Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
momitor04
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by momitor04 »

Thank you for making it possible to switch Tabs on your computer while handcrafting/afking/researching!

osric_athanasius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by osric_athanasius »

So I need to say Thank you to the Devs.

I just finished all the achievements after a couple of years of owning this game.
It has been worth it.
Even with the 1180hrs of my life spent playing.
The value is around 1 to 2 cents per hour.

Just attached the image of my first attempt at a mega base to knock off the last few achievements.
Attachments
427520_20190109231904_1.png
427520_20190109231904_1.png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 8518 times

planetmaker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by planetmaker »

Thank you for this magnificient game!

I recently bought it and after short of 200 hours but a lot of tinkering in the game I launched my first rocket. It started with a somewhat messy starter base, an even messier intermediate one and ended up in a fairly decent base with a main belt and everything important attached to that - and the rocket even started before I had deployed the active provider chests so I got the 'logistics embargo' achievement for free without aiming for it (and 20 other ones during this map) :)

Reading the FFF about the upcoming changes to 0.17, I'm thrilled and I believe as discussed that would make for an even greater game experience.
Hadn't I read about the satellite being necessary, I probably would have launched my first rocket without one - and the changes to science packs sound very solid as well.

My special regards to V453000 from the dev team.

Cheers,
planetmaker

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Thank you

Post by hoho »

CJ5Boss wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:23 pm
hoho wrote:
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:51 am
Thanks indeed. I wish the game would somehow track the time I play it, I'm quite likely nearing or over 1000h already :)

I've been massively disappointed in vast majority of AAA titles released in several years but Factorio has been THE timesink for me for months now.
If you connect it to Steam, steam will track the hours in-game for you.
I made that original comment way back in 2014. I connected to steam as the game came out and this is today :)
f.PNG
f.PNG (41.23 KiB) Viewed 8361 times

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Thank you

Post by CJ5Boss »

hoho wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:44 am
CJ5Boss wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:23 pm
hoho wrote:
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:51 am
Thanks indeed. I wish the game would somehow track the time I play it, I'm quite likely nearing or over 1000h already :)

I've been massively disappointed in vast majority of AAA titles released in several years but Factorio has been THE timesink for me for months now.
If you connect it to Steam, steam will track the hours in-game for you.
I made that original comment way back in 2014. I connected to steam as the game came out and this is today :)

f.PNG
\

LOOOL my b. Wasn't looking at the dates.

Calus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Calus »

Thank you for being so commited to the community.
For discussing details and being open for critisicm.
For putting so much thought into small things, and how to perfect them.

For making this game an absolute blast!

psychomuffin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psychomuffin »

THANK YOU DEVS for all your updates! As always, your thoughts and ideas are great improvements to a game that I thought couldn't be improved any more! You guys really need to do some kind of podcast or TEDtalk about your communication with the community/planning game improvements and your ideas about design and how to make a game fun to play and efficient to run. I foresee you guys not just being great leaders in this game, but great role models for the software industry as a whole.

dorfl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dorfl »

Bought it a couple years ago on Steam. Bought another key at the new price because several thousand hours of entertainment (so far!) deserves more dollars.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Although I have already have said thanks several times in this thread, I would like to do so once more, this time for getting rid of Allegro (which was causing me serious trouble) and writing your own graphics engine.

Most other software companies would never have invested an additional year of development time into replacing their graphics engine, even if it was causing them serious trouble. They would have released their game "as is", and would have made a sequel with the new engine, for which all players would have had to pay the same price again.

Also, most other software companies would have released Factorio already two or three years ago and would be charging for all of their new features in form of DLC.

Therefore, I feel guilty that I only paid 20 Euros for nearly 2000 (!) hours of fun in Factorio. At least, I am doing everything I can to persuade my friends and family to also buy the game.

cl0wnt0wn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cl0wnt0wn »

World-class work!

-CT

Zylor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zylor »

Tekky wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Therefore, I feel guilty that I only paid 20 Euros for nearly 2000 (!) hours of fun in Factorio.
I thought about that aswell. Devs could make a ~5€ DLC for Coffee or something, purely a donation.

rhekis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rhekis »

Just spent an hour playing the new player tutorial.... completly blown away by the polish!
The scripting of the robot follower is an amazing touch. The performance is so much better on my 3440*1440 monitor. I've been playing since maybe 0.12... its amazing and soo gratifying to see how far you've come!!

Everything feels just ... so much better :)
Thank you!

Hottemax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hottemax »

0.17 looks and plays a-maaaaa-zing.

You guys are the best, thank you!

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

This is clearly a game made by DEVs not by marketing drones and blood thirsty CEOs with 10 mistresses and 1 sq km mansion. I wish all of you DEVs those mansions, you deserve them in full!!! (And anything else that you wish for next to them.) :P

LordWampus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LordWampus »

Tekky wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:43 pm
...most other software companies would have released Factorio already two or three years ago and would be charging for all of their new features in form of DLC.
This.
So true.

Big props to Wube for a fantastic job.

capSAR
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by capSAR »

This update is bringing me back to the game after not playing for a few years, thank you devs for this passion project! ❤️

Filterkoffie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Filterkoffie »

Thanks for your hard work! :D

Sneyon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sneyon »

I'm from Brazil, and trying to spread the word about the game here everyday, in my job, in university, for friends at all.

Thank you Wube, by creating the game I was waiting since my birth.
I really love Factorio, and I find it unique, beautiful, amazing from start to now.

You (Entire team) are amazing, and you have my admiration.
I would love to meet and greet everyone some day. Why you don't came for BGS (Brasil Game Show), it's one of the greatest south american gaming events.

Once more, thank you so much for your passion and care with your players, your company, and this superb project called "Factorio".

DustFireSky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DustFireSky »

Thank you for the great game. I spent round about 1000 hours into the game till now. The only other game that hits that mark is Oxygen Not included. Both great games.

The Changes in the 0.17 are very well so far. But imho the biters looks a bit strange. I do not know yet, if i like her. Otherwise really good.

The science pack changes are good, but I think the 30 rails, which always needs steal to make it is a bit to hard. It's good to include more ingredients into the science packs. In 0.16 the rails are not used anywhere. Also the stone walls are used into a science pack. That's good!

I love the game.

Good biting (Biters personal hobby), ah, i mean hunting :D

factory65
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by factory65 »

I've been playing games for thirty eight years. This is one of the best I've ever played. I've enjoyed playing this game for almost 700 hours and will play it some more. Thank you for such a refreshingly bullshit free gaming experience.

Return to “General discussion”