Factorio 0.17.2 Broke existing feature of remembering blueprint orientation

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Factorio 0.17.2 Broke existing feature of remembering blueprint orientation

Post by factoriouzr »

In 0.16 the rotation of the blueprint would be remembered between placements. For eg. you pick up a blueprint book and you are about to place a blueprint and lets say it's facing north. You press R to rotate it once for eg. then you put it away. Next time you pick up the blueprint book, the blueprint will face north again instead of in the direction you last had it.

This was a feature that I used all the time in 0.16 that is now broken.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio 0.17.2 Broke existing feature of remembering blueprint orientation

Post by Rseding91 »

Are you using the blueprint through the library or do you have it as an actual item in your inventory? If the library - that's why. The library doesn't persist the item - it just deletes it as soon as you press "Q" and so the direction is lost.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:45 am
Are you using the blueprint through the library or do you have it as an actual item in your inventory? If the library - that's why. The library doesn't persist the item - it just deletes it as soon as you press "Q" and so the direction is lost.
I put a link to the blueprint book in the quickbar and use it from there. It needs to save the setting of the rotation same as what broke in 0.17 and was fixed partially in 0.17.2 which is to remember which blueprint you have selected. Ie. in both cases I took the book from the blueprint library and put it into the hotbar directly.

Note that you still can't select a blueprint in a blueprint book by clicking on it nor is it highlighted when the book is open. It's extremely hard to scroll through books with 20+ blueprints each this way.

Maybe this is because the blueprint GUI isn't finished, but It's unclear how you make a copy of a blueprint vs linking it. It was mentioned in a Friday facts that you could do both. By experimenting, it seems that I can take a bp (blueprint) from a book and put it in another book then delete the one from the original book and the one in the new book is kept. If i put a book or blueprint in the hotbar, it links it. Why are these two scenarios different? I feel this is all memorization and not intuitive.

Now how do I make a copy of a blueprint or book that isn't linked to the original?

I think all should be links by default and if you hold shift when picking it up it should make a copy. However this doesn't seem to work.

Also CAN YOU PLEASE PLEASE allow us to re-take blueprints without resetting their descriptions and icons.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, fixed in 0.17.13.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Can you please prioritize the feature of allowing us to re-take existing blueprints but keep their checkboxes of what to blueprint, their icons and description please? We would really love to be able to update existing blueprints without having to re-input all the settings.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

This seems to be broken again for using blueprints and books from the library for 0.17.17

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

This is broken in 0.17.17 and 0.17.18 again. Sorry for the similar post, my previous one wasn't showing up and I also wanted to capture that it's still an issue in 0.17.18.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Any update on this, as I mentioned this was broken again in an update. This is still an outstanding issue.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Fixed rotation not being saved for blueprint books in Version: 0.17.41

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”