New campaign play through comments

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

HYPPS
Inserter
Inserter

New campaign play through comments

Post by HYPPS »

The biters are way too numerous! I went to hunt the nests at the landing site west and found that the biters were just spawning out of nowhere and not from the nests which I would expect, that doesn't make a lot of sense. So I surrounded their spawn location with a wall and a few turrets, that stopped them in their tracks, and I proceed to take out their nests and worms. When I came back to my base I was surprised to find my east defences were destroyed as well as copper, and there must of been 200+ biters just swarming around the now standing still helper bot. Before they were all chasing him while he was shouting about repair turrets and to put ammo in and skirting around oblivious to the biters. As I loaded the autosave I went back to base and tried to defend but didn't have enough ammo for the 200+ biters about to come in the base and destroy it. They seem to ignore my buildings and start to try and attack the helper bot instead of my buildings(not sure if its a bug but not having everything destroyed after a lot of time put into prevents you from rage quitting, yeah they destroyed copper but most of my base was left unharmed). I've attached everything I think might help analyse this situation. My main concern for the new player is that the biter numbers are too numerous and attacks too frequent, new player is going to struggle to keep up with building automation and likely be doing most things by hand still. I think the helper bot should help out by building more things as examples, that was really nice and maybe even place a ghost image down of a basic smelting setup.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
Save file just before going back to base
(14.9 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
200+ dead biters, helper bot at full hp
200+ dead biters, helper bot at full hp
Screenshot (30).png (7.89 MiB) Viewed 1237 times
about 200+ biters swarming around the helper bot.
about 200+ biters swarming around the helper bot.
Screenshot (27).png (7.31 MiB) Viewed 1237 times
Screenshot (26).png
Screenshot (26).png (5.35 MiB) Viewed 1237 times
demo_17_1_8446_c.jpg
demo_17_1_8446_c.jpg (3 MiB) Viewed 1237 times
demo_17_1_8446_b.jpg
demo_17_1_8446_b.jpg (2.93 MiB) Viewed 1237 times
demo_17_1_8446_a.jpg
demo_17_1_8446_a.jpg (3.2 MiB) Viewed 1237 times

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: New campaign play through comments

Post by abregado »

resolved in new version, although you will still need to automate your defenses if you walk very far from your base for longer periods of time.
Moving to outdated.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”