Bug Reports forum - Organization for Resolved issues

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Bug Reports forum - Organization for Resolved issues

Post by invisus »

I could be wrong, but it seems that the previous "Fixed in 0.17.x" forum/subforum at the top of the Bug Reports forum was renamed to Resolved Problems and Bugs. Given the number of pages/topics listed it makes sense that this is what happened.

However, there is also now a Resolved for the next release forum.

I see many topics tagged with "[0.17]" in the title in both forums, however... why are there now two forums to list to show bugs fixed in 0.17.x? I can't really spot duplicates between the two forums, so I'm just confused as to why a bug that was present in, or fixed for 0.17.x, can get moved into one of two possible forums.

Is there a specific purpose behind the Resolved for the next release forum that I'm missing?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bug Reports forum - Organization for Resolved issues

Post by DaveMcW »

Resolved Problems and Bugs means you can play with the fix right now.
Resolved for the next release means you cannot play with it yet.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

DaveMcW wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:45 am
So when an issue tagged with "[0.17]" is fixed, it gets placed in Resolved for the next release forum, and once that "next release" is... well, released, then the topic is moved to the Resolved Problems and Bugs forum?

Seems like a lot of busy work, and I don't remember it working that way before, but I suppose it makes sense.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

invisus wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:45 pm
DaveMcW wrote:
So when an issue tagged with "[0.17]" is fixed, it gets placed in Resolved for the next release forum, and once that "next release" is... well, released, then the topic is moved to the Resolved Problems and Bugs forum?

Seems like a lot of busy work, and I don't remember it working that way before, but I suppose it makes sense.
It's been that way for at least the last couple major versions.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

invisus wrote:
DaveMcW wrote:

It has been working that way for years. The second step (moving to resolved problems and bugs on release) is automated. This means that the only thing we devs have to do to a post when we solve the issue is: Reply that it's solved and move it to "solved for the next version". We do the same to posts that aren't bugs, duplicates, pending posts, etc.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

Bilka wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:08 pm
It has been working that way for years. The second step (moving to resolved problems and bugs on release) is automated. This means that the only thing we devs have to do to a post when we solve the issue is: Reply that it's solved and move it to "solved for the next version". We do the same to posts that aren't bugs, duplicates, pending posts, etc.
Ah awesome, thank you for taking the time to reply and explain!

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Bilka wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:08 pm
invisus wrote:
DaveMcW wrote:

Do you know why moving them always marks them all as unread?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:14 pm
Nope, no idea. I think that started when the forum was updated. Thankfully you can mark entire subforums as read :)
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Bilka wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:03 pm
Jap2.0 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:14 pm
Nope, no idea. I think that started when the forum was updated. Thankfully you can mark entire subforums as read :)
Except that some of them are legitimately unread....
I'm not sure if I'll go with marking it all as unread or continue to spam opening them in new tabs and closing them a few seconds later :P

Return to “This Forum”