How active is the forum?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
darkflashz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How active is the forum?

Post by darkflashz »

It seems like people rarely post here. Or is it just me? its like the forum is dead with it the game as well, I love this game and I feel like the forum should be more alive,
I know that not much people bought or heard of the game but it doesnt mean this should die :D the game is awesome as well as it community..

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: How active is the forum?

Post by micomico »

darkflashz wrote:It seems like people rarely post here. Or is it just me? its like the forum is dead with it the game as well, I love this game and I feel like the forum should be more alive,
I know that not much people bought or heard of the game but it doesnt mean this should die :D the game is awesome as well as it community..
I find new posts in the forums every visit I make. I visit the forums a lot.

I don't reply much as I'm a bit anti-social. Nevertheless, the forums don't seem dead to me.

Maybe you can help and post some of your creations, suggestions and what not.

darkflashz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by darkflashz »

Im trying to do so. Im working on challenge maps mostly.. i have one uploaded too,
I am just waiting on feedback and i might do more if people like it.
Thank you for the replay good sir :)

Mangledpork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mangledpork »

The forums are quiet because the game is quiet. As time goes on and sales increase, so will forum activity. Go tell your friends about the game!
Anyway, there's still plenty of activity, and a bunch of new topics every day. I'm doing my part by posting wherever it's helpful, particularly in gameplay help, to try and promote use of the forums.

darkflashz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by darkflashz »

Yep i know the game is selling for now fairly little. with around 40k people .. I know its a small community, But i thought it would be a bit better for a game so amazing as this :/
anyway thanks for the replay

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Come back, when they released the multiplayer version. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

General Discussion is pretty dead, and I blame:

a) ssilk, for making so many subforums
b) The community, for actually posting in the right subforum

:lol:

if you check View active topics, you will see plenty new posts all the time.

DanielHall15
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DanielHall15 »

I'm a guy that likes to talk about his games constantly and this is right now the #2 game for me, behind OOTP Baseball. I'm having a colossal thread going at those forums with my fictional team and the ups and downs (currently downs...). If I'm on it, it's hard to shut me up. :P

However, looking at the forums here and the subforum where you show off your creations? I see those gigantic arrays of ... stuff, and I - not having built a single blue beaker in this game yet - go like "Sheesh, Daniel, you suck. Don't you dare ever actually post in there. Nobody's going to give a crap, and they will throw rocks at you. Or possibly wall elements..." - I have nothing to show off here, unfortunately, apart from how I'm not getting stuff done even in the early game. :(

Factorian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Factorian »

Post anyway! If you want an active forum be part of what makes it active, if you feel your factories arent up to scratch then post pictures and ask for pointers, tips for improvement ect, then the forums are more active, and you get the conversation you are after! plus you get free tips to go with it, its a win win win situation!

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Quiet?!
I had to adjust my rss reader to poll every 6 hours instead of default 24.
(The server doesn't like providing longer histories, poll once every 24 hours resulted in lost items)

Yes, the reasons for that adjustment might have passed, but I still consider the post-activity considereably high.
Especially since rss cannot "mute" the modding section :P
I barely keep up with reading just the topic headlines.
Following all posts on the forum? Seems impossible to me..

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

For everyone in the northern hemisphere it's summer time. People enjoying good weather!
I predict more activity with multiplayer update and autumn :)

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

I have no idea what you are talking about. The forum dead? What? The forum is pretty active, for a not-million sales game.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by undeadnightorc »

I hang out out /r/factorio over at reddit. There seems to be quite a bit of activity there.

But then again, the forums here are all divided into sections. Whereas over at reddit all types of discussion are in one place.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Both Factorio and Reddit took off after Nerd Cubed did a video on the game. It seems like reddit took off even more though, plenty of people asking questions :mrgreen:

Ric
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ric »

As ssilk has stated, once multi comes out you'll see the forums explode with activity.

That's what I'm waiting for anyway & I have 2 mates with the game that are also waiting for multi, ready to go! :D
"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it's half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

darkflashz wrote:It seems like people rarely post here. Or is it just me? its like the forum is dead with it the game as well, I love this game and I feel like the forum should be more alive,
You and I must be reading a different forum, chatting in a different IRC channel and playing another game. They're all lively from where I'm sitting.

Return to “General discussion”