Topics and discussion about specific mods
foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.6.6

Post by foodfactorio »

oh ok, thanks for the info,
(the SCguy) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

FallenPaladin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by FallenPaladin »

Okay I know that you are waiting till 0.17 (I am too), but I figured that I would mention something. Don't know if it is a bug or something but the bio-mass only outputs on the left side.
- Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

ImageImage

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

btw these entities are cool in my games, but always gave me (minor) issues after one of the official dev releases swapped pipe inputs and outputs....
only to have to fix it a 2nd time, after an official dev release, reversed the changes to pipe inputs and outputs :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Hello!

First of all, thank you for fun mod!

I've found a bug. Your mod makes game hang if you place prototype artillery, turn on the map, turn on turret coverage and zoom in pretty closely. Game just hang and don't respond anymore so you need to terminate and restart it.
Here is proof-save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P8jbr ... 6Kc1jDK6RE

Also it does not show turret coverage at global view... But it's not as annoying as crashing.

DavyJones3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DavyJones3 »

I just built the prototype artillery. It says that the shooting speed is 30/s. I highly doubt this is correct and I think I have read somewhere saying it should be less than a second. Also, the prototype artillery recipe says the range is 90 while the ammo says 85. The ammo also says the speed is inf/s, which looks like a bug. Your mod is really cool and I hope you continue updating this stuff. I know your forum and mod page say that there is a "bio cannon" (which sounds cool) and that was clearly changed into the prototype artillery, but I think it would be really cool if you added another artillery unit under that name ("Bio Cannon") and maybe it'd be an upgrade from the vanilla artillery units. Bigger, Better, Huge Range and more Expensive. "Bio-Cannon"

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Hi,
I found some oddities in Bio Industries bi-large-substation item definition making it hard for LEP+ to automatically generate a lighted version and sort it next to the original.

bi-large-substation is generated in subgroup "energy-pipe-distribution" but seems to later be moved into the bio industries tab.
If you where to generate the item with the correct subgroup and save yourself moving it later. It'd also make it easier to have the lighted version appear next to it.

bi-large-substation also seems to be missing a letter after the final - in its order string "a[energy]-d[substation]-[large-substation]" Factorio will remove everything in [] so the string it uses for ordering is "a-d-".

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

DavyJones3 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 am
I just built the prototype artillery. It says that the shooting speed is 30/s. I highly doubt this is correct and I think I have read somewhere saying it should be less than a second. Also, the prototype artillery recipe says the range is 90 while the ammo says 85. The ammo also says the speed is inf/s, which looks like a bug. Your mod is really cool and I hope you continue updating this stuff. I know your forum and mod page say that there is a "bio cannon" (which sounds cool) and that was clearly changed into the prototype artillery, but I think it would be really cool if you added another artillery unit under that name ("Bio Cannon") and maybe it'd be an upgrade from the vanilla artillery units. Bigger, Better, Huge Range and more Expensive. "Bio-Cannon"
Hey Davy,

The Bio Cannon or Prototype Artillery is a little tricky, The turret actually has a range of 0, but then I search for nests within a 90 radius. That's the only way I could get the Bio Turret not to fire on everything.
Fixed the range to display 90.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:03 am
Hello!

First of all, thank you for fun mod!

I've found a bug. Your mod makes game hang if you place prototype artillery, turn on the map, turn on turret coverage and zoom in pretty closely. Game just hang and don't respond anymore so you need to terminate and restart it.
Here is proof-save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P8jbr ... 6Kc1jDK6RE

Also it does not show turret coverage at global view... But it's not as annoying as crashing.
Hey Wakaba,
I downloaded your save and tested this, but did not get the crash.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

0.17 Update.
I'm out of town Mon-Wed, so won't be able to update the mod till Thu.
IF anyone wants to.. :)

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

TheSAguy wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:12 pm
0.17 Update.
I'm out of town Mon-Wed, so won't be able to update the mod till Thu.
IF anyone wants to.. :)
But there is no available 0.17. https://factorio.com/download/experimental

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries

Post by jamiechi1 »

Re: Bio_Industries_0.17.0.
I get an error on line 26 of migration file Bio_Industries_2.1.0.lua thus preventing me to load a new game in ver 0.17.2.
"bi_tech_advanced_biotechnology" is nil ...

Are these migration files necessary for a new save?
I deleted the migration folder and the game loaded ok.

Astree
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Astree »

It tells me I need boblibrary, I didn't need it with 0.16. Is it really necessary now with 0.17 ?

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Astree wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:35 pm
It tells me I need boblibrary, I didn't need it with 0.16. Is it really necessary now with 0.17 ?
in 0.16 (and i don't know why this would be different in 0.17) there were several mods that just checked for bobslibrary and then assumed that the full bobs or even bobs+angel suite was used, even when bobslibrary was only enabled to use his inserter mod or his greenhouse mod. thus i had to decide whether to use the full suite (surely not!), to give up on those other mods or on bobs inserters and/or greenhouses. by requiring bobslibrary this mod would join bobs inserters and greenhouse (in respect to the mods that have problems with them).

that would be no bug in this mod or in that library but "only" a problem of those other mods. but there are several of them and i don't think that all those mod authors will adjust their mods :-( thus please (if possible) don't require any of bobs mods as dependency if not absolutely necessary; at most make it optional.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

jamiechi1 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:57 am
Re: Bio_Industries_0.17.0.
I get an error on line 26 of migration file Bio_Industries_2.1.0.lua thus preventing me to load a new game in ver 0.17.2.
"bi_tech_advanced_biotechnology" is nil ...

Are these migration files necessary for a new save?
I deleted the migration folder and the game loaded ok.
Thanks jamiechi1 ,
Yeah they should not be needed. Removed.
Anson wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:26 pm
Astree wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:35 pm
in 0.16 (and i don't know why this would be different in 0.17) there were several mods that just checked for bobslibrary and then assumed that the full bobs or even bobs+angel suite was used, even when bobslibrary was only enabled to use his inserter mod or his greenhouse mod. thus i had to decide whether to use the full suite (surely not!), to give up on those other mods or on bobs inserters and/or greenhouses. by requiring bobslibrary this mod would join bobs inserters and greenhouse (in respect to the mods that have problems with them).

that would be no bug in this mod or in that library but "only" a problem of those other mods. but there are several of them and i don't think that all those mod authors will adjust their mods :-( thus please (if possible) don't require any of bobs mods as dependency if not absolutely necessary; at most make it optional.
Bob wrote some great "functions" that I use in my mod. Before I copied these functions into my mod, but had to update them each time Bob updated his, now I just use his directly. Much easier. It's only functions and has nothing to do with the rest of Bob's great work.

Thanks.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

TheSAguy wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:59 am
Bob wrote some great "functions" that I use in my mod. Before I copied these functions into my mod, but had to update them each time Bob updated his, now I just use his directly. Much easier. It's only functions and has nothing to do with the rest of Bob's great work.
yes, that's how it should work, having a library and access it instead of doing everything over and over again.

too bad that several mod authors don't understand that a library is no proof that someone is using several specific mods or even the full bobs+angels package. as a result of this misbehavior, i now have to either play a fully blown bobs+angels map although i really want to use a few different mods, or i need to choose between using inserters/greenhouse/bioindustries and those other mods :-(

no idea what can be done about this problem, how to convince those other mod authors.

SounLee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SounLee »

so sad that bio industries does not run without bobs anymore (i have come to a point in my first modded 0.17 playthrough were i would startup woodproduktion for wood/coal gasification...)[this mod was a good companion in manymany playthrough´s... far well god friend as i do not tend to play with bobs mods)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

SounLee wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:09 pm
so sad that bio industries does not run without bobs anymore (i have come to a point in my first modded 0.17 playthrough were i would startup woodproduktion for wood/coal gasification...)[this mod was a good companion in manymany playthrough´s... far well god friend as i do not tend to play with bobs mods)
You DON'T need Bob's. You only need boblibrary That is a set of functions Bob wrote.
It won't add any of Bob's stuff, only functions that get used to adjust some stuff in my mod.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

TheSAguy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:42 pm
SounLee wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:09 pm
so sad that bio industries does not run without bobs anymore ...
far well god friend as i do not tend to play with bobs mods)
You DON'T need Bob's. You only need boblibrary That is a set of functions Bob wrote.
It won't add any of Bob's stuff, only functions that get used to adjust some stuff in my mod.
i completely agree that is how it should work and that this mod seems to do everything right.

but whoever uses this mod (and thus also bob's library) should be aware that there are several other mods that are misbehaving and that assume that you really play with a full set of bobs+angels mods or at least with a few specific ones of them. if only the library is used and not those other bobs-mods, these bad mods keep crashing (not loading) since they assume that there is something which really isn't there. this bad behavior also applies when using any of bobs mods (like greenhouse or the adjustible inserters) which don't include those specific mods that the bad mods expect.

to make it clear again: bio industries does NOT expect people to use bobs mods, but only bobs library.
but if someone uses the library and also one of those bad mods, he now has the choice between
  1. keep using those bad mods and adding the (almost) full set of bobs+angels, or
  2. keep using those bad mods and not using the library (and thus also not using greenhouse, inserters, bioindustries), or
  3. dropping the use of those bad mods, and be free again to use the library (and thus also play with greenhouse, inserters, bioindustries)
as i already wrote above:
Anson wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:32 pm
no idea what can be done about this problem, how to convince those other mod authors [to refrain from their bad behavior]

ussdefiant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ussdefiant »

A bit of an oddity i've found is that there doesn't seem to be a way to convince the 0.17 upgrade planner to do anything with the rails from this mod. Rails don't appear in the menu that goes with it and trying a drag select doesn't do anything either. This makes it quite a PITA to say, change a BP meant for vanilla rails to instead use Wooden Straight Rails. Anyone got any advice for that?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

ussdefiant wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:26 pm
A bit of an oddity i've found is that there doesn't seem to be a way to convince the 0.17 upgrade planner to do anything with the rails from this mod. Rails don't appear in the menu that goes with it and trying a drag select doesn't do anything either. This makes it quite a PITA to say, change a BP meant for vanilla rails to instead use Wooden Straight Rails. Anyone got any advice for that?
This should be resolved with 0.17.9 release. Let me now if you have any other issues.
Thanks.

Return to “Mods”