Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Nukesnipe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Nukesnipe »

Any resolution on the smelting failing to load issue?

piss4brainz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by piss4brainz »

It seems there's an issue with the new version of Angels Infinite Ores. miners that have normal and infinite ore within its reach, it try to mine the infinite ore over the normal ore even with no fluid input, making parts of ore patch useless. I am playing with Bobs and RSO if that helps.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

piss4brainz wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:52 am
It seems there's an issue with the new version of Angels Infinite Ores. miners that have normal and infinite ore within its reach, it try to mine the infinite ore over the normal ore even with no fluid input, making parts of ore patch useless. I am playing with Bobs and RSO if that helps.
pretty sure that always been like that. hell pretty sure base game with uranium and any other ore will also do the same thing as it mines one ore tile at a time and will stop on any tile that needs fluid inputs til it gets it

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

Is it possible to make T1 miners fluidless and T2 miners the only ones that add fluid. This way you could use only T1 miners to make sure they wont block on fluid?

Arathok
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arathok »

kingarthur wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:55 am
piss4brainz wrote:
pretty sure that always been like that. hell pretty sure base game with uranium and any other ore will also do the same thing as it mines one ore tile at a time and will stop on any tile that needs fluid inputs til it gets it
Can confirm, this is an "issue" since always (I.e. Since I was playing angels in 0.16).
I mean the patch is infinite after all, so why care about Mining the normal ore first?
(apart from factorio ocd which is totally valid!)

lilon55
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lilon55 »

I was having the same bug mentioned before with the smelting failing to load, and mine got fixed when I added Bob's electronics. I had most of the other Bob's mods before. That didn't use to be a requirement in 0.16, is there any hope that that's gonna be fixed, or is this just a requirement now?

Solarwuff
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Solarwuff »

I have no idea where to post it
this did look to me like the right place

I know 0.17 did bring a lot of changes to the game

is there a time estimated for a update to Angel's Industries

my main base is kinda dead with out this mod

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Hello,
Any chance Ore Silos mod would be updated? I see that Warehouses were updated long time ago, but still to silos. I have few designs dependent hardly on their size, so can't advance my gameplay on my old save.
I post it here just by chance I miss something and silos were moved to another mod? I've checked Warehouses as most obvious one, but it contains only warehouses themselves.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Angel's Refining 10.3 - Infinite Bobmonium mining needs nitric acid. This is different (I think) from 0.16 when it was sulfuric acid. I'm running a hojillion mods (.e.g. Pyanadon's suite), so it may be some funky interaction, but I suppose my question is really: WAD? Or issue?

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Rue99 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:13 pm
Angel's Refining 10.3 - Infinite Bobmonium mining needs nitric acid. This is different (I think) from 0.16 when it was sulfuric acid. I'm running a hojillion mods (.e.g. Pyanadon's suite), so it may be some funky interaction, but I suppose my question is really: WAD? Or issue?
in Infinite Ores mod settings, check if "Use new petrochem acids" box is checked (something like this, cant check)
with that setting, you can choose between "Sulfuric only" or "use "different 4 chemicals"

this also applies to crushed->chunks process (you get sulfuric, nitric, flouric, chloric waste water)
and chunks refining into crystals, which will use the same acids as mining infite ores, depending on that setting

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

I use the various acids already - it's just that whereas Bobmonium used to be Sulfuric, it's now Nitric. The others all seem to be identical (e.g. Rubyte still uses Nitric, Crotinnium is still Hydrochloric and so forth).

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Arathok wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:55 am
piss4brainz wrote:
Can confirm, this is an "issue" since always (I.e. Since I was playing angels in 0.16).
I mean the patch is infinite after all, so why care about Mining the normal ore first?
(apart from factorio ocd which is totally valid!)
Because you might still want the non-infinite ore, but you don't have the necessary acid available yet. The solution is burner drills (where you cannot possibly use electric ones at the corners of the patch.)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Nukesnipe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nukesnipe »

lilon55 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 pm
I was having the same bug mentioned before with the smelting failing to load, and mine got fixed when I added Bob's electronics. I had most of the other Bob's mods before. That didn't use to be a requirement in 0.16, is there any hope that that's gonna be fixed, or is this just a requirement now?
That fixed it, thanks! If it's a requirement at this point it should be listed as such. I guess the assumption is that you're going to use both Bob and Angel mods but I don't want to download all the Bob mods until he stops being lazy and writes a basic description of what his mods do, beyond "needs my library mod".

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Nukesnipe wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:43 am
lilon55 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 pm
That fixed it, thanks! If it's a requirement at this point it should be listed as such. I guess the assumption is that you're going to use both Bob and Angel mods but I don't want to download all the Bob mods until he stops being lazy and writes a basic description of what his mods do, beyond "needs my library mod".
How is Bob being lazy when if you read the title you should know exactly what they're related to? It's not like the titles are being vague or misleading about anything.

Bob's Enemies
Bob's Modules
Bob's Power
Bob's Logistics, etc.

Seems pretty obvious what areas it expands upon. Unless you're looking for a whole document on every single building, recipe, and technology added by the mods, then good luck with that.

Nukesnipe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nukesnipe »

Light wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:45 am
-snip-
Why do people immediately assume that when you say "hey some documentation would be nice", you mean "I want every single recipe listed in meticulous detail"? Bob does not document his mods, this isn't a matter of opinion, this is fact. Saying "Requires my library mod" doesn't explain what's in it. If I look at a mod that says "Bob's logistics mod", yeah sure I can assume it has something to do with logistics, but that's all you can do. Angel shows you what the buildings are and what they do, and he doesn't go into every recipe because he doesn't need to. A few sentences is better than nothing.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Nukesnipe wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:28 am
A few sentences is better than nothing.
And nothing written is better than nothing available at all.

Bob gives us a ridiculous amount of free content and doesn't even ask for thanks. Calling him lazy for not giving you more is a slap in the face.

Arathok
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arathok »

Nukesnipe wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:28 am
Light wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:45 am
-snip-
Why do people immediately assume that when you say "hey some documentation would be nice", you mean "I want every single recipe listed in meticulous detail"?
That's what fnei is for anyway.

But yeah factorio itself had no documentation, just experiment with it, and learn stuff yourself!

teckno99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by teckno99 »

factorio wont install bio processing
factorio .17.12 also all other angel bob

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IanRaven »

Hi Angel,

I have a question about the last update of Angel's Bio Processing, I've downloaded the mod and the file is in the Mods folder,
but it dosen't appear in the ingame mods list, so it can't be run. Do you know what's the problem?

Thank you for your work.

kenlon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kenlon »

Angel, I think something went wrong with the zip file when you were updating Bio Processing. When I install the mod, it doesn't show up in the mod list in game, and I get this in the log:

0.192 Error ModManager.cpp:793: Mod package read error. Error when parsing zip file "E:\Games\Factorio\mods\angelsbioprocessing_0.6.0.zip" : bad conversion

Unzipping the package results in it working correctly.

Return to “Angels Mods”