[MOD 0.16.x] MadClown01's Science

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] MadClown01's Science

Post by Rue99 »

Will we be seeing a 0.17 version from you at all?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Rue99 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:01 pm
Will we be seeing a 0.17 version from you at all?

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Possibly not then :p.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

He is alive at least in discord

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Since I was helping MadClown a fair bit with his mods in the past, I've given them all a proper 0.17 update and will be submitting them to him to save him a few hours of time.

The issue however, is that Angel's Bioprocessing is a hard dependency so I had to update that to 0.17 as well to even get started. I won't be uploading MadClown's mods here until Angel has updated his bioprocessing mod. I can then make adjustments based on anything new that was added by Angel and upload them here if MadClown still isn't around to update them on the portal.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Light wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:18 pm
Since I was helping MadClown a fair bit with his mods in the past, I've given them all a proper 0.17 update and will be submitting them to him to save him a few hours of time.
if you need any help and/or testing, just add me
Grumpy Joe#2695

Im not a coder because i lose track in the various folders pretty easily, i couldn´t create it. But given that I can read it and i have a fairly good eye for things missing, see ore thread or the military science thing here, i might be of some help.
If not coming home after a long night shift, i can even make sense of balance stuff :D
Anything i can do to help this, i will do, time permitted.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:32 pm
Light wrote:
if you need any help and/or testing, just add me
Grumpy Joe#2695

Im not a coder because i lose track in the various folders pretty easily, i couldn´t create it. But given that I can read it and i have a fairly good eye for things missing, see ore thread or the military science thing here, i might be of some help.
If not coming home after a long night shift, i can even make sense of balance stuff :D
Anything i can do to help this, i will do, time permitted.
Noted.

I'm awaiting the official release of bioprocessing before moving forward. There are two critical bugs with Clown's Science that need working out, but the other mods seem to work just fine.

I've also contacted a few other mod developers to wrinkle out compatibility issues that have cropped up. It's then just a matter of updating the dependencies so nothing else conflicts and it should be ready for deployment.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

This is excellent news. Thank you so much!

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Light wrote:

The issue however, is that Angel's Bioprocessing is a hard dependency so I had to update that to 0.17 as well to even get started. I won't be uploading MadClown's mods here until Angel has updated his bioprocessing mod. I can then make adjustments based on anything new that was added by Angel and upload them here if MadClown still isn't around to update them on the portal.
I would like to test the update on my current 0.16.51 save when it hits.
SuperSandro2000#4944 on discord.

If you need any help or balance thoughts feel free to hit me up.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:14 am
Light wrote:

I would like to test the update on my current 0.16.51 save when it hits.

If you need any help or balance thoughts feel free to hit me up.
Since you seem to have modding experience, I might need your assistance with the one bug that's mystifying me with Clown's Science. It keeps eluding me and my time isn't as abundant as I'd like to really stare it down.

Which is stupid, because yesterday it was working fine. This reminds me of why I quit modding games years ago.

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:14 am
I always wondered what the hell people were sharing names and numbers for, not just here but on other boards and websites as well. I had no idea it was a Discord account. Looks like I need to download it.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

They're all in working order, just awaiting the release of Angel's Bioprocessing.

In the meantime, here's one oddity I can't figure out due to lack of experience in modding Factorio:

The pink bottles down below are actually the green ones with the wrong icon, with the pink one up top being the real one. The ordering is wrong but I don't understand the lettering system that's being used to determine icon sorting. The icon colours are also not changing correctly either.

The likely conflict is due to the fact the pink bottles are named logistic science packs which is now also the name of green science in 0.17. Yet any attempt to change anything causes it to freak out (when it seems to be coded correctly) and I lack the patience to piss around with it more than I already have.

It does still work correctly despite these aesthetic issues, so I don't really care enough to correct it. MadClown knows his code best so I'll let him solve the problem when he returns, or I'll pass it on to someone who's far more familiar with Factorio modding to do it instead. (Newly made Discord ID is Light#6042)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Light wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:25 am
They're all in working order, just awaiting the release of Angel's Bioprocessing.

In the meantime, here's one oddity I can't figure out due to lack of experience in modding Factorio:

The pink bottles down below are actually the green ones with the wrong icon, with the pink one up top being the real one. The ordering is wrong but I don't understand the lettering system that's being used to determine icon sorting. The icon colours are also not changing correctly either.

The likely conflict is due to the fact the pink bottles are named logistic science packs which is now also the name of green science in 0.17. Yet any attempt to change anything causes it to freak out (when it seems to be coded correctly) and I lack the patience to piss around with it more than I already have.

It does still work correctly despite these aesthetic issues, so I don't really care enough to correct it. MadClown knows his code best so I'll let him solve the problem when he returns, or I'll pass it on to someone who's far more familiar with Factorio modding to do it instead. (Newly made Discord ID is Light#6042)
the name has very little to do with it. its based on subgroup and order. this page explains it a bit viewtopic.php?t=24163

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Light wrote:

Sorting is complicated. Basically:
Group -> Subgroup -> Order (I think Linux sorting order). I always use Mod Developer Tools to get the ingame values and overwrite them with my fixes mod.
If they are wrong horizontally they are either in different subgroups or one subgroup was to long and Factorio inserted a "line break".
If they are wrong vertically they order value is wrong. IIRC you can imagine it like the sort command and thats how it gets displayed ingame.

Icon is probably just the icon wrong or the recoloring not correct.

You should care about aesthetics or I add the mod to my Mod of Shame and I send you a friend request on discord. If you are done I take a look over it and fix minor things but it could take me a week to get around doing it.

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by staviq »

Light wrote:
Soooo, Angel has just released bioprocessing for 0.17 yesterday.

Any eta on Clown's science for 0.17 ?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

staviq wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 am
Light wrote:
Soooo, Angel has just released bioprocessing for 0.17 yesterday.

Any eta on Clown's science for 0.17 ?
Clown was informed and will get around to it when he can.

The only issue is a visual bug as it's working fine otherwise, so he should be able to fix it rather quickly. I'll poke him again later.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

I have also given clown a little present... (read mod update), so if he does not upload it by mid-week, ill post the updated mod to this page for you all till he uploads it. I will also ask Clown if i can get perms to keep it updated while he is busy...

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

Miltary science alternate recipes need rebalancing. The cost of a military pack has dropped by ALOT (swapping out a turret for 2 walls) and the replacement recipes are still based around needing a turret for the normal stuff. I used to use the shotgun version on occcasion (because it was lighter on iron), but now it is far worse than even the alternate logistic science recipe (which is strictly more expensive than the default).

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

I will have to take a look at that, I was only trying to get it functional to start with...

Well... this is fixed, and clown approved :D

now for the hard part... i think sir-cherry is a madman and wants to see the world burn. I can try to balance the mod with omnimatter, AAII and Kao (or bobs extended...) but that is asking too much having those settings...

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

I think kingarthur might have already done some of that for PyCoalTByAnA?

leonstar03
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by leonstar03 »

When does this mod get an update? Or is there a continued work of this? I need it for 0.18 / 1.0

Return to “Angels Mods”