[0.17.3] Portable Fusion Reactor research dependency

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Quia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.3] Portable Fusion Reactor research dependency

Post by Quia »

The portable fusion reactor should either not require military science to research, as it's not inherently combat equipment, or the tech should be dependent on having researched mil science packs like all other combat equipment.

Rocketry should also be dependent on military science now that it's purely weaponry.
Screenshot 2019-02-28 23.44.02.png
Screenshot 2019-02-28 23.44.02.png (615.09 KiB) Viewed 2963 times

V453000
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.3] Portable Fusion Reactor research dependency

Post by V453000 »

Wow how have I missed those. Thank you for the report. Fixed in next version.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Do you want a list of other technology situations like this (science not yet researched, yet technology is "available" to research), or are you able to tackle all of them without us helping?

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

You added military science as a pre-requisite now. I thought a design goal was to make military science optional. See removing rocket research from the rocket silo for example. The fusion reactor is absolutely essential for power armor. Which isn't just used for combat, but often as a construction suit with personal roboports. A better idea would be to remove the military science and maybe slightly increase the cost of the other sciences if you care about the overall cost

Tongs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tongs »

I agree. It does not make sense that portal fusion reactor requires military science. It simply provides power: it can support combat items such as personal laser defense, but it is not inherently combat-related. I could cram my power armor full of exoskeletons and personal roboports instead.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”