The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
Gymble
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post by Gymble »

It's funny (and very frustrating) to see all of you ending your episode by placing the avatar next to what you where doing so the next one can have a hint on what to do....

... and then the first thing done in the following episode is to go as far away as possible without looking at your feet :D

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Gymble wrote:It's funny (and very frustrating) to see all of you ending your episode by placing the avatar next to what you where doing so the next one can have a hint on what to do....

... and then the first thing done in the following episode is to go as far away as possible without looking at your feet :D
Sssssh don't give away all the fun! One of my favourite quotes so far, in the first two minutes of a game: "Looks like we have power problems. I'll leave them to someone else". Then going off and building more assemblers LOL!

atehxx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by atehxx »

Yeah well I watched almost all of this, and only one thing comes to my mind... You (5 tubers) all are noooobs like OMG :shock: :o :D
Couldn't find anyone who actually plays this game?
Noobs.. facepalms everywhere :P It's like you guys pay attention to like 10% of your screen, when just a quick glance around and it's clear what has been done...
When loading the save you should look at - toolbelt, inventory - what we have here (omg I have few laser turrents since 1 hour and doesn't use them!)... look at where you are and think of possible reason to be there (oh nice gun turrets, they blink no ammo, but f.. this, let's roll to other side of base....)... then think of what should be finished, or built next... maybe some parts are already prepared (nice creation of green inserters right next to green science, wondering why would somebody put it there?)?? :roll: ... 15 steam engines? Lame? Just mine them and move to next task, it's obvious someone had no idea what he was doing :D... come on guys... :) It's so funny to watch this sometimes...

Blackence
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blackence »

atehxx wrote:15 steam engines? Lame? Just mine them and move to next task,
Can you read? Or understand what the guys are saying in their vids? Only minor changes of existing structures are allowed.

Also, where's your youtube channel with pro & "non-n00b" content that is at least as entertaining to watch as the hydra dilemma?

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Gymble wrote:It's funny (and very frustrating) to see all of you ending your episode by placing the avatar next to what you where doing so the next one can have a hint on what to do....

I had noticed this as well :lol: :lol: :lol: I decided not to say anything to the lads about it. Too much opportunity for things to go awry! Which is exactly what we are after.

atehxx wrote:complaints
I'll reply for all five of us.

I think you missed the point of the co-op. Its not supposed to be a manual on super efficient uber awesome factorio designs. Its meant to be screwed up :lol:

I think we're doing a really good job of that and we're exceeding the brief in all areas :lol:

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

-root wrote: I'll reply for all five of us. I think you missed the point of the co-op. Its not supposed to be a manual on super efficient uber awesome factorio designs. Its meant to be screwed up :lol:
I think we're doing a really good job of that and we're exceeding the brief in all areas :lol:
Amen to that! My sentiments, put much more politely.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Blackence wrote:
atehxx wrote:15 steam engines? Lame? Just mine them and move to next task,
Can you read? Or understand what the guys are saying in their vids? Only minor changes of existing structures are allowed.

Also, where's your youtube channel with pro & "non-n00b" content that is at least as entertaining to watch as the hydra dilemma?
Nice to see there are viewers with a brain in their head.. :)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Here we go guys, positive thinking solves many problems!

Positive Thinking! - Factorio - The Hydra Dilemma #16
SPOILER

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

FishSandwich wrote:Here we go guys, positive thinking solves many problems!
Oh, I think there is some hidden [s]topic[/s]subliminal message in your commentary: ;)
FishSandwich wrote:"(What a shit...?!) But that's fine. (I'm shure they did the best shit they could.) I'm fine with it."
:lol:
FishSandwich wrote:
SPOILER
Spoilback
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

I enjoy this series. If Fishsandwitch wants payback for the pranks -root has pulled on him perhaps he should try to convince FKODgaming to do something. Afterall more pranks would probably make the series more entertaining assuming it isn't something repetitive like leaving pockets full of pebbles every time (as opposed to just the first time).

Perhaps my playstyle is different but it seems like everyone just crafts what is needed for the task at hand. When it comes to things like splitters, underground belts, inserters, and assemblers I craft a minimum of 15 at a time unless I'm limited on resources. That way I'm not held up by crafting stuff so often.
Stuff I am waiting to see play out

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

pyrolytic_tungsten wrote:Perhaps my playstyle is different but it seems like everyone just crafts what is needed for the task at hand. When it comes to things like splitters, underground belts, inserters, and assemblers I craft a minimum of 15 at a time unless I'm limited on resources. That way I'm not held up by crafting stuff so often.
I'm like that too. My first assembly machine is not red science packs, but belts and box up a couple of stacks. I get inserters as soon as possible too.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Just a quick note to thank everyone who has been sending me PM's with prank ideas, keep them coming! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

FishSandwich broke water supply for oil processing in 12:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... TpKk#t=763

I wonder how long it takes that someone discover that :) .

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

-root wrote:Just a quick note to thank everyone who has been sending me PM's with prank ideas, keep them coming! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:
I've apparently not posted enough on here to be able to PM, but I do have a good one ;)
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Infectum13 »

Episode 17 - Monumental Building
I will be away next week for work. I put my nose to the grindstone and get some building done.

http://youtu.be/piwBJyklu2w

Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Infectum13 »

ketil wrote:This playthrough is awesome, I really enjoy watching you all :)
Awesome! I'm glad you are enjoying the series.

Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Infectum13 »

sbroadbent wrote:
-root wrote:Just a quick note to thank everyone who has been sending me PM's with prank ideas, keep them coming! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:
I've apparently not posted enough on here to be able to PM, but I do have a good one ;)
You can also leave comments on this forum, or on Reddit. Or on any of our videos.
We read all of them :)

Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Infectum13 »

~root you seem to really have fishsandwich paranoids about pranks, lol.

I think I may have ruined his last prank....oops, LOL.

Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Infectum13 »

Turtle wrote:
pyrolytic_tungsten wrote:Perhaps my playstyle is different but it seems like everyone just crafts what is needed for the task at hand. When it comes to things like splitters, underground belts, inserters, and assemblers I craft a minimum of 15 at a time unless I'm limited on resources. That way I'm not held up by crafting stuff so often.
I'm like that too. My first assembly machine is not red science packs, but belts and box up a couple of stacks. I get inserters as soon as possible too.
That's a great tip!
I know I've learned a ton from watching the other guys play.
Can't wait to add the tips to my own series...where it's a bit less stressful, lol.

Return to “Videos”