[0.17.9] New Games always default to having research queue unlocked despite my actions

Bugs that are actually features.
sawbladex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.9] New Games always default to having research queue unlocked despite my actions

Post by sawbladex »

Hello,

So whenever I try to boot up a new game, it's always a modified version, with the research queue turned on, basically regardless of what I do.

If I quit and exit a newly made island game, (with the queue only unlocked after the post game), when attempting to start a new game, the settings of the new game will be exactly the same, including the seed, but will have the research queue unlocked at the start.

This is really confusing.

This issue has existing for a while in 0.17.7 ish IRRC, but I am able to reproduce it on my machine on 0.17.9.

Blue101
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.9] New Games always default to having research queue unlocked despite my actions

Post by Blue101 »

This is an option you can enable or disable in settings. It does not sound like a bug.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.9] New Games always default to having research queue unlocked despite my actions

Post by TruePikachu »

And where is that option?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Advanced settings in map generator.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I know that, but the prior comment was implying it has an option under the normal settings.

Return to “Not a bug”