Cracker. sounds cool :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by Ronin »

Hey Pyanodon,

Read the forums and like the new buildings that are coming along.

As a West Texas boy, been around oil fields all my life and have a few gas wells on our land. Pieces that are not clear to me is how this setup is supposed to proceed? In the base game, we just found oil. YAY! :roll: But that is not the reality of life. You have the seismic trucks that roll onto the land, seismic charges that are set to reveal the underground structures, analysis, and the cost/risk of proceeding to exploration. Once a site is chosen, you need to build the pad for the derrick to sit upon. You need a deposit of caliche dirt handy to truck in an build up that pad. Afterwards they begin drilling. You need drill pipe, casings, drill heads, and drilling mud (bentoninite solution) for drilling that well. Let's not forget that there is directional drilling methods available for using the same drill rig to reach other close by formations that may hold resources. We also have fracking that is available to open up those structures and make them more productive.

I hope to see some of these industry based practices included in this mod. The fracking and directional drilling could be used to increase the flow of an existing well, or we have had wells collapse because the fracking collapsed the structures it was supposed to open up just making it a hole in the ground. One reality of life is that you drill a hole looking for oil, you may wind up with one hell of a gas well and no need to proceed further and vice versa. Some of the wells will also produce both oil and natural gas so that has to be split off into multiple pipelines to different refineries. And speaking of that, the gas that comes out of the well is rich petroleum gas. That is piped into multiple feeder lines and down to a natural gas processing refinery. I don't want to bore you with what all goes on inside the plant (my dad was a foreman at one when I was a kid) but there is a few items that should be taken into consideration. The rich gas goes through several beds, centrifuges, and distillation towers where the propane and butane is split off leaving just the natural gas that you use in your house and the stink is added so you can smell it. Another byproduct that you get comes straight out of the rich gas lines and that is condensate, otherwise known as drip. It is close to gasoline and will burn in old vehicles although it knocks and pings like hell, but once refined a little it is turned into gasoline.

Not sure what is usable from this, but some ideas to take into consideration.

omegaton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omegaton »

The mod looks nice

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ronin wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:35 pm
Hey Pyanodon,

Read the forums and like the new buildings that are coming along.

As a West Texas boy, been around oil fields all my life and have a few gas wells on our land. Pieces that are not clear to me is how this setup is supposed to proceed? In the base game, we just found oil. YAY! :roll: But that is not the reality of life. You have the seismic trucks that roll onto the land, seismic charges that are set to reveal the underground structures, analysis, and the cost/risk of proceeding to exploration. Once a site is chosen, you need to build the pad for the derrick to sit upon. You need a deposit of caliche dirt handy to truck in an build up that pad. Afterwards they begin drilling. You need drill pipe, casings, drill heads, and drilling mud (bentoninite solution) for drilling that well. Let's not forget that there is directional drilling methods available for using the same drill rig to reach other close by formations that may hold resources. We also have fracking that is available to open up those structures and make them more productive.

I hope to see some of these industry based practices included in this mod. The fracking and directional drilling could be used to increase the flow of an existing well, or we have had wells collapse because the fracking collapsed the structures it was supposed to open up just making it a hole in the ground. One reality of life is that you drill a hole looking for oil, you may wind up with one hell of a gas well and no need to proceed further and vice versa. Some of the wells will also produce both oil and natural gas so that has to be split off into multiple pipelines to different refineries. And speaking of that, the gas that comes out of the well is rich petroleum gas. That is piped into multiple feeder lines and down to a natural gas processing refinery. I don't want to bore you with what all goes on inside the plant (my dad was a foreman at one when I was a kid) but there is a few items that should be taken into consideration. The rich gas goes through several beds, centrifuges, and distillation towers where the propane and butane is split off leaving just the natural gas that you use in your house and the stink is added so you can smell it. Another byproduct that you get comes straight out of the rich gas lines and that is condensate, otherwise known as drip. It is close to gasoline and will burn in old vehicles although it knocks and pings like hell, but once refined a little it is turned into gasoline.

Not sure what is usable from this, but some ideas to take into consideration.

We looked a lot into that subject and while youre correct, factorio have severe limitations that can only be made with someone very pro into lua coding, a person we didnt have. So we will stick with the "yay, we found oil here" limitation. Fracking will come as a mega structure.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings...today we finished the CMD Extractor (Coalbed Methane Deposit). A good way to get lots of methane from the planet. If you keep the feed of requirements from that machine.

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Wow niiiiice :) Could these deposites be infinte like oil patches in vanilla? With decreasing count of resources?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:17 pm
Wow niiiiice :) Could these deposites be infinte like oil patches in vanilla? With decreasing count of resources?
Dunno yet....i have plans to be finite.
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:21 pm
aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:17 pm
Dunno yet....i have plans to be finite.
what will it require to run? diamonds?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings... today we finished the Guar Plantation. Only one or two buildings left to end the sprites phase.

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Wow looks nice another part of PY Alien life Processing?
Guar is agricultural plant like ralesia?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:29 pm
Wow looks nice another part of PY Alien life Processing?
Guar is agricultural plant like ralesia?
yes
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Heyo! Today we finished our mega-structure, the Fracking Rig. This big boy can extract copious amounts of underground resources if you feed it with the requirements for it. It can extract Oil, Salt-water or Natural gas.

What to do now? Well...it will start the tedious "behind the scene" coding, sound and minor graphics making (icons, techs, resources etc...). This time i will try to show screenshots when i got a functional step.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Oooohooo we'll have natural gas thnaks pyanodon so may be we'll have some compatibility with angel's :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:38 pm
Oooohooo we'll have natural gas thnaks pyanodon so may be we'll have some compatibility with angel's :)
Pretty sure as always that's my problem to handle

omegaton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omegaton »

I can not wait to see this mod.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Its so good when the first recipes started to make a lil chain :D

pY Coal processing mod

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:38 pm
Its so good when the first recipes started to make a lil chain :D

Looking good. Is that a new storage tank holding steam or have I just not noticed it before?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Looking good. Is that a new storage tank holding steam or have I just not noticed it before?
haha no. It part of pyIndustry since several updates ago.
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:18 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:46 pm

haha no. It part of pyIndustry since several updates ago.
a graph/diagram would be nice since i can see a new fluid there

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Yeah looks cool but we want to watch for diagram i fully agree with immortal_sniper1 8-)

Return to “PyMods”