few days

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:43 pm
You can play and start the game with Yuoki, AAI, SpaceX and Expanded rocket Payloads. You even can start with Thaumathurgic machinasions.
What I found cant be combined with ABPy are "big mods" not listed here: NPUtils, DP77, and sadly Xander.
But in terms of balance, its crazy amount of work to balance out even ABPy. Imagine adding Xander to it :D

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Delanii wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:39 am
What I found cant be combined with ABPy are "big mods" not listed here: NPUtils, DP77, and sadly Xander.

Imagine adding Xander to it :D
Why cant they be combined? Is it game crash kinda issue

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am

Yes, the game doesnt even start.
If You are interested in looking into it (frankly, Xander would be my biggest interest among those. Even not fully finished, it has some great ideas - casting Iron wheels, making "basic mechanic parts" from iron wheels and those "basic mechanic parts" being used instead of plain iron wheels. Also, recently the author returned to developing the mod) I put here the error messages while starting game with those mods enabled.
The error messages were, I think, mostly, incompatible combinations of items.
I reply here as soon as I get to it (it will be most probably after about 30 hours or so, I am not having acces to my gaming machine now ;) :D ).
Regards, Delanii

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am

If You are interested in looking into it (frankly, Xander would be my biggest interest among those. Even not fully finished, it has some great ideas - casting Iron wheels, making "basic mechanic parts" from iron wheels and those "basic mechanic parts" being used instead of plain iron wheels. Also, recently the author returned to developing the mod) I put here the error messages while starting game with those mods enabled.
I reply here as soon as I get to it (it will be most probably after about 30 hours or so, I am not having acces to my gaming machine now ;) :D ).
Regards, Delanii
Ya i look into them over the weekend. At least be able to knock not starting issue if its fixable

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:30 am
i just noticed there is no botanical nursery MK01 at all, need that unlocked from the start

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am
i just noticed there is no botanical nursery MK01 at all, need that unlocked from the start
Well that's not right. Send me your save so I can see who broke things and I'll get it fixed asap as I'm working on stuff right now

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am
Well that's not right. Send me your save so I can see who broke things and I'll get it fixed asap as I'm working on stuff right now
attached save, kinda stuck right now because of no wood
Attachments
Bobangelomnipy.zip
(7.73 MiB) Downloaded 102 times

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Good morning kingarthur,

Slight puzzlement here; factorio experimental 17.12, full bobs + angels + pyanadon and I appear to have two different kinds of coke, neither compatible with the other. I'd be happy to do some diagnosis to try and track down the offending mod or logic error, but not entirely sure where to start! Any thoughts?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Rue99 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am
Good morning kingarthur,

Slight puzzlement here; factorio experimental 17.12, full bobs + angels + pyanadon and I appear to have two different kinds of coke, neither compatible with the other. I'd be happy to do some diagnosis to try and track down the offending mod or logic error, but not entirely sure where to start! Any thoughts?
Check settings. Make sure uberhual is disabled in pycoaltbaa. If that doesnt fix it Then check the mod names that show up in the tool tip for each coke item.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:39 am
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am
attached save, kinda stuck right now because of no wood
ok so far ive managed to narrow it down to something in omnimods is disabling the botanical nursery mk01 and several of the log recipes from the early game that should be in coal processing 1 tech. ill keep working on it and i should have it fixed sometime in the next 24hrs

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:04 am
Rue99 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am
Good morning kingarthur,

Check settings. Make sure uberhual is disabled in pycoaltbaa. If that doesnt fix it Then check the mod names that show up in the tool tip for each coke item.
All sorted, though some infelicities remain - not a complaint, I genuinely marvel at your prowess in knitting all these disparate mods together, it's a surprise they work at all, never mind as well as they do! There's more than enough functionality for me to progress my embryonic megabase, so many thanks.

Irsmert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Irsmert »

I just started my first Xanders playthrough, and I have to second this request. That said I understand the value in getting ABPy right, and keeping it up-to-date proir to starting another major addition to the mix. Seems like Xander would take a lot of work to fully integrate in a way that makes sense from my initial perspective although maybe it's all early game additions and would make a nice choice between adding AAI or Xanders.

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 am
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am

Regards, Delanii
Ya i look into them over the weekend. At least be able to knock not starting issue if its fixable
Hello kingarthur,
as we wrote earlier, I checked on compatibility of some other big mods with ABPy. I have to admit that NPUtils and Dp77 CAN be played with ABPy. I did not check for balance and such, but the game can be started :D
With Xander the game crashes while starting with message on picture in attachements. Also adding modlist and factorio-current to find out wheres the trouble :)
I think I read somewhere on forum (although I am having trouble to find it again) that there might be no recipe for "rocket fuel" in Xander. Is it fixable in that case?
Sadly, this mod is still not entirely finished, so in some places (techs), are temporary placeholders. But still introduces a lot of big changes to even basic steps of manufacturing. It would be great for someone, whos experienced with the mod, to also comment on this...
Thanks a lot for looking into it, please take it as a suggestion (maybe even challenge?), not pressing request :)
Also needed to say that I am playing still on 0.16, until there will be stable version of 0.17 and most of the mods will be updated...
Regards, Delanii
Attachments
mod-list.json
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
factorio-current.log
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
Error message.png
Error message.png (32.22 KiB) Viewed 4589 times

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Thanks, people, for your advises. I'm going to start playing my 300+ hours ABPy + AAI + Yuoki + misc map now. Funny how this mod takes so much longer to load any any other ones.
I've got these 4 "unknown keys" in the menu. Is this normal? What do the last two of them (checked on the screenshot) do?
unknown-keys.png
unknown-keys.png (30.04 KiB) Viewed 4717 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:21 am
Thanks, people, for your advises. I'm going to start playing my 300+ hours ABPy + AAI + Yuoki + misc map now. Funny how this mod takes so much longer to load any any other ones.
I've got these 4 "unknown keys" in the menu. Is this normal? What do the last two of them (checked on the screenshot) do?
unknown-keys.png
ya they are missing localization. i thought i had corrected them but apparently not. it takes longer than a lot of other mods due to the amount of scripts that need to run during the loading phase to overwrite and replace duplicate items. most mods just add their data to the game. i then have to go back over that data and replace things as needed to make it work and that means repeatedly searching thru the entire recipe tree for items.

now on to your actual question. the py-prod-adjust setting when checked activates the pymods recipe output adjuster setting. that setting allows the user to set a valve to multiply all pymods recipe outputs by 100%. so at the default of 1 everything is normal. 2 every recipe output is doubled. ie 100% x 2 = 200%. it tops out at a maximum of 50 or 5000%. it was made to reduce the need number of machines to reach a desired amount of output as some mods like spacex need so much stuff it was un-doable

the addpyoretoangelsorting setting is used to toggle if py ores are part of angel refining sorting or not. it was made back when it was just pycoal added to angels mods. by default if playing with ba+pyro ores are added and a py+a game without bobs is being worked on as it needs major adjustments.

right now a lot of things are if flux due to .17 and im awaiting the rest of angels updates to bio processing and industry

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

kingarthur,
How do I make coke? It is required for automation science packs (red flasks), but FNEI shows the only recipe that is not locked with any technology is using destructive distillation column. Which I cannot craft because it requires copper pipes, which are locked behind fluid handling. There are two cokes, the one required is Angel's Petro Chemical Processing, the other one which cannot be crafted is Py's. I tried changing "Hide Converter Recipes", "Enables the converter valve and recipes" in Angel's, also those last two options in your mod, but none had effect on this. I see other people also having this issue?

UPD: found this https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pycoalpro ... 000d8fa958
What's that option they're talking about, I can't find it.

UPD2: Ok, I was able to proceed with the distillation column + gas vent + tailings pond, after I disabled AAI Industries. Probably need to add copper pipes in addition to regular pipes to the crashing sequence.

Return to β€œMods”