Option to go back to old quickbar

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hames_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Option to go back to old quickbar

Post by hames_3 »

I would just like a simple option to be able to go back to the old quickbar. This is because many older players have gotten used to the old style. I understand that the shift+1-5 wasn't the most intuitive system for new players, so by all means, make the default the new style. However, all I am asking is for an option to be able to use the old quickbar keybinds.

However, I would like to make it clear that although I would like this option, that does not mean I would like a return to the quickbar trying to be "smart", or being a second inventory. The changes in that regard are very welcome.

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Option to go back to old quickbar

Post by MiniHerc »

Does manual rebinding not work?

hames_3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hames_3 »

It does, however, the devs are known to be great, and why not add what I would think is a very simple option, as this is a big change from the old quickbar. Also, if a time comes in the future when keybinds are reset (for some reason) then this just makes things so much easier.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

It was specifically changed to what it is now. If you want the old keybindings you can go change it yourself.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Except you can't. The problem with the new quickbar isn't that it's not an inventory, I think that's as it should be.

The problem is, it's not quick. Setup used to be shift-clickclickclickclickclick. Now, shift-clicking is a pun on control-clicking. However sensible whatever internal logic drove that might seem, the resulting effect on the UI is not sensible. You've got a quickbar that's a —ing chore to set up when it wasn't before.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

There is no shift involved in setting up quickbar filters. Just put an item on aslot and done.
It's really convinient.

You may check your key bindings.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”