finished the starting tutorial (maybe)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DaMetaEX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

finished the starting tutorial (maybe)

Post by DaMetaEX »

If that was how you get people into the game. you have got to improve the quality of life problems with it. i admit i didn't have much production of resorces for the final streach. but it clearly was not enough to keep up with the amount of bullets needed to win. i got lucky that only 1 bitter went after my labs or i would have failed that because how many and how frequent those attack waves got. i was sitting on about 400 rounds of amunition spread out in 3 spots (your forced pathing is noticeable) and was down to 40 rounds of amunition in 2 locations because one of them just straight up got eatten. and so did my iron production so couldn't recover from that.

(if that was the end of the tutorial "unlock green science" then it was ok except for that last bit.) BUT the frequency of bitters attacking was problematic with how much i had going (i will sugest stuff to improve this in a bit just bare with me) then the last...20 research packs i needed to burn were going through that is when death decended on my base. the chance of surviving that strong of an attack with what i did (which was about 3 to 4 times more than you requested) and it barely got me the win at a cost.

SUGESTION:
- you ask for the player to pick up some stuff for there base they built from segment 1 I picked it all up. "so either have a timer to get stuff or tell them to pack it all up"
- then in segment 2 where you build power and whatnot. you only asked for them to build a single steam generator. by the end, I was about 2.3 steam generators of power needed. "so ask them to build 2 steam generators or have a segment saying to improve your power production"
- bugs attack frequency is high enough to have entities littering the guns in a large amount which can cause issues with lower power machines. "reduce despawn timer for corpses for the tutorial as that attack frequency is way higher than normal gameplay.
- that final crashing wave i garentee non skilled players are going to be ready for that. "do something to improve the odds of success for new players by either toning down the attack or have a segment where the bot shows how to build a strong basic turret defence segment and he asks for you to build more."
- also if that was the end after getting that research it put me into normal survival but with 1000 bitters lingering in the remains of my base. a large amount attacking suport bot.
- if the tutorial actually ends there make it clear. if not i couldn't tell while ingame salavaging the remains of my bitten base
Last edited by DaMetaEX on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: finished the starting tutorial (maybe)

Post by Nexarius »

Is that a bug?

DaMetaEX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DaMetaEX »

could be. not too sure how to tutorial is to finished as it wasn't very clear.

ili
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ili »

Yes the introduction tutorial is harder then the old death world
deafeningly not appropriate for a new player.
Wavers every 5 seconds from both sides, just got overrun
2019-02-27_00-04-14.jpg
2019-02-27_00-04-14.jpg (733.38 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
Update: Manage to win in the last second 6/7 labs exploded :lol:
2019-02-27_00-51-55.jpg
2019-02-27_00-51-55.jpg (688 KiB) Viewed 1172 times

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”