[0.17.x] Earlier Research Queue

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

3hose
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.x] Earlier Research Queue

Post by 3hose »

The Idea
Research Queue slot opened with each science pack research completed.

What ?
I would like to see a queue that expanded with each science pack research that is completed. So green research completion would open 1 queue slot, blue would open a 2nd, etc. Instead of waiting until the end of common research That is a lot of game pauses to select research.

Why ?
It is frustrating to pause the game on each and every tech completion to select one at a time research until all the single term research is done while playing vanilla. Just does not make sense to me why you would wait to have a tool to do a job when the job is almost over. That is like digging 29' of a 30' trench with a garden spade and THEN the boss hands you the keys to the trencher. :?

Awesome game and great update from what I can tell so far. Over 4200 hours in the game and I still love it. Kudos to the dev's for doing it right, especially in a world of half baked games these days.

Edit: Added version to subject
Last edited by 3hose on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Earlier Research Queue

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

AlexAegis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AlexAegis »

Nice, it would give a sense of progression for the queue feature.

ahydra447
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ahydra447 »

I must have missed something, as the research queue and toolbar have been available for me from the beginning of every game I've played in 0.17. Meanwhile, when my brother and I played multiplayer yesterday he was not able to use the toolbar without the console command, but was able to use the research queue.

To be honest these are such good QoL features that they should be available from the beginning of the game anyway.

See also viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65741

3hose
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 3hose »

ahydra447 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:54 pm
I must have missed something, as the research queue and toolbar have been available for me from the beginning of every game I've played in 0.17. Meanwhile, when my brother and I played multiplayer yesterday he was not able to use the toolbar without the console command, but was able to use the research queue.
Yea, these little quirks are a part of almost all big updates.

On this note: I started playing after watching Xterminator's 0.17 feature video so I had an idea of what to expect. I started on 0.17.04. If memory serves me well the individual toolbar features were not enableable ( I think I just made up a new word :lol: ). I saved the game and used cheat code to enter God mode and did all research so I could plan a little better, which enabled all features of the toolbar. When I loaded my save, all the toolbar features were still available. At this point I am a little confused of what interface was actually intended by the dev's (since I can't be sure of my memory).
To be honest these are such good QoL features that they should be available from the beginning of the game anyway.
I agree with the toolbar being available from game start. The queue I feel the progression would add to the game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”