[0.17.6] Placing a locomotive ghost at a station will sometimes place an invisible ghost

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[0.17.6] Placing a locomotive ghost at a station will sometimes place an invisible ghost

Post by raiguard »

This is a very strange bug, because it's very inconsistent. Sometimes, if you place a locomotive ghost at a train station, the entity will be placed but the sprite will not show up:
2019-03-05 20_31_03.png
2019-03-05 20_31_03.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 1994 times
I have not been able to consistently reproduce it. The only data I can provide is that it sometimes happens, and only seems to happen if I place a ghost without holding shift. I have only been able to get it to happen three times in total, and that is after several minutes of placing ghosts. I'll update this post if I find out anything more.

I have included the save file below. I planned to attach a report, but in my testing to see if it still happens after I disabled my mods, the report was lost. If I manage to reproduce this issue again I'll attach a report.

As you can see, the invisible ghost is on the rail below the player once you spawn in. I built a station above the player for trying to reproduce the bug.

Good luck! :D
Attachments
Sweet 17 - Locomotive Ghost Bug.zip
(6 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Don't forget, you're here forever.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.6] Placing a locomotive ghost at a station will sometimes place an invisible ghost

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for 0.17.13.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”