Version 0.17.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.0

Post by wahming »

Am I the only one getting wiped out by biters in the campaign, when we need to research logistic science packs? I'm sure I could replay and win, but I have to wonder how newbies are going to survive it. Three gun turrets a side and 2 assemblers on ammo can't keep up with biter attacks...

ChiBeaGReenie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ChiBeaGReenie »

[Moving bug report over to right subforum - sorry!]
Last edited by ChiBeaGReenie on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Reminder : there is a bug report subforum, post your bugs and issues there.
Thank you
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

YourBringerOfRain
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by YourBringerOfRain »

nvm, bug report forum :)
Last edited by YourBringerOfRain on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

Koub wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:24 pm
facabo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 pm
I am also would like to know how to overwrite the option in the quickbar.
dood wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:59 pm
So how do I remove or overwrite things in my quickbar now?
It'll stay the same no matter what.
Mouse click/middle click to clear quickbar slot.
That's horrible and needs to change asap.

The middlemouse button was only to do some obscure filter setting, not to do basic inventory management.
Clicking it should never be a basic action you have to do a lot because most mice have terrible middlemouse buttons with wheels on them which then also turn if you click them and some mice don't even have one.

Also something is wrong if you can get stuck that early trying to do something as simple as managing the quickbar.

Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hanse00 »

The quick bar takes a little bit of playing to get used to. There's so much muscle memory so far that makes me go "wtf where are my it-- oh in the inventory".
But I do really like the approach, and I'm sure I will get used to it in a few more hours of playtime.

Thank you to the whole dev-team, for 6 years you've been creating magic for me and everyone else to enjoy.

Let's not forget where we started.

Vxsote
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vxsote »

orzelek wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:41 pm
yktktlk wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:31 pm
Modernized and optimized rendering backend. The game now uses DirectX 11 or OpenGL 3.3 Core and requires DirectX 10 class graphics card.
Does that mean i won't be able to play the game anymore? I'm getting "Could not create OpenGL context: Could not create GL context: The operation completed successfully." error. Intel HD Graphics B960 on Win7.
I'm affraid that your CPU is really to old:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... generation
It says there that it supports Dx 9 and not even full set or OpenGL 1.3.
It's not so much that the CPU itself is too old*, but that the integrated graphics on that CPU is too old. Here is another source of info about what that chip supports, which differs from what you posted, but still is short of the new requirements. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... ivers.html

@GP: that CPU is really weak for gaming (and below the Factorio minimum specs), but if Factorio was playable on it before, then perhaps the addition of a new discrete GPU - even a cheap one - will allow you to continue playing. However, you may want to do a bigger upgrade if it is within your means, especially in light of the higher VRAM usage as discussed in some recent FFFs.

*For example, one of my machines is a Core i7-2600K. That's a slightly older CPU even than the Pentium B960, and the integrated graphics on that do not support DX11 either. But it was a respectable CPU back then (2011), and I fully expect that machine (with a half decent graphics card), will be fine for running Factorio (extreme bases not included).

nastyslave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nastyslave »

Developers, please explain to us what exactly will happen, if we change it to TRUE :?

Code: Select all

; Options: true, false
; check-for-unused-pixels=false

----------------------------------
p.s. to all gamers that didn't know this hint: try to change at yours config.ini
FIND THIS:

; cache-sprite-atlas=false
CHANGE TO THIS:

cache-sprite-atlas=true
and then load factorio twise (first load needs to create atlas and save it to dir). You will be surprised how fast our lovely Factorio loads now! Especially if you have SSD!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

nastyslave wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:04 pm
please explain to us what exactly will happen, if we change it to TRUE :?
It will fill 2GB of your hard drive.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

how i did not not notice this so far is beyond me:

I agree with every one of the science changes, splitting away military from the need of just finishing the game. I think they are awesome.
With ONE exception: Power armor Mk2. Now everyone who just has a huge base in mind, with biters disabled, which should be quite common, has to build military just for that one armor. No other fancy military stuff, just the military 1,2,3+4 research.

While producing ~1000 military packs in itself shouldn´t be a problem, it doesn´t make sense imho. The bigger grid of Power Armor Mk2 is essential for having the fusion reactor and decent number of roboports in it, at least for anyone who´d like to build big.

Im ok to build the packs, but i think this goes against the whole tech tree rework
Last edited by GrumpyJoe on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

Alright, so there's "undo" - cool.
Why no "redo"? Either in Ctrl+Shift+Z, or Ctrl+Y.
Also, why doesn't "undo" work with upgrade planners? I'm not reporting it as a bug because from the changelog i take it was intentional, or at least is known and possibly being worked on.

I am not very happy with the fact that you placed the "research queue availability" in map creation settings, but i guess it can't be on a player-by-player basis... is there a way to turn it on in an old world via a console command? i can see "- Added LuaEntity::research_queue_enabled read/write." in the changelog and i'm trying to access it somehow, but i can't get it to work.
I wan't able to enable the queue even by launching a rocket in that old world - i guess the default setting is to "never" show it :(

also "Fixed that canceling production in assembling machine did return the products in progress." - that was a bug? crap.
but if you cancel manual construction (in "hands") you still get all the resources back - why the difference?

frostig
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by frostig »

malventano wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm
Are you on a >60Hz / Gsync / Freesync display? 0.16 would judder on those displays since it didn't play nicely with the faster sync of the display and since it was running in desktop refresh fullscreen you'd have to mess with variable refresh settings to make it smooth again. Maybe 0.17 handles this better (will test tonight at home).

Nope. Benq from 2008, 60hz 2ms. It feels like going from lower to higher fps. My computer is rather decend beside my keyboard and monitor tho :D
Whenever I click something or just move it is simply faster and more responsive.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Special thanks for
Added optional technology prototype property "hidden".
Added Entity prototype property "next_upgrade".
Added "fluid" energy_source type can be used for both fuel-value based fluids, and heat capacity based fluids configured the same was as the generator entity.
Increased limit for size of spritesheet to 8196px
And for any power source for all prototypes. And for LuaRendering.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Man, it was weird to start a game and not immediately make a pick...
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Basic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Basic »

I'm.... Blown away.

I've become totally hooked on this game and have been building up a mental list of niggles - but they were all so minor compared to how much fun I was having, they weren't really worth mentioning.

I _think_ you've addressed every single one of them.

Oh and that super-massive map that used to get ~42 FPS on my 12-core CPU now appears to be a buttery-smooth 60fps.

Bravo.

Letuce
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Letuce »

dood wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:46 pm
That's horrible and needs to change asap.

The middlemouse button was only to do some obscure filter setting, not to do basic inventory management.
Clicking it should never be a basic action you have to do a lot because most mice have terrible middlemouse buttons with wheels on them which then also turn if you click them and some mice don't even have one.

Also something is wrong if you can get stuck that early trying to do something as simple as managing the quickbar.
You can rebind the action to a different key.

crambaza
Inserter
Inserter

Post by crambaza »

I haven't loaded the new version yet, but I think there is something missing from the patch notes.

It was my understanding that assembling machine 1 could handle 3 ingredients now.

The official wiki though doesn't have this updated either.

Which means that assembling machine 2 requires green research, and green research requires inserters, and inserters require assembling machine 2…

I'm sure once I get a chance to log in, I'll see that assembly machine 1 did change, but that does mean that the patch notes, and the wiki have incorrect information.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

crambaza wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:09 pm
It was my understanding that assembling machine 1 could handle 3 ingredients now.
All vanilla assembling machines have same item number recipe limit : 6 (you can build the same items in all your assembling machines)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Krusnik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Krusnik »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:13 pm
[*]Changed personal roboports so they won't send construction robots if you're driving in a vehicle that they can't keep up with or if in a train in automatic mode.
Ah yes. Now my robots won't take 3 hours to get back to me!

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

Wow that's a huge feature list! Exciting! :D

Return to “Releases”