Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Ronin »

mxpal wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:40 am
a comment on Ronin's wall of text:

I dont know how big you like your base to be, but i usually keep things minimal and only build them on demand. So my suggestions may not be applicable to your situation. I have finished a circuit 2 base a while ago at 0.5/s and moving onto production sci packs and building components for big mines
The answer to that question is freaking monstrous. It literally stops the machine for about 20 seconds every time it performs an autosave. The goal was to immerse in every facet of the new mod as well as the older Pymods. I took every ore to the top tier in processing to prove out viability except titanium and that is because I did not plan space well enough and wound up englobing it.

For those that have taken it out to the extremes like I did, I refer to the setups as something like my iron processing as a 10x. It starts at a requester storehouse with iron ore feeding out through a loader onto belts into 10 jaw crushers which uses a compact loader to feed back on a belt to another warehouse directly spaced under the requester storehouse. That feed back out to another belt and into an array of 10 Automated Screeners, then out to belts below and into another warehouse directly under that. Then 10 secondary crushers, 10 impact crushers, all the way down the line.

I used a 10x on iron, 7x on copper, 6x on chromium ore, but 10x on the old dirt to chromite sand process. 6x on zinc, 8x on nickel, 8x on glass, 5x on niobium, 5x on desufurization, 5x on rare earth oxides, 8x on lead processing. I have 3 arrays of 10x to make lime and god knows how many soil extractors pumping out lime.

I honestly don't know how many buildings I have working but the power requirement is 3.8 GW sustained. I fought with power blackouts until I reached the Aneutronic Reactor stage then that workhorse ended the blackouts.

And props to Pyanodon! He is a fellow player with a lot of talent and drive who dedicated his spare time to create this fantastic labor of love in enriching our lives with the fruits of his creativity. I deeply appreciate him giving us a glimpse as to why these deficiencies we identified exist and they are stubs into his new next technology release.

Lurve
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurve »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:25 am
i see some of you donr ever care about high tier of ore processing. That because i see a coincidence. If you dont play with RSO, the map will be full if these deposits. Try with RSO and you will start looking different to ore processing
Using RSO is an intended part of the balance? What settings do you use for ore spawning? I use it for other mod combinations, but I actually had to turn it off when using yours.

I must have restarted at least five times, because what with the dozens of kinds of ore deposits there was always something that wouldn't spawn remotely close by, and the way the tech tree works right now you absolutely need at least a small patch of everything before you can progress beyond science 1. Molybdenum especially was my bane - you can bore it with Excavation 2, but that needs Science 3, which needs Circuits 2... which need molybdenum. I would have needed to console-reveal the map, or turn off biters completely, or just turn off RSO and live with a map that looks like a Jackson Pollock painting but at least everything will be nearby. So that's what I did.

[ETA] changed to Science 3
Last edited by Lurve on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

RSO is highly configurable.

I was actually trying to configure it in the opposite way that you suggest :
I turned off starting ores, because I felt that it was *too* easy to have so many of them at start, but was restarting maps until I had one with Iron+Copper nearby water and Quartz and Tin (and Lead?) not too far away.

(Also, I have no idea what you are talking about, you only need Tin and Aluminium for Science 2 (and IIRC no circuits at all!)... though Lead is also important if you have a significant biter presence !)

And *just* when I was very close to finding the right RSO settings and map, 0.17 dropped ! :lol:
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Lurve
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurve »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:40 pm
RSO is highly configurable.

I was actually trying to configure it in the opposite way that you suggest :
I turned off starting ores, because I felt that it was *too* easy to have so many of them at start, but was restarting maps until I had one with Iron+Copper nearby water and Quartz and Tin (and Lead?) not too far away.

(Also, I have no idea what you are talking about, you only need Tin and Aluminium for Science 2 (and IIRC no circuits at all!)... though Lead is also important if you have a significant biter presence !)

And *just* when I was very close to finding the right RSO settings and map, 0.17 dropped ! :lol:
Sorry, science 3, which needs optical fiber and circuits 2.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Please remember that RSO config for this mod is very provisional.
Only feedback I seen was that quartz stones could be a bit more frequent.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

orzelek wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:18 pm
Please remember that RSO config for this mod is very provisional.
Only feedback I seen was that quartz stones could be a bit more frequent.
You did a great job so far. Helped pyMods be more organized
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Ronin, you said you had no problems with chrome at all taking it through the full cycle, but yet also you had problems with Aerofloat-15, which is part of the chromium cycle? I'm trying to figure out the next steps with chromium after having researched the blue sciences. Is it just a question of amounts?

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronin »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:26 pm
Ronin, you said you had no problems with chrome at all taking it through the full cycle, but yet also you had problems with Aerofloat-15, which is part of the chromium cycle? I'm trying to figure out the next steps with chromium after having researched the blue sciences. Is it just a question of amounts?
Hey TwentyEighty,

You are absolutely correct, there is an issue with Aerofloat-15 in the chromium cycle right before the hight chromite which you are going to crush into chromite sand and go though sintering, molten chromium and then cast. But in my posts I stated that I do not entirely rely on the chromium ore for processing. The old soil > solid separator to sand > classifier for rich dust > solid separator for chromite sand and iron oxides still works. I use 40 soil extractors to warehouse then belt them to 10x solid separators, 10x classifiers, 10x solid separator, 10x electric arc furnace, but only needed 5x casting units to keep the warehouse supplied with bars of chromium. This keeps you with a good supply of chromite sand in the early stages until you can build the chromite ore processing chain next to it where you can then feed the crushed hight chromite into the warehouse feeding your electric arc furnaces. Leave enough room because you will want to then pull that chromite sand out, feed through reduction and sintering, feed back into that warehouse and then you can convert the EAF to using sintered chromium and feed that out. Chromium will be just barely enough until you get to the point where you can feed in the sintered chromium then you are fat city. Don't forget that you will get a lot of chromite sand out of the industrial diamond chain and you will want to feed that back into the warehouse for whatever stage of the chain you are in.

The beauty of this is you have a constant supply of chromite sand until you can get it balanced out and gave me critical supplies that I needed. Using the soil extractors on the first leg, I got sand to feed into the classifiers, organic matter, coarse fraction and limestone. That limestone was then fed out through belts to create lime and carbon dioxide. The lime was then fed to create calcium carbide and the CO2 was piped down to storage tanks for feeding into the electric arc furnaces melting the chromite sand. Feed out the organic matter to fertilizer production and the coarse fraction into destructive distillation columns for tar processing. After the sand was fed into the classifiers, not only did I get the rich dust, but I had gravel to go into filtration media processing. I then feed the rich dust which gave the chromite sand and had the iron oxide for recipes that require it. Avoid the temptation to melt the iron oxide for iron plates as you will need it for recipes later on.

The chromium complex is huge so you need to plan ahead on it, put it twice as far away as you think it will be before you start clogging your main base, then you might want to go a lot further because it is going to be wide. But on the side where you are processing your chromite ore, make sure you have plenty of height because there are 17 tiers you need to lay out and feed down to get to gold. You must do this to proceed as gold is required for electronics to make the High Tech Science packs.

I think I saw some posts where players say they want to keep their bases to a minimal size. I almost fell out of my chair laughing. You can do that with base version of the game, by when you do the Pyanadon mods, you are going to exponentially increase your base size with each mod you activate. Pyanodon cracks me up because that dude doesn't do anything small. I think one gamer put it best when someone asked advice on how many Pyanodon mods should he activate. The answer that was given was "how much do you hate yourself and want to be punished?" :mrgreen:

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

You can keep your base to a minimal size as long as you're ok with .01 red circuits a second!

Yeah I think that maybe PyHT multiplied with PyRO is just too much for me. Or, at least too much for my PC. Do the rest of the mods still work without PyRO? I will have to go check kingarthur's thread. Maybe I'll try that after all the mods upgrade to 0.17, then I can stop whining in here. I'm finding that I enjoy the complexity of these mods but not the scale, and PyRO is more about scale than complexity.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:14 pm
You can keep your base to a minimal size as long as you're ok with .01 red circuits a second!

Yeah I think that maybe PyHT multiplied with PyRO is just too much for me. Or, at least too much for my PC. Do the rest of the mods still work without PyRO? I will have to go check kingarthur's thread. Maybe I'll try that after all the mods upgrade to 0.17, then I can stop whining in here. I'm finding that I enjoy the complexity of these mods but not the scale, and PyRO is more about scale than complexity.
all pymods can be turned off, excepy pycp which is the base mod.
pY Coal processing mod

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:14 pm
Yeah, that's why I decided to restart my low resources Deathworld game -
(not lost, just tedious with being in practice limited to 2 miners for iron until I research some Science 2 weaponry and can kill blue biters / worms)
because I fucked up wasting too much time, sitting on a chain of (mostly) single buildings for Science 1...

Also wasting time on useless research, and iron on useless buildings - (at that point) - the current alpha Py versions doesn't exactly make it easy to avoid falling into these kind of traps !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

Hey, Pyanodon..

Since 0.17 has been released, the science-packs are renamed as different technology key point.. So, will there be any rename plan for the PY suite science-packs..?

Kitty can give some advice here:

red - fawogae pack (It only used one special material that perhaps only produce on THAT planet)
green - basical scientific research pack (You can see a bunch of stringed-instrument-styled production, which called as labratory instrument)
blue - resign pack (It is real that most of the new Pyanodonian give up when they meet with this pack)
purple - ore research pack (Although its recipe doesn't used many different ores, it does used more different ores them the previous ones)
gold - hightech pack (Kitty didn't think out a better idea)
milk - milk simulation pack (Yes, that's the quantom computer's main recipe)

And still there's no PYmod altered the weapon system, the black one don't even need to change its name.

Hope this can help you..! :P

Meow..!
This is Liwers 'Kitty' Loor, a extremly very cute kitty.. Meow..! :P

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

liwers wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:06 pm

blue - resign pack (It is real that most of the new Pyanodonian give up when they meet with this pack)

Hahaha made me laugh :) Thanks :lol:

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Cardoyle wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:30 pm
liwers wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Hahaha made me laugh :) Thanks :lol:
well blue science is the largest wall both in py (circuit 2 & massive increase in the number of metals used) and in vanilla ( because of oil and trains )

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Alpha version for 0.17 released.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What do u think about recipe for producing acetylene from methane? So we'll don't need so many coke for acytelene ;) - 2 methane = 1 acetylene + 3 hydrogen
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

and for what you wanna save your coke?
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am
and for what you wanna save your coke?
For activated carbon :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

One of our Chinese Community associates reported a.. Kitty didn't understand, if it is a bug, or balancing issue..?

He said, he was making a 225/min for red/green/blue and yellow science-packs, which needs:

Iron plate, 27K,
Copper plate, 15.5K,
Tin plate,14.3K,
Glass, 10K,
Aluminium plate, 6K,
Silver plate, 0.7K,
Zinc Plate, 21K

These requirements seemed OK, however, whether use Zinc 2 or Molten Zinc, all required almost 4 times of iron plate..

Even he used tailings to make iron oxide was still not enough for this Zinc plate production..

He asked if it's a balancing issue that THIS situation of iron plate requirement is insufferable..

And another thing, this should be feedback in pyIndustry, but for your convenient to reply, Kitty write it here:

Turns out the gasvent and the sinkhole cannot automatically match their correct recipe for void, since the 0.17 update, it required to place them after the piplelines are set.. This means, if the Robots place a sinkhole right before ITS pipe be placed, IT cannot run in order..

Please reply ASAP, Kitty is almost drove crazy by this dude..! : :cry:

Meow..!
This is Liwers 'Kitty' Loor, a extremly very cute kitty.. Meow..! :P

woniubbg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by woniubbg »

liwers wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:10 am
One of our Chinese Community associates reported a.. Kitty didn't understand, if it is a bug, or balancing issue..?

He said, he was making a 225/min for red/green/blue and yellow science-packs, which needs:

Iron plate, 27K,
Copper plate, 15.5K,
Tin plate,14.3K,
Glass, 10K,
Aluminium plate, 6K,
Silver plate, 0.7K,
Zinc Plate, 21K

These requirements seemed OK, however, whether use Zinc 2 or Molten Zinc, all required almost 4 times of iron plate..

Even he used tailings to make iron oxide was still not enough for this Zinc plate production..

He asked if it's a balancing issue that THIS situation of iron plate requirement is insufferable..

And another thing, this should be feedback in pyIndustry, but for your convenient to reply, Kitty write it here:

Turns out the gasvent and the sinkhole cannot automatically match their correct recipe for void, since the 0.17 update, it required to place them after the piplelines are set.. This means, if the Robots place a sinkhole right before ITS pipe be placed, IT cannot run in order..

Please reply ASAP, Kitty is almost drove crazy by this dude..! : :cry:

Meow..!
its 225/min for red/green/blue and purple science-pack and 300/min electronic-circuit3
and recalculate which needs:
Iron plate(not calculated zinc plate costs ) 32K
Copper plate, 15.5K,
Tin plate,15K,
Glass, 10.5K,
Aluminium plate, 3K,
Silver plate, 1.56K,
Gold plate 0.24K
Zinc Plate, 21K
nexelit plate 6K
chrome plate 10K
coke 100K