New Shortcut Buttons cannot be enabled

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
radeor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New Shortcut Buttons cannot be enabled

Post by radeor »

I just started playing 0.17 and one issue I noticed was that only the "ALT" mode shortcut button in the new ui near the new quickbar was able to be selected.

Others like undo, copy / paste etc have their checkbox disabled so that it cannot be checked.

Is there perhaps a setting or a tech that enables them? I am playing with an early construction mod, so it would be nice to have them, but even without that it can be nice to use blueprints to plan stuff out that also cannot be enabled.

Warringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: New Shortcut Buttons cannot be enabled

Post by Warringer »

Same here. I cannot get it to work either...

radeor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by radeor »

Ok I figured out a way to do it be sure to save first since this will disable achievements, however the buttons will remain active after a reload:

save the game
press shift+~ (shift + tilde / the grave accent / backtick key) to open the console
enter: /c game.player.force.research_all_technologies()
re-enter it again the buttons will all be there now, however achievements will be disabled for this game
reload the save you made beforehand, the buttons should still be there, and achievements should still work

winterwookie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by winterwookie »

Bug report here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65257

radeor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by radeor »

FYI That added this in patch 0.17.2:
Added /unlock-shortcut-bar console command to unlock all shortcuts at once. This command does not disable achievements.

MoleOnDope
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MoleOnDope »

radeor wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:53 pm
Others like undo, copy / paste etc have their checkbox disabled so that it cannot be checked.
I had the same experience as well and found it confusing because I did 't know why others were using these already but I couldn't.
I later found a prompt that appears if you hover over the greyed out options saying something like "This option requires a personal roboport in order to be used", so it's definitely intentional and also reasonable, I guess.

What I didn't get though was why the hotkeys (like "ctrl+c" for the copy/paste mode) activated the option nevertheless :roll:

Return to “Gameplay Help”