Personal Ammo Limit

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ohmyfactorio
Inserter
Inserter

Personal Ammo Limit

Post by ohmyfactorio »

TL;DR
Give me a way to set the ammo limit on my guns.
What ?
I don't want to have 200 ammo in my gun. I just need 20. The rest, I want to have available to redistribute in my turrets.
Why ?
Right now, I find I'm fumbling too much with refilling my turrets. Let's say, I have 220 ammo. I want to distribute it equally among 4 turrets. When I pick up ammo from my toolbelt, I only get 20. Then I have to correct myself, and pick up from my gun's ammo, which is 200.

I would prefer there's a set limit on my gun's ammo (say I have 220 ammo, and, I only want 20 for my gun), so when I pick up ammo from my toolbelt, I get 200 for my turrets.

MoleOnDope
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Personal Ammo Limit

Post by MoleOnDope »

Sounds more like you need more ammo production, rather than a limit on how many to stow away for your gun :lol:

Sorry for being silly, but I do feel like that would only overcomplicate things.
With biters being a lot more of a threat in 0.17 I wouldn't limit myself on ammo production, I would say produce more and carry around two or three extra stacks, that also gets rid of the problem. Or use a higher tier ammo for your own gun than you do for turrets so they don't get mixed up.

Opsse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Personal Ammo Limit

Post by Opsse »

I agree with MoleOnDope, too complicated for saving only 180 ammo.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”