Manually clearing inventory clears too much

Bugs that are actually features.
LucidMoses
Inserter
Inserter

Manually clearing inventory clears too much

Post by LucidMoses »

We've lost the ability to clear most of your inventory.
It used to be you could open a chest, Ctrl-Left click and all your inventory would be pushed to the chest (that fit).
In 0.17.1 This also clears your hot bar. Meaning you can't automatically keep some basic things and you have to stand there and manually re-add up to 20 items. (oh boy we are having fun now :p ) I understand the changes you made to the system so I 'Locked' some items but they still get cleared. I can see why transferring locked items can be important some times so I've tried all combinations of ctrl,shift,alt, click,right click and middle click.
I've tried clearing everything and letting bots refill it but that means I have to go back to the base and/or stand around and wait. Besides it fills your logistics deliver slots and there are too few of them already.

As far as I can tell this feature is broken.

Included screen shoot.
Attachments
ClearInventory.png
ClearInventory.png (102.53 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Manually clearing inventory clears too much

Post by CDarklock »

LucidMoses wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 am
It used to be you could open a chest, Ctrl-Left click and all your inventory would be pushed to the chest (that fit).
Specifically, control-left click an EMPTY SPOT in your inventory to push your whole inventory. Or control-left click a specific item in your inventory to push only that item. So you can selectively clear your inventory. When I didn't know you could lock items, I used this all the time, and now it's a habit.
I understand the changes you made to the system so I 'Locked' some items but they still get cleared.
I don't think "locked" means the same thing it used to. Maybe this isn't intended, but it seems like "locked" means "only this kind of item can go here" - not "this item never ever moves." I mean it's called "toggle filter" so maybe "locked" isn't even the right word anymore. But some of the behaviour around it does seem weird.

I'm honestly not sure whether this is a bug, or we actually don't understand the changes to the system. ;)

LucidMoses
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LucidMoses »

CDarklock, Thanks for trying to help but that doesn't address the actual issues at all.
I know how to move things (hundreds of hours and second mega-base). What's been broken is the ability to not move some things when you ctrl-click a empty slot (i.e. the subject line). I also know what 'locked' used to do but since there has obviously been a change I listed what I tried to see what it changed too. As is I can't find how to keep basic items from being cleared like 0.16 did and always having to put back a bunch of items gets pretty old fast.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Welcome to the new quickbar. That's working as intended. It's terrible.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

_italics_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by _italics_ »

Perhaps it could be possible to lock some of the inventory slots?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Welcome to the new quickbar. That's working as intended. Its consistent and great! :)

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

kovarex wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 am
Welcome to the new quickbar. That's working as intended. Its consistent and great! :)
Consistently terrible?

(unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try 0.17 yet and won't for a couple weeks, so take my feedback with half a grain of salt) :cry:
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

LucidMoses
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LucidMoses »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:30 am
Welcome to the new quickbar. That's working as intended. It's terrible.
Pretty Odd that the devs would intend to take a great and useful feature away.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

LucidMoses wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 am
Pretty Odd that the devs would intend to take a great and useful feature away.
I keep hoping that they'll add a dash of behavioral configurability to the quickbar...

Things like being able to control:
  1. Between a "filter" and "filter+hold" behavior for items in the inventory (to possibly address this issue)
  2. Between manual and automatic filtering for newly picked-up or newly-crafted items (currently, with manual filter only, opening/closing the inventory happens a lot more, especially in early game)
  3. Being able to craft depleted items directly from the quickbar
But... then again: There's a mod for that™

Return to “Not a bug”