[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

Starfly wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:41 am
Bug (you're probably aware of, but just to make sure): The Fast Inserter technology only needs the first science pack and unlocks the Express Inserter recipe (at least the research screen says so). Yet, the Express Inserters need to be crafted with materials which are far out of reach at this stage (Fast Insererts, Red Circuits, Cobalt, Alu).

Regarding Mining speed: I like the slower mining speed. Finally I have a reason to use the higher Miners. In my old games, I never used them because they were just too fast - but maybe it was more of a ore richness issue and that I never really built a huge megafactory.

As always: Thanks for your mods :)
♥ Starfly
Check the first post, it lists all known bugs, and those I've already fixed but not published.
Thanks for the effort anyway.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Starfly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Starfly »

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:59 am
Starfly wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:41 am
Bug (you're probably aware of, but just to make sure): The Fast Inserter technology only needs the first science pack and unlocks the Express Inserter recipe (at least the research screen says so). Yet, the Express Inserters need to be crafted with materials which are far out of reach at this stage (Fast Insererts, Red Circuits, Cobalt, Alu).

Regarding Mining speed: I like the slower mining speed. Finally I have a reason to use the higher Miners. In my old games, I never used them because they were just too fast - but maybe it was more of a ore richness issue and that I never really built a huge megafactory.

As always: Thanks for your mods :)
♥ Starfly
Check the first post, it lists all known bugs, and those I've already fixed but not published.
Thanks for the effort anyway.
Yea I read that and searched on top of that. But still wasn't sure if that bug was meant =)
Cheers ♥

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by staviq »

Hi.

I have noticed that the speed at which you manually deconstruct the gray belt is significantly lower than that of yellow belt.

I do not remember this being the case in 0.16, is this intended?

I personally, find this quite annoying thb, basic belt is used mostly in the early game where you rebuild a lot by hand, and artificially slowing down this part of the game takes the fun away.

In my opinion, the mining speed of the basic belt should be actually less, if they are meant for early game, make them useful in the early game.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:55 pm
So I guess it depends what our goal SHOULD be? Perhaps I should give the high end ores lower speeds, but use a different mining category forcing you to upgrade mining drills, but the old hardness values were a good thing for this, because it would mean you needed at least a T3 to start, and got the ore at a 10th the speed as iron on the same drill, but by T5 it was still only half the speed. with the new system, it would always just be a 3rd the speed on any tier drill.
:RIP:

I doubt that in 0.17 you can make, for instance, a "low-mining power", but fast drill, that is better at mining "soft" ores than a more "powerful" drill is ?
(WIP, sorry for the somewhat unexplained columns)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

wakjah
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wakjah »

Hello,

Great job on getting the mods up and running on 0.17!

Just noticed a small issue: the train wagons and locomotive mk2/3's have no sprite in map view, so trains made of them look like just a dashed line instead of a train.

Also, when I loaded my 0.16 map I had to change my logistic assemblers back from transport science to logistic science. That is, I think logistic science pack recipe is getting migrated to transport science pack recipe instead.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

wakjah wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:04 pm
Hello,

Great job on getting the mods up and running on 0.17!

Just noticed a small issue: the train wagons and locomotive mk2/3's have no sprite in map view, so trains made of them look like just a dashed line instead of a train.

Also, when I loaded my 0.16 map I had to change my logistic assemblers back from transport science to logistic science. That is, I think logistic science pack recipe is getting migrated to transport science pack recipe instead.
I'll look into the locomotives

unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the scence packs, as 0.17 migrates "science-pack-2" to "logistic-science-pack" before I can get access to migration, so by the time I can do anything, I can't, because both science pack 2, and logistic science are merged together internally.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

yuncheolkim wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:35 am
When disable `Transport belt overhaul`, the game can't load.
I disabled the option on my end, and the game loaded fine for me.

Can you tell me more information about your configuration? installed mods and other options selected?
I also have a Patreon.

ADoby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ADoby »

Hey just a quick info.
In my testing (with some other mods).
Enabling "Bob's Logistics mod" breaks copy/paste of circuit (green/red) wires.
Didn't test actual blueprints.
Might be a bug at your end.

Factorio: 0.17.9
Logistics: 0.17.1

Have a nice weekend.

roze
Inserter
Inserter

Post by roze »

Happens when I die, 2nd time now.
unknown.png
unknown.png (209.22 KiB) Viewed 4596 times

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

Tech dependencies for modules are messed up. Productivity/Speed/Efficiency 2 requires advanced electronics 2 and P/S/E 3 requires production science packs (for some reason). Pollution creation/reduction module 2s don't require advanced electronics 2, level 3 does (which is how it should be, since it is level 3 that requires the module logic boards). I bet that is a base mod change that needs to be backed out, since it is only impacting vanilla modules...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

roze wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:46 pm
Happens when I die, 2nd time now.

unknown.png
Ah, I see now. If you are loading an old savegame, there used to be a class called ballanced, which is a typo of balanced, which I'd used universally. that old class name is stored and attempted to be used when you die.
I'll fix it for the next version
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

arbarbonif wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:41 pm
Tech dependencies for modules are messed up. Productivity/Speed/Efficiency 2 requires advanced electronics 2 and P/S/E 3 requires production science packs (for some reason). Pollution creation/reduction module 2s don't require advanced electronics 2, level 3 does (which is how it should be, since it is level 3 that requires the module logic boards). I bet that is a base mod change that needs to be backed out, since it is only impacting vanilla modules...
fixed that too, will be in the next release
I also have a Patreon.

Dkir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dkir »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (63.58 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
Looks like for some reason any assembler crafting is deactivated for every module above tier 4
EDIT: Found the issue, the max ingredient count of the assembly machines is too low for the recipes

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Dkir wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:16 am
Capture.PNG
Looks like for some reason any assembler crafting is deactivated for every module above tier 4
EDIT: Found the issue, the max ingredient count of the assembly machines is too low for the recipes
Yes, there's an option in the assembling machines mod to enable ingredient count limits. You can turn it off if you don't like it.
though, that only needs 6 ingredients, assembling machine 3 should be able to handle that.

are you sure it's not another mod doing it? That's not my solder icon.
I also have a Patreon.

coderpatsy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by coderpatsy »

The other question is, why is there a pollution cleaning chip (don't know which kind by sight) in the ingredients without an amount or label? Is that a bug with FNEI or the recipe?

asw122
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by asw122 »

coderpatsy wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 pm
The other question is, why is there a pollution cleaning chip (don't know which kind by sight) in the ingredients without an amount or label? Is that a bug with FNEI or the recipe?
Neither. Modules are built by upgrade. You don't just build a max level speed module. You have to build a speed module 1 and upgrade it through every level up to the ax.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

asw122 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:41 pm
coderpatsy wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 pm
Neither. Modules are built by upgrade. You don't just build a max level speed module. You have to build a speed module 1 and upgrade it through every level up to the ax.
But the logic board doesn't have a label or amount, not the "parent" module. I'm guessing that is FNEI issue.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

it SHOULD have a name, and does in my mods. it's probably a FNEI issue.
I also have a Patreon.

Dkir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dkir »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:27 pm
Dkir wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:16 am
Capture.PNG
Yes, there's an option in the assembling machines mod to enable ingredient count limits. You can turn it off if you don't like it.
though, that only needs 6 ingredients, assembling machine 3 should be able to handle that.

are you sure it's not another mod doing it? That's not my solder icon.
Well the option was disabled all along, I fixed the problem by editing the assembler prototypes in the mod files so the max ingredients of your assemblers is 12

The only other big mods I have installed currently are angels mods (which the solder icon is from), tho it shouldn't have an impact on assemblers afaik
What I did discover just now , and probably is caused by angels mods, is that the lithium perchlorate recipe has its available machines removed, meaning I can't craft it at all

der Papst
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by der Papst »

When trying to play a game in "rail world"-mode, i always encounter the problem of a missing important resource in a very big radius.

If the resource is important for early game (for example galena), the game is nearly impossible.
In my current game, silicone ore is missing (there's only a small field with 1k of it near my base).
I'm walking around with a solar-powered Radar MK2 for (ingame) days now and still did not find any of it.

The game makes usually sure a small amount of every (vanilla?) resource is in the "starting area", maybe you could use this function for your new ores too?

Return to “Bob's mods”