Information about releases and roadmap.
grumd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.0

Post by grumd »

crambaza wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:09 pm
I haven't loaded the new version yet, but I think there is something missing from the patch notes.

It was my understanding that assembling machine 1 could handle 3 ingredients now.

The official wiki though doesn't have this updated either.

Which means that assembling machine 2 requires green research, and green research requires inserters, and inserters require assembling machine 2…

I'm sure once I get a chance to log in, I'll see that assembly machine 1 did change, but that does mean that the patch notes, and the wiki have incorrect information.
Yesss please, the patch notes are lacking the information about assemblers' changed ingrediuents limits! I wasted so much time handcrafting green science yesterday, this should be in the patch notes

Saito
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Saito »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Changes
  • Stickers can by applied onto cars and tanks now.
Hi Folks,

can someone please explain to me what this means? I've never heard of "Stickers" Related to Factorio and i'm quite puzzled. Google didn't give me an answer.
Sorry for my rusted English, not my main Language.

Thanks in Advance :)

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

grumd wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:50 pm
crambaza wrote:
I haven't loaded the new version yet, but I think there is something missing from the patch notes.

It was my understanding that assembling machine 1 could handle 3 ingredients now.

Which means that assembling machine 2 requires green research, and green research requires inserters, and inserters require assembling machine 2…

I'm sure once I get a chance to log in, I'll see that assembly machine 1 did change, but that does mean that the patch notes, and the wiki have incorrect information.
Yesss please, the patch notes are lacking the information about assemblers' changed ingrediuents limits! I wasted so much time handcrafting green science yesterday, this should be in the patch notes
All assembler types have no ingredient limits. For example, you can now make yellow inserters with level 1 assembler. You needed level 2 in 0.16 and before.

Agreed though that this isn't in the release notes. Nor is it that clear that what I've just typed isn't true, since level 1 assemblers cannot handle recipes that require fluids.
Last edited by DRY411S on Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

DRY411S wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:23 pm
grumd wrote:
crambaza wrote:

All assembler types have no ingredient limits. For example, you can now make yellow inserters with level 1 assembler. You needed level 2 in 0.16 and before.
My understanding is there's a 6-ingredient limit. Which is enough for everything in vanilla, but not necessarily mods.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

DRY411S wrote:
grumd wrote:
crambaza wrote:

Agreed though that this isn't in the release notes. Nor is it that clear that what I've just typed isn't true, since level 1 assemblers cannot handle recipes that require fluids.
This ingredient removal thing makes less sense given that you still need an assembling machine 2 or up to handle liquids. You'd figure the same mentality that resulted in the limit removal from the 'lower' assemblers should also result in all assemblers being able to handle fluids.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

wahming wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:27 pm
My understanding is there's a 6-ingredient limit. Which is enough for everything in vanilla, but not necessarily mods.
Possibly. There does not seem to be an ingredient limit stated explicitly in the assembling machine .lua file, like there was in 0.16.

Silden
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Silden »

I'm still seeing blueprints go into my inventory, I thought that was going in 0.17?

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

All the new things, improvements, etc. are very nice but I thought that there would be keyboard shortcuts for the Tool bar actions: blueprint, deconstruction planner, upgrade planner, toggle personal roboport, toggle exoskeleton, but I cannot find it in the controls.
Am I missing something or it is not planned or is this going to be added later?

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

madpav3l wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:03 pm
All the new things, improvements, etc. are very nice but I thought that there would be keyboard shortcuts for the Tool bar actions: blueprint, deconstruction planner, upgrade planner, toggle personal roboport, toggle exoskeleton, but I cannot find it in the controls.
Am I missing something or it is not planned or is this going to be added later?
You can deconstruct with ctrl+X and Ctrl+C should make a blueprint.

MortnMX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MortnMX »

Changes:
Added RGB support for Logitech hardware.
Can anyone tell me how that works. It seems not to work for me.
I enabled it in the settings and deleted my custom profile in the Logitech software.

Thanks for the great update and all the great work @DevTeam ;)

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Btw, what happened to being able to update existing blueprints? Was that cut or did I miss something?

From FFF-250:
The blueprint editing interface (the UI that opens when you right-click a blueprint) will have 2 new buttons:
Reassign: assign new contents to this blueprint. This is helpful when you want to update a blueprint and leave it in the same place in the player inventory, blueprint library or action bar.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Serenity wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:34 pm
Btw, what happened to being able to update existing blueprints? Was that cut or did I miss something?

From FFF-250:
The blueprint editing interface (the UI that opens when you right-click a blueprint) will have 2 new buttons:
Reassign: assign new contents to this blueprint. This is helpful when you want to update a blueprint and leave it in the same place in the player inventory, blueprint library or action bar.
Hello, I don't know how to say it in a way that it wouldn't be missed:
FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:13 pm
Any GUI not mentioned in the finished screens (Quick bar, Train Schedule, Load/Save Game, Settings, Map Generator, Research, Mods) wasn't addressed by the gui rewrite yet. As long as it is generally functional, we

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Oh there it is :oops:

I just skipped to "major features" :p

sarcolopter
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sarcolopter »

what's a "rolling stock"?

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

sarcolopter wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 am
Rail-vehicles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_stock

sarcolopter
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sarcolopter »

lol, just say rail vehicle then

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

DRY411S wrote:

In the game's defense, it does say that in the game, where I expect more players would look for the information.

rantingrodent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rantingrodent »

malventano wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:51 pm
This ingredient removal thing makes less sense given that you still need an assembling machine 2 or up to handle liquids. You'd figure the same mentality that resulted in the limit removal from the 'lower' assemblers should also result in all assemblers being able to handle fluids.
The reasoning was that in Factorio there is little to no correlation between the number of ingredients it takes to craft something and how advanced the item is, so the list of things Assembler Mk I could and couldn't make was a weird arbitrary list. Things that take liquids are all a ways down the tech tree, so that still makes sense.

daemonazazel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daemonazazel »

Love the new quickbar.. but is there any way to build something that I have quickmarked but ran out of without opening the inventory? Like with some modifier key like ALT?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Serenity wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:37 am
sarcolopter wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 am
Rail-vehicles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_stock
Has anybody EVER found it useful to be able to detach/attach rolling stocks? I always just assembled the train on the line as needed.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Releases”