[0.17] How to (temporarily) let go of the "Reserved Slot" hand?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Kirdow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17] How to (temporarily) let go of the "Reserved Slot" hand?

Post by Kirdow »

I just started my first playthrough in the 0.17 update, and I just stumbled upon my first inventory management change that actually cause me a headache.

In 0.16 when I had full inventory, I just crafted a new chest, picked up an item so the chest reappear in that slot, place the chest, open it and put in items.

Reading the FFF each week and also checking Xterminators' video on it each week (shout out :) ) I noticed the change with the new quickbar that you will now have a hand in a slot where an item was, and figured that could potentially cause problems.

As I had guessed, I currently have a full inventory after ctrl clicking some furnaces and clicking belts. I of course crafted a chest, but when I pick up an item there's now the hand as shown in the FFF few weeks ago, and, how do I abort that hand to get my chest in? Of course at the current stage I do have furnaces near me so problem solved but picture me not having any sort of extra inventory nearby, nor have any inventory based item on me, how would I solve this then?

Thanks!

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17] How to (temporarily) let go of the "Reserved Slot" hand?

Post by Mr. Tact »

'q' to drop the item you are holding? (the reason for my question mark is this seems so obvious, it seems I must be misunderstanding what you are saying)
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Kirdow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kirdow »

Mr. Tact wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:19 pm
'q' to drop the item you are holding? (the reason for my question mark is this seems so obvious, it seems I must be misunderstanding what you are saying)
This drops the stack back into the slot where the hand is instead of removing the hand and letting the chest finish crafting.
Remember, my inventory is full, and I'm trying to craft a chest, but when I pick up an item to free a slot for the chest to land in, as you could do in 0.16, 0.17 now adds a hand there so items WONT enter that slot, so my question is how would I go ahead and remove that hand temporarily (like pressing a key and the "reserved slot" hand disappears) and thus allow the chest to finish crafting?

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

Kirdow wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:51 pm
Remember, my inventory is full, and I'm trying to craft a chest, but when I pick up an item to free a slot for the chest to land in, as you could do in 0.16, 0.17 now adds a hand there so items WONT enter that slot, so my question is how would I go ahead and remove that hand temporarily (like pressing a key and the "reserved slot" hand disappears) and thus allow the chest to finish crafting?
You... you can't. This is what the hand is for, so what you are describing is not allowed to happen, ever. You have to find somewhere to put what's in your hand first.

Kirdow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kirdow »

CDarklock wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:54 pm
Kirdow wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:51 pm
You... you can't. This is what the hand is for, so what you are describing is not allowed to happen, ever. You have to find somewhere to put what's in your hand first.
Aight, I'll try being more careful then. Thanks :)

Return to “Gameplay Help”