[Oxyd] [0.17.3] Crash possibly related to the tech tree. (GameView::loadGuiForController -> TechnologyGui)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Marc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.17.3] Crash possibly related to the tech tree. (GameView::loadGuiForController -> TechnologyGui)

Post by Marc »

I've been getting a repeating crash with the attached save the first time was upon closing the tech tree. Two other times it crashed involving the tech tree. Three other times it did not involve the tech tree. I opened a previous autosave and it ran for about 10 minutes then crashed upon loading the tech tree.
Attachments
17crash.zip
(6.42 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
factorio-current.log
(7.82 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [0.17.3] Crash possibly related to the tech tree. (GameView::loadGuiForController -> TechnologyGui)

Post by Oxyd »

You have a research running, but your research queue is empty. That's not supposed to be possible. Can you remember how that happened?

Marc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.17.3] Crash possibly related to the tech tree. (GameView::loadGuiForController -> TechnologyGui)

Post by Marc »

In both cases, the version uploaded and the previous version, I cancelled the research being performed in the tech tree. Despite cancelling it, research continued.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

I've added a migration to 0.17.4 that will fix your save, but I haven't been able to track down the root cause of this problem, so you might get more crashes in the future – hopefully, though, they'll be easier to debug. So if you get any more crashes in .4 and later, definitely let us know!

Marc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Marc »

I actually found a workaround. Simply select a research, then cancel it. This must be done before the non-queued research completes as the game crashes on research completion.

I have been unable to reproduce the condition of a research running while the queue is empty.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”