Can't change the port to run 2 headless servers at once.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
SmotPokin42000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't change the port to run 2 headless servers at once.

Post by SmotPokin42000 »

I'm trying to run 2 headless servers at the same time, in different directories, 0.16.51 and 0.17.1. For the 0.17.1 setup, I've changed the port= value in config.ini to 34199, however the log shows it opening the default socket 34197 and then erroring. How do I fix this?
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

cybersteel8
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Can't change the port to run 2 headless servers at once.

Post by cybersteel8 »

Try and explicitly include the config.ini path in the command you execute to start the server (the -c option). To test if it is being executed correctly, flick the check update flag so that you can see a change in the output to ensure it's being read correctly.

SmotPokin42000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SmotPokin42000 »

Okay, I found the problem, works perfectly now. I did add the config.ini path to the start command, however, nothing changed. When I went back to the ini file, I finally read this: ; Semicolons (;) at the beginning of the line indicate a comment. Comment lines are ignored. Seems I had port= commented out. :Facepalm:

cybersteel8
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cybersteel8 »

Ahhhhhh yes, of course! Well spotted, grats :D

Return to “Technical Help”