How to do Lazy Bastard in 0.17

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Nachie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to do Lazy Bastard in 0.17

Post by Nachie »

So, what's the new count and tutorial for Lazy Bastard in 0.17? With the advent of changes such as assemblers have no item limit, we can immediately see that the oil refinery and assembler 2 are no longer an expense. Neither are the wooden planks required for crap power poles, as planks were removed.

Here's my count. We still need the following items:

*Boiler
*Steam Engine
*Offshore Pump
*10x Red Science
*Lab
*Assembler 1

So, the start of the run will remain mostly the same. We will still receive 8 iron plates, a stone furnace, and a burner miner. If you can find a huge rock Image
in the starting area, you can harvest it for 37 stone and 37 coal. Set Automation as your current research and begin.

Note: If you are using wood instead of coal, double the amount of fuel required.

For this run, you will need to mine 115 iron and 34 copper. I would suggest doing the iron first.
*For 115 iron, you will need to put 18 coal in the burner miner, and 9 coal in the furnace.
*For 34 copper, you will need put 6 coal in the burner miner, and 3 coal in the furnace.
*Please also have 1 wood on hand.

Then, pick up your starter furnace. You will be consuming this in making the boiler.
*Boiler (5 craft total) = 1 craft + Furnace (0 crafts) + 4 pipe (4 crafts)
*Engine (14 crafts total) = 1 craft + 10 iron (0 crafts) + 8 gears (8 crafts) + 5 pipe (5 crafts)
*Pump (8 crafts total) = 1 craft + 1 pipe (1 craft) + 1 gear (1 craft) + 2 green boards (5 crafts = 2 crafts + 6 copper cables [3 crafts] + 2 iron [0 crafts])
*Lab (40 crafts total) = 1 craft + 10 gear (10 crafts) + 10 green boards (25 crafts = 10 crafts + 30 copper cables [15 crafts] + 10 iron [0 crafts]) + 4 yellow belts (4 crafts = 2 crafts + 2 gears [2 crafts] + 2 iron [0 crafts])
*Assembler (14 crafts total) = 1 craft + 9 iron (0 crafts) + 5 gears (5 crafts) + 3 green boards (8 crafts = 3 crafts + 9 copper cables [5 crafts] + 3 iron [0 crafts])
*10 red science (20 crafts total) = 10 crafts + 10 copper (0 crafts) + 10 gears (10 crafts)
*Wooden pole (2 crafts total) = 1 craft + 1 wood (0 crafts) + 2 copper cables (1 craft)

This will put you at a total of 103 crafts. No, the extra copper cable from the assembler will not be enough for anything else.
I believe the previous total was 100 crafts. We've actually gained crafts with 0.17.

As I said before, you will not have any additional recipes that you must handcraft, as assemblers can take any recipe now, regardless of input count.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to do Lazy Bastard in 0.17

Post by CDarklock »

Nachie wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:40 pm
I believe the previous total was 100 crafts.
106. Start from your list, but add one raw wood -> wood for power poles, one assembler 2 because of the two-ingredient limit, and one refinery because of the four-ingredient limit.

At 103 you can now ignore the starting burner drill (three gears + one furnace + drill) and furnace, taking you to 109 and literally starting from nothing at all.

Nachie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nachie »

CDarklock wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:52 pm
Nachie wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:40 pm
I believe the previous total was 100 crafts.
106. Start from your list, but add one raw wood -> wood for power poles, one assembler 2 because of the two-ingredient limit, and one refinery because of the four-ingredient limit.

At 103 you can now ignore the starting burner drill (three gears + one furnace + drill) and furnace, taking you to 109 and literally starting from nothing at all.
Alright, nice. I was comparing to an older guide.

fdlouw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fdlouw »

How do you keep track of the number of items you have already crafted? It used to be displayed on the icon when you pin the achievement. Is it just me, am I missing a setting in the options, or has that item count dissapeared? In fact, I cannot see a timer on the pinned achievements for No Spoon any more, either.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

fdlouw wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:38 am
How do you keep track of the number of items you have already crafted? It used to be displayed on the icon when you pin the achievement. Is it just me, am I missing a setting in the options, or has that item count dissapeared? In fact, I cannot see a timer on the pinned achievements for No Spoon any more, either.
if you completed them before, you might need to reset them?

fdlouw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fdlouw »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:08 pm
fdlouw wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:38 am
if you completed them before, you might need to reset them?
Finally got around to trying your suggestion, that worked. Thanks!

AJaromir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AJaromir »

Are you able to take into account the needed coal to power up everything and coal needed to mine the desired amount of coal? I was working on it. But after the announce of 0.17 i stopped and now I am starting to do those counts again. The reason is simple. To make everything as fast as possible. Everybody knows the lazy guy starts are damn slow.

Also IMO the guides like this one are simply not enough. Those does not provide everything to create at least the very small self-sufficient factory that generates basic resouces. That means at least three or four electric mining drills (coal, iron, copper, stone), some poles,furnaces,inserters,chests,.... Because with this very basic guide you'll end up with bare hands and empty inventory and the long waiting to gather all needed resouces starts again. I'll be working on it. Give me time. About 2-3 months. :D

So if my counts are right, for one supersmall resouces factory we need:
one electric miner drill per ore
two stone furnaces per electric miner drill
two or four inserters per electric miner drill
zero or one chest per electric miner drill
Miner drill for coal.
About one stack of small electric poles.

We will need the chest only for coal and for rock. For iron plates and copper plates we won't need them. (Because high resouces demand we will constantly grab them directly from the furnaces)
For rock we need one electric miner drill and one chest. Bricks are not important for now.

Here are 2 options how to establish one super small mining facility (without automated fuel)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

The first thing you need is just an assembler 1 and electricity, then you don't have to handcraft anymore.
How to scale up from this in another topic, you still have the burner drill, but no furnace. So the first thing to craft via assembler are probably some furnaces to be able to get more iron and copper. Then gears, copper wires, power poles, pipes, circuits etc.
Maybe expanding via burners is a bit faster, if you have collected a lot of stone rocks while waiting for starting plates, because they are cheaper than electric drills and somehow more convenient for hand feeding/grabbing

One small tip: If you don't have coal rocks (anymore), its faster to chop wood for fuel instead of hand mining coal.

Return to “Gameplay Help”