[0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 pm
I think you should remove the Fast Inserter research (50 AutomationScience Packs)

They are also included in Logistics 3 and they use cobalt. While cobalt is obtainable with transport science, ECBs are way out of reach at the point where you research the inserters as standalone tec and you dont really need them that early
fastinserter.png
Given how inserters are unlocked without the overhaul, they're probably pretty good where they are, though it could be a prerequisite of express inserters.
With the overhaul turned on however, yes, the tech should just be removed.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Therenas wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 pm
This morning I thought of a feature that would be great for bobsinserters imo. Hopefully this is the right place to post it. After seeing the 0.17.1 patch, you can apparently create your own toolbar actions as a mod. Didn't try that out, so hopefully I understood it correctly.
Now my idea would be that you can create presets for bobsinserter configurations, for example a long inserter, or a 90 degree inserter that drops off items on the close side of the belt. You would create those as the user, whichever ones you need frequently, and place them in your toolbelt shortcuts. When they are activated (mouseclick or keyboard shortcut), the inserter configuration is set to the one you created, so all the inserters placed after that would follow the saved rules. It's the same as changing it manually before placing new inserters, just much more convenient. I would find this useful, because I don't use any crazy angles or such, mainly the same few ones, and it would save me a lot of time clicking around in the GUI in the top left.

Now I know you are very busy at the moment, but if you find yourself wondering what to improve, consider that idea. Thanks!
This is a great idea !
But until/if it's implemented, I'd suggest that you learn the keyboard shortcuts - they make setting up the simple angles/ranges/beltsides a lot faster than the GUI !
(Well, at least until you research the "diagonal" rotations...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Therenas wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 pm
This morning I thought of a feature that would be great for bobsinserters imo. Hopefully this is the right place to post it. After seeing the 0.17.1 patch, you can apparently create your own toolbar actions as a mod. Didn't try that out, so hopefully I understood it correctly.
Now my idea would be that you can create presets for bobsinserter configurations, for example a long inserter, or a 90 degree inserter that drops off items on the close side of the belt. You would create those as the user, whichever ones you need frequently, and place them in your toolbelt shortcuts. When they are activated (mouseclick or keyboard shortcut), the inserter configuration is set to the one you created, so all the inserters placed after that would follow the saved rules. It's the same as changing it manually before placing new inserters, just much more convenient. I would find this useful, because I don't use any crazy angles or such, mainly the same few ones, and it would save me a lot of time clicking around in the GUI in the top left.

Now I know you are very busy at the moment, but if you find yourself wondering what to improve, consider that idea. Thanks!
BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:47 am

This is a great idea !
But until/if it's implemented, I'd suggest that you learn the keyboard shortcuts - they make setting up the simple angles/ranges/beltsides a lot faster than the GUI !
(Well, at least until you research the "diagonal" rotations...)
Due to the fact that non-steam updating is broken, I'm still on 0.17.0, which I had to download manually because it wouldn't even update from 0.16.51.

So... I'm not able to even do anything about this yet.
I also have a Patreon.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

0.17.3 downloads fine for me ??
(yes, I've tried starting the Windows downloads too...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:52 pm
GrumpyJoe wrote:
I think you should remove the Fast Inserter research (50 AutomationScience Packs)

They are also included in Logistics 3 and they use cobalt. While cobalt is obtainable with transport science, ECBs are way out of reach at the point where you research the inserters as standalone tec and you dont really need them that early
fastinserter.png
Given how inserters are unlocked without the overhaul, they're probably pretty good where they are, though it could be a prerequisite of express inserters.
They should actually unlock fast inserters tho, at the moment they unlock express and you can't create fast (that would be a bug). Actually, I guess logistics 2 does unlock fast, for some reason I thought they used to unlock with electronics... But it should still do what it says on the tin.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

arbarbonif wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:24 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:52 pm
GrumpyJoe wrote:

fastinserter.png
They should actually unlock fast inserters tho, at the moment they unlock express and you can't create fast (that would be a bug). Actually, I guess logistics 2 does unlock fast, for some reason I thought they used to unlock with electronics... But it should still do what it says on the tin.
With the overhaul turned on, each tier of inserters is unlocked with it's partner logistic research. the exceptions being burner and standard that are unlocked by default.

I believe that by default fast inserters were unlocked by electronics.
I also have a Patreon.

zero318
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zero318 »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 pm
Zyrconia wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:44 am
bobingabout wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:56 am
I was going to do this, but I forgot. I had also removed all the limits before this was first suggested to me, so I have no idea what the limits used to be unless I compare against 0.16. but it can be done.
Well, doing diffs between random versions is something developers do all the time :).
the only problem with that is all the other changes too.

it would be easy enough, but my main question is, where do I put the setting? it would cover multiple mods.
In this case, the most appropriate place would probably be in the assembly mod. it's the one that adds more tiers to other machines, which if there's only one version you wouldn't normally want a limit on them anyway.
Perhaps put the setting in the library mod? It seems like the most universal place for it since everything already lists it as a required dependency.
I make mods! Feedback is appreciated, particularly if I broke something.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

zero318 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:19 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 pm
Zyrconia wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:44 am
bobingabout wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:56 am
I was going to do this, but I forgot. I had also removed all the limits before this was first suggested to me, so I have no idea what the limits used to be unless I compare against 0.16. but it can be done.
Well, doing diffs between random versions is something developers do all the time :).
the only problem with that is all the other changes too.

it would be easy enough, but my main question is, where do I put the setting? it would cover multiple mods.
In this case, the most appropriate place would probably be in the assembly mod. it's the one that adds more tiers to other machines, which if there's only one version you wouldn't normally want a limit on them anyway.
Perhaps put the setting in the library mod? It seems like the most universal place for it since everything already lists it as a required dependency.
Since assembly mod is the one that adds all the extra tiers, I added it in there.
I also have a Patreon.

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Dear bobingabout,

is the deconstruction/pickup/unbuild time of the basic belt intentionally that high, that i am considering restarting a new base instead of deconstructing more then 10 basic belts? The time seem to be on par with deconstructing a tree and the time needed to deconstruct/unbuild a normal belt seem to be half or less of that. :x

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Dear bobingabout,

i can only assume an error in allowing express inserters in the technology "fast inserters" for simple red packs whereas the fast insters in the technology "logistics 2" do need red and green packs?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

myricaulus wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:14 pm
Dear bobingabout,

i can only assume an error in allowing express inserters in the technology "fast inserters" for simple red packs whereas the fast insters in the technology "logistics 2" do need red and green packs?
that's a change in the base game that I didn't notice. If you play without the inserter overhaul, it functions as intended, but turn it on and you get duplicate technology of the wrong tier.
I have written a fix for it but not released yet. Should be in the first post of the "0.17 Post bugs and balance feedback" topic.
myricaulus wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:02 pm
Dear bobingabout,

is the deconstruction/pickup/unbuild time of the basic belt intentionally that high, that i am considering restarting a new base instead of deconstructing more then 10 basic belts? The time seem to be on par with deconstructing a tree and the time needed to deconstruct/unbuild a normal belt seem to be half or less of that. :x
IIRC, I just cloned the belts again from the new version of the game and edited the numbers for speed and health etc, so it's just a clone of yellow belt, so it should have the same deconstruction time as yellow belts, but I'll make a note to look into it.

To note, the main reason why I haven't released the fixes listed on that post yet is because most of them are minor, not game breaking, and I was holding off until either A, a bigger bug is found that is more urgent, or B, I finish writing something I'm working on.
I also have a Patreon.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

Vehicle Plasma Cannon aiming is totally out of control and random. It's sometimes spraying shots off where it hits nothing, and that's an impressive feat considering how large area it hits ;) I wonder if the 0.17's new predictive aiming can be turned off for the turret?

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Zaflis wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:45 pm
Vehicle Plasma Cannon aiming is totally out of control and random. It's sometimes spraying shots off where it hits nothing, and that's an impressive feat considering how large area it hits ;) I wonder if the 0.17's new predictive aiming can be turned off for the turret?
In 0.16 I played once with the vehicle plasma cannon and i hit myself more then anything else. So i would still consider it improved to before ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Zaflis wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:45 pm
My tests (pre 0.17 release by a few days) that this aiming wasn't effected by the new predictive aiming stuff. AFAIK, to make that work you have to define the weapon as a "stream", like a flamethrower stream, I looked it up because I wanted to make that change and when I saw it was a flamethrower type weapon, decided not to.
myricaulus wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:23 pm
In 0.16 I played once with the vehicle plasma cannon and i hit myself more then anything else. So i would still consider it improved to before ;)
That's partly because I added a minimum range, and a Clamp.
I also have a Patreon.

Vidares
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vidares »

Hope nobody already posted it here xD im to stupid to find search function.

first: all the laser ammunition from bobs warfare has the same amount of dmg for me :3! cant kill a big creep atm haha!
second: the re-inforced wall still has the old model
third: the harder elemtal spitting enemies still aimshot in comparison to the new big spitter from base game (dont know if intended or bug)

btw can someone tell me if robots can pick up alien artifacts? getting annyoing with 100k artifacty lying around xDD

beside that, thanks for the great mods and the support =)!

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Vidares wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 am

btw can someone tell me if robots can pick up alien artifacts? getting annyoing with 100k artifacty lying around xDD

there is a filter in deconstruction planer: items on the ground. since i haven´t done that in a long time, im not sure if it was (0.16.54) vanilla or from some mod

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:14 pm
there is a filter in deconstruction planer: items on the ground. since i haven´t done that in a long time, im not sure if it was (0.16.54) vanilla or from some mod
Picking up items from ground with robots was in vanilla since 0.14.x or something when artifacts were part of the original game, the filter came later perhaps. But if you don't mind it potentially picking up trees and rocks you don't even need the filter. Right click the planner from inventory to set it up, it propably won't open the UI from quickbar (nvm, it does but only if you have one in inventory).
Last edited by Zaflis on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vidares
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vidares »

yeah works =) thanks for the help!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Vidares wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 am
Hope nobody already posted it here xD im to stupid to find search function.

first: all the laser ammunition from bobs warfare has the same amount of dmg for me :3! cant kill a big creep atm haha!
second: the re-inforced wall still has the old model
third: the harder elemtal spitting enemies still aimshot in comparison to the new big spitter from base game (dont know if intended or bug)

beside that, thanks for the great mods and the support =)!
This is mostly addressed here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=65190

I'm not sure if I should change the spitters and worms seeking projectile, it makes them more unique, but the main reason why I haven't changed them yet is because there's so many little changes like this, it's hard to change everything. I basically just changed it to the point the game would work, then moved on to the next issue.
The laser ammunition has been fixed but not yet released.
And again, I know about the wall using the old model, but am considering not changing it, as to keep it looking more unique

And yes, mark the artifacts for deconstruction with the deconstruction planner, and robots will pick them up.
I also have a Patreon.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

Naming is not matching in inserter recipes somehow. I'm not using bob-inserters though, but maybe i should. In early game i wasn't able to craft long inserters but i found there's Shift-L key for that for regular inserters. In some occasions the red inserter is called fast inserter:
filter_inserter.png
filter_inserter.png (475.33 KiB) Viewed 4027 times

Return to “Bob's mods”