Suggestion: Repair Tools by armor

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gandamir
Inserter
Inserter

Suggestion: Repair Tools by armor

Post by Gandamir »

There is a vacated slot where the pickaxe used to be. It would make sense to put the repair tools here for quick access.

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Suggestion: Repair Tools by armor

Post by MiniHerc »

Gandamir wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:21 pm
There is a vacated slot where the pickaxe used to be. It would make sense to put the repair tools here for quick access.
Disagree. Why do you think that would make sense? Repair tools are something that I always put in the hot/quickbar for keybind access.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Ambaire wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:58 pm
Gandamir wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:21 pm
Disagree. Why do you think that would make sense? Repair tools are something that I always put in the hot/quickbar for keybind access.
Allow a built in hotkey for them. Sounds right to me.
You put them in the hot/quickbar for keybind access. If there was a dedicated slot for them, with a dedicated hotkey, would you not use it?

In any case, I would prefer using that slot for construction robots for a personal roboport or something.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Or bring the Pickaxes / Melee Weapons back !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

Or place Construction robots here instead of inventory (after player gets personal roboport).

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

leadraven wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:35 am
Or place Construction robots here instead of inventory (after player gets personal roboport).
This !
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Repair Tool in (old) Pickaxe Slot

Post by conn11 »

TL;DR
Being able to place the Repair tool (1 stack to be more precisely) in the old slot for the pickaxe

What ?
It should be possible zu use it exactly like before, but without opening the inventory or having a link in the hotbar. So to have in effect a extra inventory slot, reserved for the repair tool. Bots should most likely not be able to use it, so it’s for manual use only.
Why ?
The repair tool is needed universally and in the pre bot age (or in scenarios not applying them) a strictly manual tool. Considering not to enter your inventory for such a frequent necessity, for example take a drive in your base, it’s necessary to stick the repair tool in some or all your Hotbars or to often switch between them. Although both are working solutions, they strike me as suboptimal, because repetitive and limiting your free Hotbar links. Considering the repair tool is as of .17 the only handtool (not considering blueprints, plus they are already accessible independently), reviving the old pickaxe slot seems a plausible quality of life solution. Furthermore the players GUI would effectively not beeing filled any more.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”